GNR Women's discussion

Carlycosmos

9 hours ago, beautifulanddamned said:

I Want My MTV: The Uncensored Story of the Music Video Revolution 

I really enjoyed it. Lots of gossip on all the bands and musical artists of the era.  There was a chapter on the worst video that ever aired on MTV- Billy Squier's Rock me Tonight that stands out as being sad and hilarious.

And I gotta stick up for the man here- I think Izzy aged the most graciously out of the AFD five. He didn't botox out and he is very thin which has a tendency to make your face look older. Even if he was onstage he wouldn't be attempting to rock a tank top that showed his man boobs or a tshirt with a woman in a trash can. His "prosperous mobster" look from 2012 was a great one- the button down, vest and hat all still called back to his younger stage image, but in an adult way. Honestly I think they all look pretty good, considering. But here's a palate cleanser:

tumblr_n3too3Ajdh1spxjgio1_400.gif

tumblr_n3too3Ajdh1spxjgio1_400.gif

Thanks for the book title! I'm going to check it out. 

4 hours ago, killuridols said:

Hi y'all :unsure:

Thank you for the mentions and messages I've got from all of you who care about me or were curious about my wherebouts these last 5 days. I've read most of it but haven't had the motivation, the will and the time to drag myself here and respond.

Why?

Well.... many reasons...... First, since I left Buenos Aires I've drawned myself into "post show depression". Unable to sleep, work or come back to my sad life routine, after having the TIME OF MY LIFE with my favorite band and people that I met. Can't stop thinking about how amazing all of it was: not only both shows but all the extra perks I've got from it. Spent 4 days doing nothing but Guns N' Roses and the occassional city tour, plus going to Axl's hotel every single night to hang out with other fans and wait for the miracle of having Axl come down to say hello. Unfortunately, it didn't happen and I don't know why..... Duff and Slash acted the same so I guess it must have been a common decision to not get involved with Argentinian fans, probably knowing how crazy and desperate we are.

While I was there I took a little time to communicate with @Andy14 and @Lumikki to let them know I was alright and share some things. I really never had time to come to this forum and read long threads because my life was pretty wild: running everywhere all the time, hardly eating or sleeping, going back and forth from the band hotel or Axl's, getting ready for the show, going to the show, going out with friends, etc.

I checked the shows threads and got pissed off at some things written over there so that also delayed my returning to this place.

So I don't even know what to post here because although my purpose was initially to just go to the shows and do a little tourism, some unexpected things happened to me, like meeting people from GN'R camp. In that regard, I don't think I will reveal much because I want to keep it for myself and protect some friends who went even further than I did. Everything was too crazy to be true and I'm still shocked about every second of my days over there.

There are a couple things I want to address, which are the ones that come to my mind first and later, if you've got questions you can ask me so I'll dissect it in pieces to not mix up stuff...

1) THE SHOWS:

I may lose all objectivity when it comes to this but I can't help it because there's no other way for me to go through this. In my opinion and from my experience, these shows were THE BEST from the SA tour so far.

Don't give a damn if the peruvians or chileans get mad at me: I know I was at the best shows ever with Argentina. Best. Crowd. Ever.

Sound, lights, effects, videos and performance was just great. I have no complains about any of it but now I know why people who watch it from Periscopes get so picky about it and why when you are there everything looks and sounds so different. Well, it's because there's no comparison with actually being at the show: when you are there you're not alone at home like with Periscope; you're sharing the experience with thousands of people in a stadium, smelling all kind of flavors, jumping, dancing, screaming at the top of your lungs, sweating, fighting for your life and basically getting involved. When you watch it through Periscope you contribute nothing to the show, you're just an observer of something that's being broadcasted but you add nothing to it. And shows are what their audience are.... and the band responds to that too. They do not get feedback from Periscopers but from the people at the venue letting them know if they are enjoying it or not.

Yes, you do notice technical imperfections but they never last that long as for you to think the show totally sucks over them. Yes, Axl does sing with a clean voice MOST of the time but it ain't no Mickey. He uses rasps when he feels like it and when he wants to impress you with his vocal abilities he will go lenghts for it (i.e. "This I Love" or "KOHD") making people look at each other and say "wow" when he's done.

November 4th show had much more adrenaline than Nov. 5th and the whole band made several mistakes. I heard some out-of-tune guitars or Axl getting confused with lyrics, losing the tempos briefly but nothing, really, nothing to go around in circles screaming "omg he sucks so much, he's sick and shouldn't be doing these shows!!". That's a total exaggeration and overly dramatic. He's fine, he recovers quickly and the rest of the guys too. In the end, this is a live show and making mistakes is proof of them playing live and showing their talent, instead of using pre-recorded tracks and fake stuff like so many other "artists" do.

Second show was better, technically speaking, I didn't notice any failure except for the screens on the side of stage sometimes going frozen or showing errors. Axl sang like the god he is, bragging about his potential with the KOHD improvisation he does or the whole "This I Love", which never sounded better in my ears (even though it is a song that I dont like).

