Chinese Democracy is now available at Ollie's Bargain Outlets for $4.99!

My local Ollie's Bargain Outlets now has a large quantity of Chinese Democracy CD's for $4.99. I will post a picture later.

Oh well. save up your pocket money for a couple months, and you might be able to actually get it legally this time (allegedly, of course)

It's good to see the album going up in price. When I saw it on Amazon brand new for $.49 six months ago, I was worried that it might give some the wrong impression about the overall quality of the album. It didn't help matters that, during the 2012 holiday season, my local Dollar General had numerous copies mixed in a giant bin full of other junk where, if you spent over $10, you were able to pick one free item out of that bin..

Edited by Indigo ChiId

LOL, I remember I was debating with MSL on one of the forums about how many copies ChiDem sold here in the U.S. and he was claiming he called someone at Best Buy who told him they sold out all their 1.6 million copies...well I guess he was correct in a sense but not quite what he was implying I think.......... :lol:

Edited by classicrawker
  • Like 1

No offense, guys, but this is pretty old news. It's been sold at both Ollie's and Dollar Tree in the past - and already been discussed here both times, too.

I think what probably happened is: Best Buy, as we know, bought tons and tons of copies in advance. Well, as we all know, they didn't sell all those copies. So after the one-year exclusive deal expired, BB was probably stuck with millions (or at least hundreds of thousands) of physical copies of the album. So of course they sold them to bulk discount stores like Costco, Ollie's, Dollar Tree, etc. -- so it's not really that surprising or indicative of the (lack of) quality of the album per se, it's just because the Best Buy deal was unique and they were left with a lot of leftover copies and nowhere to put them. They probably sold them at a cheap rate.

Best Buy marked the CD's and vinyl down to like $2.99 maybe only $1.99. If they couldn't sell them at that price and had to liquidate them to bargain outlets that's not a good sign.

I remember the day the album came out I bought 2 CD's and 2 vinyl copies. That cost me like $70.

I remember the day the album came out I bought 2 CD's and 2 vinyl copies. That cost me like $70.

I'll never understand how one can buy multiple copies of the same album without being obsessive. Maybe 2 max if you absolutely love it and want one on vinyl and one on CD, but other than that, just weird ...

Remember the LoveMyLifeLovemyWife guy? He bought something like 20 + copies of the album and posted all those pictures bragging about it. Honestly, the only thing that comes off to me is that you are a scary an/or lonely individual in the real world.

[edit]

I remember when some fans were concerned that the stores were going to run out of copies due to the demand. Funny in hindsight.

Edited by Slash is Cancer

I'll never understand how one can buy multiple copies of the same album without being obsessive. Maybe 2 max if you absolutely love it and want one on vinyl and one on CD, but other than that, just weird ...

Remember the LoveMyLifeLovemyWife guy? He bought something like 20 + copies of the album and posted all those pictures bragging about it. Honestly, the only thing that comes off to me is that you are a scary an/or lonely individual in the real world.

[edit]

I remember when some fans were concerned that the stores were going to run out of copies due to the demand. Funny in hindsight.

I bought two copies, one for my CD player and one for my car. Plus a vinyl copy. Then I started buying a bunch of import CDs, like South American imports and Japanese imports. I see no reason why you shouldn't buy multiple copies of your favorite album?

• Like 1