"He’s begun thinking about putting the original group all back together for a global tour" - Don Marrandino

If it was all about the money he'd have made a hell of a lot more reuniting and having a fake happy sunshine rainbow reunion. If it was all about the music though, he'd have released two albums by now, he seemed to find a comfortable numbing routine for too long but is coming out of it with these last couple performances.

• Like 1

The success of Slash's new album might play into the picture, as well as if Velvet Revolver is able to find life with a new singer.

If the album bombs and VR can't find a singer......Slash might be willing to take one on the chin in hopes of a GnR reunion.

But if the new Slash record performs well, and VR is able to find an exciting singer and those guys put out an album.....why would Slash want to put up with the headache that is TB and the mountain of expectations that would be involved with a GnR reunion?

So I don't think the sole decision resides on Axl's court. Duff seems like he'd put up for it (unless VR takes off again). I'm sure Steven or Matt would love to do another GnR album and tour. The next year would have a huge impact on Slash's interest. And if CD2 is really close to being finished and released, and Axl really believed in the songs - I don't think he'd throw that away for the reunion.

If there was a possibility of a reunion, it doesn't seem like it would be in the next couple of years.

one knowledgeable insider told me.

as long as i can't hear from Axl's mouth i don't believe it. If he said something like this, that would be credible (unlike the other promises)

Besdies this, i don't think Axl EVER reunite with Slash again

“They are definitely thinking of returning for another mini-run at the Hard Rock. We’ve already had conversations about converting one of the restaurant venues into a Guns N’ Roses hangout with its own barbecue and hamburger lineup.”

In this case, if Axl allowed this, he lost all his remain credibility.

From that point if this happens, i officialy wish him to retire and starting to cupcake the band, the crew, the forums etc. as much as humanly possible

Edited by Crash Diet

It's happening. I mean really? How long can you deny the obvious.

1) Rumors of Ron leaving.

2) Duff playing an entire tour, and Axl/Duff trying to get Izzy out for the Vegas show.

3) Axl agreeing to meet Izzy for RRHOF reunion (even though he didn't show up).

4) Leaked reports of the band potentially breaking up before the residency started.

5) This guy saying Axl's considering putting the band back together in private conversations.

WHERE THERE'S SMOKE, THERE'S FIRE PEOPLE.

2) Duff playing an entire tour, and Axl/Duff trying to get Izzy out for the Vegas show.

4) Leaked reports of the band potentially breaking up before the residency started.

5) This guy saying Axl's considering putting the band back together in private conversations.

1. hire another shredder. problem solved

2. and Izzy wont show up

3. this is just a rumour we never see/hear any evidence. Don't believe this horseshit. They maybe talking to it privately, but not in person

4. means jackshit, like the very other leaked reports. all of them turned out ot be false

5. This is just a commercial for the Hard Rock Café. Bullshit

In my ass, that's where the fire is

Edited by Crash Diet

2. and Izzy wont show up

3. this is just a rumour we never see/hear any evidence. Don't believe this horseshit. They maybe talking to it privately, but not in person

4. means jackshit, like the very other leaked reports. all of them turned out ot be false

Izzy will show up and is into it, that was put together on no notice. When you get 5-6 leaked reports all saying the exact same thing, typically something comes out of it. How is saying something untrue that would undoubtedly convince Axl to never return to the Hard Rock a good public relations idea?

And yes, I had taco bell for lunch as well :D!

The parts of the story I find confusing are this:

1) Why would high attendance for NuGNR convince him to put the old lineup back together?

2) Axl is completely out to lunch if he's using a Vegas residency for NuGNR to gauge the potential success of a reunion. Clearly that would be 100 sold out stadium shows, not 10 80% sold shows in a 2000 seat venue.

*The reason I'm believing this is true is because they're talking about it like it's no big deal. As if Axl just said it in passing and these guys didn't grasp the scope of it. The way it's quoted is just "yeah, it's so great that he's even thinking about the original lineup!" Not presented as some breaking news dreamt up out of left field report. If they knew what they were talking about this would be breaking news all over the internet right now, but clearly that wasn't the intent.

Edited by izzy92

Why not?

In some years its posible.

Bruce Dickinson returnet to Iron Maiden.

David Lee Roth returned to Van Halen.

Ozzy Osbourne returned to Black Sabbath.

Vince Neil returned to Motley Crue.

In Rock N Roll all is possible. I will dream with a original line up world tour.

I was just telling my wife the other day that there are two things I firmly believe we'll never see ever again: Axl and Slash performing together in anyway and the same goes for Jack & Meg White.

Axl and Jack would make some intriguing music. Apparently this was Axl at a jack white show.

axljackwhiteshow_04.jpg

• Like 1

Why not?