Both days Axl was in a great mood, smiling all the time, talking, making jokes, thanking us for the warm welcome and how the country was treating them in such a long stay.

The highest point of both nights was the appearance of Steven Adler, first night wearing a Queen blue shirt and second night, the Argentina soccer team jersey. People chanted his name and sang popular soccer songs using his name instead. He seemed happy and very emotional from all the love he was getting. Very humble and laid back, he did his best and everybody was satisfied. Personally, I would have loved that he would play one more song each night but I guess that's just too much to ask for.

Slash was from another planet.... He seemed extra happy doing that circle thing in "Coma", which drove everybody out of their minds. I feel like they get so motivated to play those chords when they hear the people even singing the music, not just the lyrics. His solos were top notch as usual. I have not much to comment because Slash just does it everything right.

Duff was the sweetest thing :heart:.... I can't thank him enough for staying HOURS in our side of stage!!! He came really close to me and everybody else several times and stayed forever, smiling, jumping, cheerleading us :lol:, giving out picks and going by the rythm of the audience.

2) AXL IS GODDAMN BEAUTIFUL

This is the other thing I've read here that pissed me off enough to come out of my shell and deliver the truth.

Girls... and guys... Axl is ABSOLUTELY pretty. I saw him with my own fucking eyes and I have PROOF of it because I was there, pretty close to stage and I could see the skin of his face and what he really looks like.

First of all, yes, he's a 54 year old man.... I won't come here trying to convince you he looks 25.... BUT.... I have not met any other 54 years old man that looks SO FUCKING FINE as Axl does. His skin is smooth and not red, not wrinkled and his features are still intact. His nose and face angles are still the same. Not bloated AT ALL.

He's sooooooo pretty I couldn't fuckin' believe it. And another VERY important thing: AXL IS NOT FAT. Please stop that bullshit!

I saw him. He's veeeeeery tiny, very small and skinny. He's so tiny that it made me cry :cry:

Also in a great mood, he came oftenly to our side and played with us, giving out smiles and making funny faces all the time..... He's got all the women gone crazy for him. Everytime he came close I was happy but people went totally nuts and pushed me, so it was hard to make a lot of videos (plus I wanted to save things in my head instead of cellphone) but I've got them.

Girls were talking about how handsome he is and they would scream and cry from just seeing him get near the borders of stage. He's a total winner with the female fans and no one can take that away from him, no matter what some of you think about his looks. For a middle-age man, he looks exceptionally good, because that man is PRETTY in the face and I won't accept discussions over this. I have seen it with my own eyes and I encourage you to please get the best tickets you can get for when GN'R hits your town. Go there and watch his fucking mug for yourself, then come back and try to tell me he's not good looking anymore.

3) ARGENTINA SHOWS STARTING LATE AND VIOLENCE

I've been told people here are still blaming Axl for the shows in Argentina starting too late, in comparison to the show times during the US leg of the tour so I'll address that....

Neither occassion was because of Axl.... First night, on the 4th, we had some terrible unfortunate event that is the real reason behind the 45 minutes delay and that is the breaking of the contention bar that divided VIP GA from regular GA. People pushed it so much they broke it and could get in to the VIP zone until security realized about it and went trying to stop it.

I must say I'm glad this didn't happen on the side I was or else I would have freaked out. But I heard people commenting how they got really scared when they saw that horde of people entering the VIP zone like wild mad horses. Can't believe no one ended up injured after that, otherwise we would be talking about first GN'R reunion show cancelled by now :unsure:.

Truth is the whole atmosphere that day was NUTS. People were soooo crazy, excited, euphoric, hysterical for seeing this band that they lost control and made that mistake. Also, I saw lots of drunk people, drugged, I smelled marihuana everywhere and last but not least, dehydrated people, starving of hours without food.... but all in all, the exciment was just surreal and it probably translated to the show in form of aggression, insults, pushes and plain fights.

Second night, most people arrived late. It was hard to get in the stadium, lots of cars, buses, and it was hot as hell.

----------

ok, I don't want to make this post much longer because it will become boring so my present for all of you are these little videos I made, to show you my spot, that I tried to keep for most part of the show, but after an 1 hour and a half I was already fighting my own sickness, feeling dizzy and weird, I had to get out of the crowd to catch some fresh air and then try to return to my place, which was not easy at all.

At some point, during "Nightrain", a wave of crazy and violent guys came from behind and smashed us all, causing Axl and Slash to stop the song and ask people to step back. That was so cool of them because it was really something shitty those people did. I was recovering from my discomfort when they pulled that shit out of nowhere. So thank you Axl and Slash for saving our lives! rock3

Hope you enjoy my vids!

Thank you so much for sharing your detailed account of the gig and your videos. Sound and image quality are excellent. The Axl is Beautiful camp shall prevail :headbang:

Hope your post-gig recovery is going ok.

