Strong Rumor: From Australian news source: Guns N' Roses currently working on new album

56 minutes ago, Billsfan said:

I wouldn't consider it strong at all. Think about it...what do we have for evidence? We have a picture of Slash in a recording studio. If Fortus or Del or even Fernando was in the picture with him, I'd bet we'd all be losing our minds

Looks like a clickbait to me aswell

• Like 1

8 minutes ago, Mark1989 said:

That Andrew Treadwell is a former Photographer for Slash by the looks of it 

Very interesting thanks for looking it up. I am still on the fence how true it is, but I want to believe

This is him with SMKC

13094284_947747828677092_591932565043746

Edited by StrangerInThisTown
  • Like 1

Just now, StrangerInThisTown said:

Very interesting thanks for looking it up. I am still on the fence how true it is, but I want to believe

I dont believe it it true but the guy is friends (that like his pictures) with musicians that have apparently worked with Slash in the past 

17 minutes ago, Mark1989 said:

I dont believe it it true but the guy is friends (that like his pictures) with musicians that have apparently worked with Slash in the past 

He obviously hangs out with the band and worked for them or still works. He also deleted the comment, if a person wants to start rumours and spew bullshit they would have no reason to remove it again and would want the post to stay up right? Just trying to think a bit logical here. Because I'm thinking he was told off to remove it or realized it by himself that he was not supposed to bring out this info to public.

#CSI:mygnr detectives report to duty

And I know Brat Buchanan is gonna read this and post up his shitty articles, just wanted you to know you're a right cock and what's wrong with the media.

Edited by StrangerInThisTown

If this rumour has any merit, wouldn't you expect to see a new song being dropped into the upcoming European tour, or at least teased. It seems to me this would be the perfect way to start the hype for a new album test the waters and increase interest for the second leg of the USA tour. 

I have no problem with left over Chinese era, or for that matter any contributions by Slash and Duff that might have been originally written with their other bands in mind. As long as what they are working on excites them, motivates and brings some chemistry into the current line up.

52 minutes ago, StrangerInThisTown said:

He obviously hangs out with the band and worked for them or still works. He also deleted the comment, if a person wants to start rumours and spew bullshit they would have no reason to remove it again and would want the post to stay up right? Just trying to think a bit logical here. Because I'm thinking he was told off to remove it or realized it by himself that he was not supposed to bring out this info to public.

#CSI:mygnr detectives report to duty

And I know Brat Buchanan is gonna read this and post up his shitty articles, just wanted you to know you're a right cock and what's wrong with the media.

I agree he perhaps got a word that he shouldn't be putting this stuff on social media. We haven't seen Axl in a while perhaps he was recording these 'Demos " haha 

3 hours ago, MrSoftie said:

New Axl vocals Towelie... I don't care if that comes in the form of an AC/DC album or a Steps album, either way it's new vocals :lol:

You're in luck as they've reunited and have a new one out,

• Like 1

Unless we all thought that Slash, Myles, Todd Kerns, and Tremonti were lying; we already knew a next SMKC album was in the works.  (It does appear that Slash lies rather freely, but not everyone lies and even he not all the time) 

And I think it seemed fairly clear that Axl and Angus were to continue the bromance.   For me Phil Rudds about face on Axl was the the final clue that was needed.

But a GNR album could still take priority for all we know.

Only thing about Treadwells post that stood out to me was "Slash is currently finishing off his studio now."  So, Slash is apparently building a new studio?  Maybe that was known but was news to me, if true.  Or maybe he meant to say that Slash is currently finishing up his time recording in the studio?

Edited by soon
spelling

43 minutes ago, soon said:

Only thing about Treadwells post that stood out to me was "Slash is currently finishing off his studio now."  So, Slash is apparently building a new studio?  Maybe that was known but was news to me, if true.  Or maybe he meant to say that Slash is currently finishing up his time recording in the studio?

I think he means that Slash is building a new studio in the house he's living in now. Remember, his last home studio was in the house that he was living in with Perla (which they were trying to sell). It makes sense that he would be making a new studio in the new house to work out ideas and demos in.

And we've known that there would be a new SMKC album at some point. It was already written and they were going to begin pre-production before the whole GnR thing happened. I'm sure after this tour is over the GnR guys will want to take a little break and figure out their next steps before booking another tour or recording or whatever. We just have to wait until after this year.

Unfortunately, I think after this fall's US dates and maybe a few others in S. America, it's dunzo. A year and a half world tour. Bye. See ya. It's been real. There's no new music coming. I find it hard to believe that with all of their musical talent, they couldn't have banged out a 4 or 5 song EP. I believe they have no desire to record together. I  don't think they're all that close, really. A few hours on stage, then off they go, probably in separate buses, separate dressing rooms, etc. Too bad. I'm not one bit interested in The Conspirators with Myles Kennedy. A hell of a nice guy, but I just can't get into his voice. 

