GNR Women's discussion

Carlycosmos

1 minute ago, MillionsOfSpiders said:

He's definitely lost a lot of weight since I saw him at the beginning of June, he was a bit podgey then but he looks a lot less bloated now. I think he looks fine too, and he looks great when he smiles. 

His smile is what does it for me ;)

• Like 3

3 minutes ago, tiutso said:

the way some people hate older people for, well, getting older is very :shrugs:to me

Yeah same. It is what it is. They'll never look like in the 80s or 90s again. And with the exception of Izzy, I think they all aged surprisingly, even shockingly well actually.

Edited by Frey
  • Like 1

I think Axl looks great in the last pic. He's not fat at all, nor bloated. Of course, he'd look better with a smile on his face but don't forget he was there to have breakfast, not to take pictures. It's Axl after all, whatever he does, it will never be enough :wacko:

• Like 2

2 hours ago, Rocketqueen76 said:

Since when had Axl ever been known for his fashion sense? This is a man who wore biker shorts, hot pants, leggings, kilts, net shirts and catchers plates....and pulled it all off damn well.

Yeah, he always looked as if he went to the trift shop and randomly picked up clothes. And then put them all together on! :D 

The thing is, he was smocking hot back then so he could pull it off  easily;)

And Happy belated birthday to @MillionsOfSpiders and @Archtop! And Erin too! There's plenty of us here born in November (rain)! Coincidence that we all love GN'R?! I think not! :P

(mine is in exactly 10 days btw :devilshades:)

Edited by nn18
  • Like 1

26 minutes ago, tiutso said:

the way some people hate older people for, well, getting older is very :shrugs:to me

So much this. The obsession with youth and beauty these days is so sick and so very shallow. Expressing disgust and actual anger towards people because they don't look like young gods anymore is unbelievable. :facepalm:

• Like 4

39 minutes ago, Frey said:

Public persona or not, I really like how Slash always keeps his calm.

That's the way I'd deal with obnoxious journalists and papparazzi as well.

Make a sarcastic comment and let them stand in the rain or threaten to leave.

Also Slaxl people, please note that the number one topic Slash will get mad about (apart from people claiming he's an impostor who goes to gyms) is Axl :P

I liked yours instead ;)

Hah. Izzy already started showing signs of rapidly aging before that whole avocado business though.

I don't know why, but he looks a lot older than the other guys.

The difference between Steven (or even Slash) and Izzy is striking for example. He also looks a lot older than Axl and they're the same age.

Maybe it's a case of being "too healthy" as well. He supposedly runs a lot (even marathons, iirc) and shit like that will age you really fast and kill you sooner or later.

If its Me I probably like Axl (pissed off) or Izzy (running away) 

Axl rock Slash's world:P

5 minutes ago, Padme said:

Sure Axl is looking better and everyday, so healthy and so in great shape. That sock he is wearing over his head makes him the sexiest man alive

:rolleyes:

Except no one ever said these things. People only said he recently lost weight, is at a normal weight for a man his age, and looks normal or good for a man his age.

Which is all true more or less (the last point being arguably subjective, but most men in their mid 50s that I see look way worse than Axl).

20 hours ago, Archtop said:

Ahh, thank you. I was a proper fan girl back in the day, you know pictures on the bedroom wall, scrape book of newspaper clippings, it was bordering on obsession, I had seen them at wembley in the summer,

I remember an announcement was made on a local rock radio station on the 8th about Izzy leaving, the day of my 18th birthday, I was gutted and refused to go out and party that night. ha, ha so tragic! :facepalm: 

Not tragic. I think most people on here are obsessed to a greater or lesser degree. And this is when we're older, let alone 18...

• Like 2

2 hours ago, Andy14 said:

I think Axl looks great in the last pic. He's not fat at all, nor bloated. Of course, he'd look better with a smile on his face but don't forget he was there to have breakfast, not to take pictures. It's Axl after all, whatever he does, it will never be enough :wacko:

2 hours ago, tiutso said:

This. Axl looks perfectly alright for his age at the moment. I'd say pretty damn good even compared to 99% of other men his age. They all do. Aging is just a fact of life and they're not gonna escape it either.

And Axl's not fat at all. He's absolutely tiny when you stand next to him, both height-wise and also body mass wise. Certainly seemed tiny to me. That was in May. And since then he's lost quite a bit of weight, so I figure he's even tinier now.

Right now, Axl looks the best he's looked since 2006. In good shape, no ugly moustache, better clothes (for the most part...), etc. I can't complain too much.

On 6.11.2016 at 5:12 PM, Frey said:

Good point about the leaked emails. Those might not have been discussed back then and I think they aren't on the list. But now that it looks like they were actually legit, they deserve to be put on there. @Lumikki

Because yeah, "how to trick Axl". Urgh. I'd love to read that one. And Beta also went behind Axl's back with the whole Doug Goldstein thing that made Axl freak out enough to nearly fire her supposedly.

I will add

"Beta apparently writes emails with titles like "how to trick Axl" according to the leaked mails (which the Pitman debacle seems to indicate were true)."

and

"Beta and TB side and conspire with people like Doug Goldstein behind Axl's back."

to the great big list of shit TB have done <_<

Edited by Lumikki
  • Like 4