"He’s begun thinking about putting the original group all back together for a global tour" - Don Marrandino

the success of this residency will probably have only made axl more bullheaded in regards to a reunion, so if it's ever gonna happen, probably not for a long time.

the way i see it at this point, they'd maybe do a one-off performance years from now when they're all in their 60s or something, and the current band is dissolved and axl doesn't have anything to lose by getting on stage with them. but the day he gets back on a stage with slash, he knows it'll undo everything he's worked toward so far, so why risk it? that's why he didn't show up to the RNRHOF awards, imo.

exactly. Why would Axl go back to the old guns if he's doing well financially? We know he wasn't happy artistically.

It's true they'd be going back to a creative situation that wasn't working when Slash left.

Plus Axl probably gets 50% of new GNR stuff. Whereas who knows with a reunion, and people assume it would be megabucks, maybe maybe not. Creatively it's not that enticing. Like you used to be huge, now show us why, no pressure!

A reunited GNR could lock themselves in a room and have an album in a weekend as long as the motivation was there and they can tolerate each other.

Izzy thinks it would take a little longer........

“Well, you know what? It’s funny, cos like me, Duff and Slash - we could go in and make a Guns N’ Roses record in a week. Basic tracks. [but] vocals and leads [instrumentation] could take God knows how long…”

• Like 1

What if this happened?

Slash finishes touring his new album.

They find a crackerjack young singer and restart Velvet Revolver. They do a couple local shows and the buzz is huge.

VR gets together and lays down 12 studio tracks.

Album is due out June 1, 2015..........Management is setting up a six month tour that starts May 1st.

On April 4th, Axl calls up Slash and Duff and says
"Izzy and Adler are on board and Team Brazil is going on vacation for the next year. Let's get together and write an album this summer. We'll start a tour October, release the album in November, and tour the world for a year. We will be an equal partnership, vote on all decisions, and I'll show up to every show on time and in shape. You guys in?"

Do Slash and Duff DROP Matt and Velvet Revolver, don't promote the VR record, don't go on tour - and instead they head back to GnR?

What if this happened?

Slash finishes touring his new album.

They find a crackerjack young singer and restart Velvet Revolver. They do a couple local shows and the buzz is huge.

VR gets together and lays down 12 studio tracks.

Album is due out June 1, 2015..........Management is setting up a six month tour that starts May 1st.

On April 4th, Axl calls up Slash and Duff and says

"Izzy and Adler are on board and Team Brazil is going on vacation for the next year. Let's get together and write an album this summer. We'll start a tour October, release the album in November, and tour the world for a year. We will be an equal partnership, vote on all decisions, and I'll show up to every show on time and in shape. You guys in?"

Do Slash and Duff DROP Matt and Velvet Revolver, don't promote the VR record, don't go on tour - and instead they head back to GnR?

No way.

Axl is far too unreliable to scrap things you've already worked on, in the HOPE that Axl keeps his word and works hard.

the success of this residency will probably have only made axl more bullheaded in regards to a reunion, so if it's ever gonna happen, probably not for a long time.

the way i see it at this point, they'd maybe do a one-off performance years from now when they're all in their 60s or something, and the current band is dissolved and axl doesn't have anything to lose by getting on stage with them. but the day he gets back on a stage with slash, he knows it'll undo everything he's worked toward so far, so why risk it? that's why he didn't show up to the RNRHOF awards, imo.

exactly. Why would Axl go back to the old guns if he's doing well financially? We know he wasn't happy artistically.

It's true they'd be going back to a creative situation that wasn't working when Slash left.

Plus Axl probably gets 50% of new GNR stuff. Whereas who knows with a reunion, and people assume it would be megabucks, maybe maybe not. Creatively it's not that enticing. Like you used to be huge, now show us why, no pressure!

A reunited GNR could lock themselves in a room and have an album in a weekend...

Yeah because Axl would want out ASAP.....and TB would be scowling at him.

A reunited GNR could lock themselves in a room and have an album in a weekend as long as the motivation was there and they can tolerate each other.

That seems like a myth. Every album they have done has taken about a decade. UYI had songs written in AFD era and two covers.

I think they probably could knock out a UYI type thing. But Axl's songs did take longer than a weekend.

What would take longer is the lyrics or theme. To really be true to themselves and still live up to the badass past. How do they explain themselves in 2016 or whatever. We're back to rip you off!!!

Permanent Vacation and Pump are my only context. But Aerosmith went pretty commercial.

I don't think you hit on great stuff like Jungle, PC, SCOM, NR, DC, Estrnaged by accident. They might have recorded them in a few weeks but they came out of a longer creative process.

This is without even getting into the fact the 2 main guys hate each other, one, cartoonishly so.

hate and love are very similar feelings, they're almost the same especially for someone like axl... it can change very fast. i'm very confident about the possibility of a reunion, no matter what the gnr haters (those who don't want gnr back) can say. Edited by supercool

That seems like a myth. Every album they have done has taken about a decade. UYI had songs written in AFD era and two covers.

I think they probably could knock out a UYI type thing. But Axl's songs did take longer than a weekend.

What would take longer is the lyrics or theme. To really be true to themselves and still live up to the badass past. How do they explain themselves in 2016 or whatever. We're back to rip you off!!!

Permanent Vacation and Pump are my only context. But Aerosmith went pretty commercial.

