What if the "new" material sucks?

I believe Axl described the next record as a heavier version of Chinese Democracy.

On that basis, I'm calling that it's fucking mindblowing.

I'm pretty sure that Axl has reserved the 'big-guns' for CD2….why should he have wasted them in rock's history most anticipated and costly album anyways?

I always wondered what songs fell into the category of 'big guns'.

The Blues is one of the strongest tracks on Chinese Democracy, but I'm sure I read somewhere that Axl was unsure whether or not the songs played in 01/02 would make it onto the album.

if its the leftovers .. all warmed up.. something is better than nothing.

I think those of us that got royaly cornholed during the long wait dont have huge grandios expectations. When a band doesnt act like its excited about writing and delivering new and interesting songs... RATHER the song was written and recorded in 30 minutes or IF it took ten years of tinkering and reworking- its hard to really get all hopped up and excited that the next go round is going to be over the top.. well see. Thats the best anyone here can really say... Well see...

if it happens .. good ... cant be any worse than the state of affairs now. If not- thats ok too.. GNR has faded into a novelty act that ceased being remotely what it was in any shape way or form. At this point I could care less about what you all say is QUALITY.. because CD was hardly QUALITY and it reflects that by the way it came and went instantly to cult status for that population that appreciates it.

I say "new" because of songs like the General or Atlas Shrugged or Silkworms that have been floating around for awhile.

Anyways just about every member of this forum is united by the fact that they want to see GNR release some new music sometime in the future. When will this point in the future be? Well that's another thread for another day.

But if CD is any indicator of what to expect, well, fuck. I mean, how high are your expectations for this new shit? CD was mediocre, and I have a strong feeling that whatever else will come out will probably be the same. Do you all enjoy this masochistic torture? At least the "new" bands that I like (Sheepdogs, J. Roddy Walston, Black Keys, bla bla bla) actually can release quality material on a consistent basis. THAT is something worth looking forward to.

CD was a bloated overproduced load of bile, but the songs had amazing potential.

I honestly feel Scraped is terrible, TIL is a whinefest and Sorry is a bit poor too. But the rest are essentially good songs. I really love the IRS, TWAT and CITR leaks from roughly 2000. And the 2001/2002 live version of The Blues is stellar.

If they put that kind of production on the other songs we'll be fine. A rock feel or a sort of industrial rock feel. That's be ace. But if they butcher them like they did the CD songs, we're fucked. That'd be a terrible shame. And we'll just have to wait for the demo's box set they'll release 20 years from now.

Edited by username