In Rock N Roll all is possible. I will dream with a original line up world tour.

Also, Pink Floyd @ Live 8. But despite all of those things, a GnR reunion isn't going to happen. The dynamics are entirely different. Let's say that by some divine intervention mixed with dark rituals from a high voodoo priest and someone collecting all the dragonballs Axl and Slash patch things up. That won't mean the road is clear. Slash is invested in his solo career and writing with Myles. Izzy still doesn't want to be in a stadium-sized rockband full-time. Not with GnR, not with VR and he won't want it now. Duff also has Loaded and all his other projects. And then there's Axl who has been trying to re-build Guns n' Roses with all the current guys. Do any of you think he'll happily kick them to the curb just because he's pals with Slash and Duff again? Re-uniting the original Guns n' Roses would destroy everything he's been trying to do since. And you can say all you want about Axl, but he's never been disloyal. He won't dump all those guys just because Slash and Duff would be available. Which, incidentally, they aren't.

if axl does a reunion i'll stop being a gnr fan. Integrity above all else

axl lost his integrity many years ago when he started using the name of a band that doesn't exist anymore.

That's funny, refusing to call it quits when the UYI lineup fell apart but stubbornly labouring on despite all the problems -- including those caused by his own shortcomings -- to continue with his vision of the band, speaks of integrity to me :shrugs:

• Like 2

Why not?

Also, Pink Floyd @ Live 8. But despite all of those things, a GnR reunion isn't going to happen. The dynamics are entirely different. Let's say that by some divine intervention mixed with dark rituals from a high voodoo priest and someone collecting all the dragonballs Axl and Slash patch things up. That won't mean the road is clear. Slash is invested in his solo career and writing with Myles. Izzy still doesn't want to be in a stadium-sized rockband full-time. Not with GnR, not with VR and he won't want it now. Duff also has Loaded and all his other projects. And then there's Axl who has been trying to re-build Guns n' Roses with all the current guys. Do any of you think he'll happily kick them to the curb just because he's pals with Slash and Duff again? Re-uniting the original Guns n' Roses would destroy everything he's been trying to do since. And you can say all you want about Axl, but he's never been disloyal. He won't dump all those guys just because Slash and Duff would be available. Which, incidentally, they aren't.

David Lee Roth spent years trying to prove that he WAS Van Halen and swallowed a reality pill before rejoining. Ozzy became bigger than Sabbath and still went back. When Alice Cooper reunited with his old band everyone was amazing and gracious, and it was actually the band that didn't want to tour, not him. He did the same thing (Take the band name, go solo) as Axl has. I don't buy the "destroy everything I've worked for" theory, because unless Axl's completely blind, he's digging a hole to China. You can work and work all you want, but unfortunately if hard work was the answer to taking a new lineup to the level of one of the greatest rock bands of all time, many, many more bands would still be successful. And really, let's be honest. Where's the hard work and "all the time I've spent building what we have"? A few tours? 4 new songs a show in a 3 hour set? One new album in 20 years? May as well just cut his losses now instead of sulking about how another 5 years have gone by in 5 years.

2. and Izzy wont show up

Izzy will show up and is into it, that was put together on no notice. When you get 5-6 leaked reports all saying the exact same thing, typically something comes out of it. How is saying something untrue that would undoubtedly convince Axl to never return to the Hard Rock a good public relations idea?

And yes, I had taco bell for lunch as well :D!

Umm what leaked report you mention exactly?

Like what a former poster, WFA does? (pretending to be Izzy on social media and spread false infomrations on this residency)

WFA is that you another alternate account?

Why not?

David Lee Roth spent years trying to prove that he WAS Van Halen and swallowed a reality pill before rejoining. Ozzy became bigger than Sabbath and still went back. When Alice Cooper reunited with his old band everyone was amazing and gracious, and it was actually the band that didn't want to tour, not him. He did the same thing (Take the band name, go solo) as Axl has. I don't buy the "destroy everything I've worked for" theory, because unless Axl's completely blind, he's digging a hole to China. You can work and work all you want, but unfortunately if hard work was the answer to taking a new lineup to the level of one of the greatest rock bands of all time, many, many more bands would still be successful. And really, let's be honest. Where's the hard work and "all the time I've spent building what we have"? A few tours? 4 new songs a show in a 3 hour set? One new album in 20 years? May as well just cut his losses now instead of sulking about how another 5 years have gone by in 5 years.

I'm trying not to mix up what I want and what I feel is realistic. I'm not going to dispute anything you said about productivity and pointlessly touring. I agree with all of that. But I don't think it's realistic that Axl will just dump all of them. I might wish he would, but I can't see it happening. Again - loyal. And yes it will destroy new-gnr entirely. One reunion gig and they'll never be even remotely accepted ever again imo.