I don't think you hit on great stuff like Jungle, PC, SCOM, NR, DC, Estrnaged by accident. They might have recorded them in a few weeks but they came out of a longer creative process.

Actually UYI took just over 2 years when they finally decided to write a new album so me thinks you are exaggerating a wee bit............... :lol:

Edited by classicrawker

Don't put your life in the hands of a rock n roll band and throw it all away

Wise words. Especially those around there that talk about a rock band like its some religious experience.

And like they are best buddies with band members. Can you imagine hating other musicians simply because your idol hates them?

Wise words. Especially those around there that talk about a rock band like its some religious experience.

And like they are best buddies with band members. Can you imagine hating other musicians simply because your idol hates them?

Not even a little bit.

Nor getting so worked up when someone makes what it obviously a joke at their expense.

These people are not your family. They made some songs you liked. That's it.

And like they are best buddies with band members. Can you imagine hating other musicians simply because your idol hates them?Not even a little bit.

Nor getting so worked up when someone makes what it obviously a joke at their expense.

I wouldn't go that far, dude.

I met Beta backstage and she smiled and said hello and was very friendly.

Ron retweeted something I wrote on Twitter.

DJ liked a post I made on his facebook page.

And at a meet and greet, I got to spend several quality minutes with Dizzy, Frank and even Axl. They were all very nice.

Plus I'm a huge fan and have been to several shows.

So I kind of feel like........well, we might not be family, but I would definitely consider all the guys as my friend.

I'm pretty sure if I ran into Axl at a restaurant he'd have NO problem inviting me over to his table to share a meal. "Hey, aren't you that dude who was really cool at the meet-and-greet in Chicago? And you've written some nice things about us on our facebook page. Come sit down and have a meal with us. And take all the pictures you want. Beta, you remember this guy, right?"

Axl's music has a deeper meaning for me than it does for guys like you. We share a really strong connection that is different from what most fans feel.

So ya. I'm just kind of friends with the band? But I really think if they spent some real quality time with me, I'd no doubt end up as part of their family and inner circle.

So if Axl hates Slash. Then of course I must hate him as well. And I really do think that someday Axl/Beta will see my Slash-bashing posts and that might be the key that gets me one step closer to being part of the GnR Camp.

• Like 2

And like they are best buddies with band members. Can you imagine hating other musicians simply because your idol hates them?Not even a little bit.

I wouldn't go that far, dude.

I met Beta backstage and she smiled and said hello and was very friendly.

Ron retweeted something I wrote on Twitter.

DJ liked a post I made on his facebook page.

And at a meet and greet, I got to spend several quality minutes with Dizzy, Frank and even Axl. They were all very nice.

Plus I'm a huge fan and have been to several shows.

So I kind of feel like........well, we might not be family, but I would definitely consider all the guys as my friend.

I'm pretty sure if I ran into Axl at a restaurant he'd have NO problem inviting me over to his table to share a meal. "Hey, aren't you that dude who was really cool at the meet-and-greet in Chicago? And you've written some nice things about us on our facebook page. Come sit down and have a meal with us. And take all the pictures you want. Beta, you remember this guy, right?"

Axl's music has a deeper meaning for me than it does for guys like you. We share a really strong connection that is different from what most fans feel.

So ya. I'm just kind of friends with the band? But I really think if they spent some real quality time with me, I'd no doubt end up as part of their family and inner circle.

So if Axl hates Slash. Then of course I must hate him as well. And I really do think that someday Axl/Beta will see my Slash-bashing posts and that might be the key that gets me one step closer to being part of the GnR Camp.

:huh:

:crazy:

:nervous:

:scared:

:laugh:

:suspicious:

:rofl-lol: :rofl-lol: :rofl-lol: :rofl-lol: :rofl-lol:

• Like 2

Actually UYI took just over 2 years when they finally decided to write a new album so me thinks you are exaggerating a wee bit............... :lol:
Of course but some of the songs were written during AFD era. they've never written and recorded an album in 2 weeks. Edited by wasted

I'm buying some buds that's how committed I am to getting drunk I mean GNR. Both really drinking first over everything though. Then GNR. Then melting cheese on carbs and eating it with hot sauce. I'd say chicks but I can't remember the last time I came on a chicks face and dating isn't cool.

C'mon... how hard would it be to do one reunion show or tour?

The nuband does nothing for me.

nuGNR, Adler's Appetite, Walking Papers, etc. ...they all suck.

Just put aside your petty differences for 1 year and give the fans what they really want you selfish pricks.

It wouldn't be hard to get together and shut down the Troubadour and do it as a private party. There's definitely fans who could cover a million dollar reunion concert without making it a public event. Like I said, we saw 4 out of the 5 show up for Adler's gig and there was no money in it for them, just a group of guys getting together for a night.

But a world tour - trying to make it a big money event with all the people wanting to get involved and they have to deal with piecing everything back together?

We know part of why Slash and Axl had a rift but I don't think we have the full story. Maybe he's fueled up when he has an "enemy" but it's to the detriment of his fanbase that he's like this. Maybe he enjoys people saying anything about GNR vs saying nothing, and that whole "I will never have a reunion because I believe in this band". I agree the Rock Hall is a bunch of bullshit as far as the induction process goes, but the night is all about the music they made together, not the inner politics of why they can't stand each other.