May 26th, 2013 - San Antonio, Texas: River City Rock Fest

Tyler Drama

VIP package isn't worth it.. I got it (when they first went on sale) and its just stupid. You can't watch the show from the VIP area, you have to go into the GA area.. all it is.. is 'special' place with food/drinks, bathrooms and different parking (still have to pay parking from what I understand.. just a different gate) and a shaded area to sit down between shows.

My VIP tickets do have seat numbers. Where are they?

Bump....

Who is all going attending?

I will be there in the VIP area. Saw GNR back in Dallas in 2011. Now seeing them in my hometown!

Hint - I will be wearing the GNR shirt

dude! Have a great time. I was at the Dallas show too. Going to see GNR next Wednesday in Dallas again. Last year I saw them in Las Vegas. This is the third time seeing Axl and GNR. I can't wait. Have a blast and be safe. I will be wearing a GNR shirt from the Vegas shows! Can't wait I'm so excited to see them again.

Axl said it wouldn't take another twenty years to come back to Dallas and he was telling the truth! lol

Hey VAL! I remember us chatting about the show in Dallas. Had a great time going up there for that show. Can't believe GNR is now playing in my own backyard.

Should be a great show. Want to see AIC, Halestorm, and Clutch.

Halestorm is playing a 4:00 in the afternoon - way to early for the winner of the Hard Rock Grammy this year.

Funny how the older bands like GNR and AIC rule the stage these days. Rock music scene these days sux

Edited by SALonghorn

• Replies 334
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I was supposed to have Sunday off, but I have to work. Luckily someone traded their morning shift for my evening shift. I get out at 230. I should arrive in San Antonio by 6. I really wanted to see Halestorm. You guys pm me over there.

VIP package isn't worth it.. I got it (when they first went on sale) and its just stupid. You can't watch the show from the VIP area, you have to go into the GA area.. all it is.. is 'special' place with food/drinks, bathrooms and different parking (still have to pay parking from what I understand.. just a different gate) and a shaded area to sit down between shows.

My VIP tickets came with a parking pass

The tickets have a GA seat assigned to it

We will see tomorrow since this the first time this type of event has been put on by the spurs organization

According to Bumblefoot Twitter - bus broke down this morning. Have to come up backup plan to get to San Antonio

maybe I should offer to pick them up???? :)

Sorry I'm a bit mixed up with dates. It's the 26th now, should they be onstage or am I 24hrs too early? I have a feeling it's another day away before gnr perform.

today yes but it is May 25th 11:44PM local time at venue right now....

GNR at 10PM may 26th local time

Edited by gunsguy

Sorry I'm a bit mixed up with dates. It's the 26th now, should they be onstage or am I 24hrs too early? I have a feeling it's another day away before gnr perform.

today yes but it is May 25th 11:44PM local time at venue right now....

GNR at 10PM may 26th local time

Yeah thanks, time differences are a pain.

It's not raining right now.

Have you gone by the venue? Is it alright? I hope so for everyone going!! Enjoy the show man

Edit: apparently ready to rock!

@RCRockFest 7h

Rain has not stopped @RCRockFest - doors at 12pm & 1st band at 1pm. Please allow extra time and caution traveling.

bli5yaceaab3oejpglarge.jpg

Wow that stage is huge.

While it is a festival, there is no grass or dirt. It is all cement around the AT&T Center. But I do remember that when it always rains during the rodeo in February, there were plenty of puddles around the place.

More rain on the way when the show starts at noon. Damn.

Rockfest05-26-2013_zps749a4164.png

Map of festival grounds.

934709_460989357328068_1191477570_n.jpg

942503_460760157350988_1649779300_n.jpg

Edited by SALonghorn

Time to bring out the yellow raincoat

Was that raincoat actually Axl's or did he just half inch it off someone out of desperation? I know his dress sense is considered out there sometimes but I can't see him actually going into a store and buying it.

Edited by alfierose

Time to bring out the yellow raincoat

Was that raincoat actually Axl's or did he just half inch it off someone out of desperation? I know his dress sense is considered out there sometimes but I can't see him actually going into a store and buying it.
I liked it. Sort of an homage to BH. Had he not messed up the lyrics to NR, and his voice was as good as it was 2 nights later, it would be a non-issue.