Strong Rumor: From Australian news source: Guns N' Roses currently working on new album

10 hours ago, downzy said:

They don't need this forum's help.  The hardcore online fanbase is such a small percentage of fans who buy tickets, merch, and albums that it's really not worth their time to worry about us.   It was different ten years ago when they had no real online presence, no fan club, and the hardcore fanbase was needed to push concerts and new material.  But we live in a different time when the band is selling almost a quarter of a billion dollars worth of tickets and this forum, the largest by far, may represent 1 percent of concert going fans.  We get on average 100k unique visitors a month, which sounds like a lot and I'd wager this is more than all other GNR forums combined.  But to put that into context, that's about the same amount of people that attend two (maybe three) GNR concerts.  So it is what its.

If Duff and Slash had such an issue with TB managing the band, I don't see why they'd rejoin.  

You might want to first understand what a manager does before attacking Beta or Fernando.  Contract negotiations aren't usually done by artist management save for monetary demands and broader terms.  Most artists like Axl/GNR would depend on a lawyer or legal team to handle the nitty gritty of contract negotiations.  

I really don't get this attitude towards TB.  They've been with Axl for over two decades and if you think they've kept their heads in the sand not learning anything about the music industry you're nuts.  

Since TB took over management the band has only released a live DVD and oversaw the biggest tour of 2016.  I'm sure mistakes have been made (cough, Nightrain), but let's not gloss over their successes.  

Not sure if you've met too many A&R guys, but I wouldn't be too worried about insulting them...  

Well said. It always mind boggles me when people base this forum's members opinions on how most GnR fans think or feel. There are so many out there that have no clue about forums. We represent a big portion but a small drop on a whole here.

I know someone at work who is a huge GnR fan but because they don't do the whole online thing he said it took him months to figure out Slash was back. His younger sister bought him tickets to a concert for his birthday.

Same thing goes with TB I'd have to say I see the most hate towards them here but I suspect that's because its the biggest fan forum. I assure you there's many in the world who could care less about their management or their lives as long as they get GnR and GnR music etc.

My co worker did make me see that maybe some more advertising where those not present on social media/online could be worked on but they're doing well with tickets so I don't think its that big of a deal.

At the end of day some still let the issues Axl/Slash etc had over 20 years ago form the opinion of how things must be today still.

Where as GnR doesn't need this forum as you said it is home to some of the most dedicated fans and I think they get that.

11 hours ago, downzy said:

What basis are you making the claim that the reunion was going to happen regardless of management?  

GNR has been managed by some of the most pre-eminent music managers in the industry (including the biggest name in artist management, Irving Azoff), and none of them got Axl to agree to a reunion.  I'm not saying that any one person deserves the credit, but to suggest that Duff is solely responsible is absurd.  

Axl trusts and has a lot of faith in Beta and Fernando.  I would suspect that Axl might not have been as agreeable if he had a management team that he felt wasn't working with his best interests in mind.  On that basis alone TB deserves a lot of credit if seeing Axl, Slash, and Duff share a stage again was important to you.  

Anyone could have called Slash for Axl. I think Duff deserves credit for making it happen and Axl's will. He simply wanted to do it. I'm guessing he saw a lucrative offer on the table after Duff was already half on board.

I don't believe it was one person that made it happen. It was just the right time and no real better options for all 3 of them imo.

• Like 1

12 minutes ago, Rovim said:

Anyone could have called Slash for Axl. I think Duff deserves credit for making it happen and Axl's will. He simply wanted to do it. I'm guessing he saw a lucrative offer on the table after Duff was already half on board.

I don't believe it was one person that made it happen. It was just the right time and no real better options for all 3 of them imo.

A lot of things had to happen for the reunion to become something real and possible.  I could be wrong in my assessment, but I truly believe that if Axl was being managed at the time by someone who he felt was only looking out for themselves (i.e. payday) he'd be less inclined to entertain the option.  I believe he's on record in an interview from the past four or five years about being weary of big-league managers or management teams coming in with the intent get the classic lineup back together and make bank.  TB has been with him through the thick and thin and have supported whatever he wanted to do at the time.  That has to count for something when Axl began entertaining the idea of reforming GNR with Slash and Duff.  

• Like 4

On 1/5/2017 at 9:37 PM, Billsfan said:

Would you prefer to love and lose, or just never love at all?

All right, it's not the same thing but I would rather get new GNR material versus just watching them milk the old songs for the next ten years.

Yes sure i would love a album from them, and they still have songs from back then, if they took some songs that never made it out back then, it might even be a great record

if we sum up all the members from the main gnr forums we have a total of 150.000 but 2,1 millions fans attended to the shows.

for each 14 gnr fans that attended the shows, there is 1  gnr fan that have an account on this gnr foruns. that proportion means 7%. the other 93% dont have an forum account.

24 minutes ago, comboguns said:

if we sum up all the members from the main gnr forums we have a total of 150.000 but 2,1 millions fans attended to the shows.

for each 14 gnr fans that attended the shows, there is 1  gnr fan that have an account on this gnr foruns. that proportion means 7%. the other 93% dont have an forum account.

#forumlivesmatter

• Like 3