Axl Rose and Tom Petty

jman2000

I am sure most of you have seen/herd Axl and Tom singing Free Fallin' at the MTV Music Video Awards. I first heard the second part today, where they sing Heartbreak Hotel. Wow. Just wow. I don't think I ever saw Axl with this much energy and his vocals being just perfect! What do you guys think?

Don't think I ever saw that second part myself. Thank you for this. I'm still looking for an mp3 of the early Gn'R demo of that song. Or maybe it wasn't a demo, but I recall it was a good version. Right now I have a bad one.

Edited by GnR Chris

A little irrelevant, but it's videos like this that make me think Axl would've done better to just have gone "solo" after the breakup. He has/had enough talent and presence to go without the GNR label.

Also, this is my favorite Axl duet/cameo/whateveryouwannacallit

Don't think I ever saw that second part myself. Thank you for this. I'm still looking for an mp3 of the early Gn'R demo of that song. Or maybe it wasn't a demo, but I recall it was a good version. Right now I have a bad one.

No problem! I can get you a good quality Heartbreak Hotel demo if you would like. Just message me. I will be able to get it for you later tomorrow when I'm at home.

Yes, I would say Axl was definitely at his best. Trying to impress Petty here? :shades: LOL. Axl doing a solo project would be interesting, possibly taking different people for instruments in each song or every few? Kind of like Slash did with vocalists for his first solo album.

I think that getting to know Tom also led to why Axl did KOHD per Dylan's request. Must've been fun for Axl at that time to meet Dylan, Lynne and Harrison, I think Orbison was gone. George's wife was the one who got GNR to put "Civil War" on the benefit.

Maybe if they do a new Traveling Wilburys, Axl would be a part of it.

The Stones did Salt of the Earth at the Rock and Roll Circus, but that was it.

Tom and the Heartbreakers were always a great band, they kicked Dylan's ass in shape where he did Bob Dylan songs that sounded like Bob fucking Dylan for the first time since The Band backed him.

Vedder did a pretty good job with Petty on "The Waiting" and a few others.

I hate when uploaders stretch the aspect ratio. I wish youtube would offer 16:9, 4:3, etc options like some other players do.

That's why i hate the "Full Shows" from Guns N' Roses in YouTube... All videos are in 16:9. But the original videos source are 4:3!! Fat Axl in the 80 and 90s looks stupid...

I wish there is a Uploader in YT with all GN'R Videos in original aspect ratio :(

No problem! I can get you a good quality Heartbreak Hotel demo if you would like. Just message me. I will be able to get it for you later tomorrow when I'm at home.

Yes, I would say Axl was definitely at his best. Trying to impress Petty here? :shades: LOL. Axl doing a solo project would be interesting, possibly taking different people for instruments in each song or every few? Kind of like Slash did with vocalists for his first solo album.

Could I get that too, please? Awesome performance.

Could I get that too, please? Awesome performance.

The Heartbreak Hotel GNR demo? Yeah sure just message me also.

The other day when I was shopping out of town, I went to a store to get some cd's, records whatever I wanted. I saw a cd and dvd entitled Guns N' Roses Live Rarities or something like that. I almost bought it, and it said it had Free Fallin' with Tom Petty and the video was like "redone" or something to make it better I forgot the exact word. Off topic a bit, but they also had a 2 disc Greatest Hits cd. I ended up getting the Live and Let Die cd single (which I haven't seen ones in this same case yet, I am going to post pictures and start a thread soon) and also got the Sympathy for the Devil cd single. rock3

Maybe if they do a new Traveling Wilburys, Axl would be a part of it.

If there's no CDII coming I would LOVE to see Axl be a part of something like that. Would be awesome exposure for him and I think he would really have something to contribute to something like that. Plus it would take take him out of the CDI groove and perhaps get some creative juices flowing.

Thanks jman2000 for posting the video. I've never seen that second part and it was great! :thumbsup:

It still gives me shivers to see him sing Free Fallin'. It gets me every time. :D