• Like 2

On 2017-04-30 at 1:16 AM, Rovim said:

I don't understand this thinking. There is no deadline. Easy to try and apply logic and give it a year, but there are many factors that can't be ignored like the fact they are still in touring mode, there's Angus, and Axl wants to write fresh material on top of that.

It's just not realistic to lose hope before another decade has passed.

Edit: plus you know Axl was finishing up CD ll with Pitman in 2015. Shit changed. The semi reunion restarted the whole thing. I believe Axl when he says he wants to release more music, I see the excitement in his eyes when Slash is noodling but not soon is more than just a year or two and just because they maybe won't talk about it or there will be no indication to us in a year from now, doesn't mean it won't happen eventually. I remember you silent years.

Of course there is no official deadline, it's simply my own speculation.  They may very well wrap up the Europe and North American tour, take six months off and then start the recording process.  There's always that possibility.  I'm just thinking out loud as to what's probable.  If Slash and company are largely doing this for the money (and I've seen very little indication that there aren't more believable explanations), I can't see them sticking around for another year or two to release another album.  GNR works on a very different time frame, one that doesn't gel with Slash who likes to write, record, and publish in a short time period.  For those who haven't noticed, GNR hasn't been a great platform for those looking to release new music.  

Again, I think this has less to do with Axl and more to do with how guys like Slash and Duff scratch their creative itch.  Maybe they're down for re-recording guitar and bass parts on an almost finished GNR album that Axl has in the can?  Maybe they would be up for adding a few of their own songs, so long as they speak to Axl at that particular time.  Or maybe they see their own bands as a better fit to pursue new music opportunities.  By the time this tour ends they'll certainly have the money to do whatever they want. 

On 2017-04-29 at 3:03 PM, BorderlineCrazy said:

Well, honestly I wouldn't even want Slash to stick around for a new album that was made without him where he only reworked other people's guitar parts. In a perfect world, I'd love to see Axl put a solo band together and release all the music he worked on prior to the reunion there. If GNR ever gets to write a new record, that's great but if not, I'd like to see Slash staying creative, writing and releasing music. He's already played CD covers just like he played STP covers with VR but being the last employee to work on Axl's project is the least attractive thing in the world to me.

Having an outsider co-writing a song here and there is one thing but having a full album written by Axl with 25 outsiders is completely different. We only have three of the five original members and only one of them would be involved in the songwriting while the other two would only be rearranging songs a bit. Getting to hear Axl again would be amazing but that doesn't sound like Guns N' Roses to me, that's definitely not the album I'm hoping to hear.

I get what you're saying, but at this point, considering everything we know about Axl, Guns N' Roses, and the likelihood of getting new music, any chance of new music may be based on the situation you're not interested in.  I just don't think it's a feasible or realistic expectation for Axl to put together a separate and solo music act to publish his unfinished work.  All things considered, such a proposition would take way too long.  

Just as Slash and Duff graciously took up material from Chinese Democracy to play on tour, i think they'd have to accept a bulk of Axl's unreleased material if they're interested in releasing a new GNR album.  As I said, i think they could definitely write a couple of songs and have them included in the finished project, but to write and record a new album with nothing but Slash/Duff/Axl compositions is something I just don't see happening.  

• Like 1

7 hours ago, StrangerInThisTown said:

You are spot on except for the material part. Slash said he would even have stuck through an industrial record with Axl if that meant the band would work together again. The main reason he wrote his book is to clear up this misconception and he wrote the exact reasons in an entire section of his book why it happened and artistic differences was not one of them.

Sorry, i didn't mean about the content of the material, but the process of creating and recording the material.  It's been almost a decade since I last read Slash's book so my memory might be off, but I recall Slash's issue with Axl during the mid 90s had more to do with how long the next album was going to take and how difficult Slash perceived working with Axl was at that time.  Not that Slash doesn't view his composition as high art, but he's not one to revisit and tinker.  He prefers to write, record, and release in a short period of time.  Axl operates very differently, almost in direct opposition.  I don't see why this dynamic would be any different this time around.  Maybe I'm wrong.  Maybe with Slash and some of his old buddies Axl will have a little more confidence in the material that he doesn't feel the need to re-record different parts many times over.  If Axl isn't able or willing to be a little more publicly prolific, I don't see Slash sticking around with GNR to release new material when he's got his own band ready to go.  

Again, just my opinion.  

• Like 3

4 minutes ago, GoForJMark said:

Here's an opinion. Myles Kennedy and the Conspirators should fuck off and yield. Allow Slash to focus on Gn'R man. 

They did, by taking a break and letting Slash do the GnR tour. Slash calls the shots in smkc btw. They tour and record when he says so. No one in that band is telling him what to do.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, MaskingApathy said:

They did, by taking a break and letting Slash do the GnR tour. Slash calls the shots in smkc btw. They tour and record when he says so. No one in that band is telling him what to do.

What I mean is they should yield(voluntarily let go of the fucking band SMKC) and let Gn'R fans get at least a fucking record.

• Like 1