• Like 2

1 minute ago, Rocketqueen76 said:

As a woman in the Military, this scares the hell out of me. I and mentally preparing for the war that is soon to start. We really got it wrong this time.

Pretty soon he'll have those nuclear codes in his hands, I don't know what to think. I come from a country that just loves to join in with any war going :( or start them :ph34r:

Lets hope they don't need to call you into action, brave lady. 

• Like 3

9 hours ago, Jane M. said:

LMAO!!!:rofl-lol:

You see? Slaxl owns this thread.

Let me repost your masterpiece:

LOLOLOLOLOLOL

They may own the thread, but I'm also up for discussing Axl and Izzy's hypothetical love children, if anyone feels the need to :P

Little dark-haired Axls. Tiny gingers with improved fashion sense.

7 hours ago, Blackstar said:

There are also pics of Duff and Sorum at the same workplace. They all must be from the pre-VR period.

This picture is such a mindfuck. It's like looking at both old and young Duff at once.

His face, hair and clothes mostly look like young Duff, but you can see traces of old Duff in his face, his body is old Duff's, the jeans are not 80s enough looking....

Really hot though :wub:

@Frey The crazy guy apparently kept asking Duff if Kurt was depressed on the flight when he sat next to him and shit like that.

• Like 1

At least if somethings happens, We can depend Axl N' Izzy with Their security N' weapons

So Izzy (with His guns), Slash, Steven N' Duff can stay in Axl house

*I forgot who said tht before about Axl called this Guy/Women tht related to GN'R before to stay in His house when L.A riot

7 hours ago, MillionsOfSpiders said:

IMG_2174.JPG

wolves and Harley's!! On Axl!! :wub:

I love motorbikes haha 

He is soooo fine in that tshirt, oh my God :drool:

6 hours ago, cheesecake said:

Thanks so much @killuridols :hug: for the detailed review, really appreciate it. :heart:

Though I wish you could have hinted on what went down between your group of friends and the camp, I understand your wanting to protect your friends from the judgement of the public. I just hope it was nothing off-putting. 

Happy that you had a blast of experiences from the shows you attended, too bad you did not get to grab his ass for all of us LOL 

Oh yeah I'm not thrilled Trump won.

No, not at all. We were all together but also separated at times and each one made decisions the other may not like but everyone got what they were looking for. The only thing none of us got was a pic with either Axl, Slash or Duff..... but I guess no one did while in Arg, so that's some kind of consolation, lol.

His ass is up there for exposure to the masses. When he's off stage he takes extra precautions :P

And yeah, I'm sorry Trump won. I still don't believe it. I think it is a joke.. :unsure:

5 hours ago, cheesecake said:

Melania is now FLOTUS. :facepalm::bitchfight:

Btw @killuridols very very very nice vids you shot there, I always appreciate clear vids. are those shot from phone or digicam?

Thank you! I know what you mean, I was worried about this too because I wanted my memories to be fucking great.

That is my brand new smartphone, the Samsung A5 :heart:

• Like 1

14 minutes ago, killuridols said:

He is soooo fine in that tshirt, oh my God :drool:

No, not at all. We were all together but also separated at times and each one made decisions the other may not like but everyone got what they were looking for. The only thing none of us got was a pic with either Axl, Slash or Duff..... but I guess no one did while in Arg, so that's some kind of consolation, lol.

His ass is up there for exposure to the masses. When he's off stage he takes extra precautions :P

And yeah, I'm sorry Trump won. I still don't believe it. I think it is a joke.. :unsure:

Thank you! I know what you mean, I was worried about this too because I wanted my memories to be fucking great.

That is my brand new smartphone, the Samsung A5 :heart:

A5 you say? What's the spec like for the cam? (too lazy to google). 

I own a J7, downgraded from my very old S3 that suddenly decided it doesn't want to cooperate with the charger anymore so it burned its own charging port while everything else inside is A-OK. But I don't think my J7 produces shots as clear as yours does.

11 minutes ago, cheesecake said:

A5 you say? What's the spec like for the cam? (too lazy to google). 

I own a J7, downgraded from my very old S3 that suddenly decided it doesn't want to cooperate with the charger anymore so it burned its own charging port while everything else inside is A-OK. But I don't think my J7 produces shots as clear as yours does.

I have no idea and I'm lazy to look for it so here it is: http://www.gsmarena.com/samsung_galaxy_a5_(2016)-7789.php

This is my first Samsung since I've always owned Apple. Never thought the camera would be so amazing, especially at night.

Edited by killuridols

6 minutes ago, killuridols said:

I have no idea and I'm lazy to look for it so here it is: http://www.gsmarena.com/samsung_galaxy_a5_(2016)-7789.php

This is my first Samsung since I've always owned Apple. Never thought the camera would be so amazing, especially at night.

Seems like the specs are similar, so maybe the user behind it makes the difference ha ha. 

I've always owned a Samsung, I've always vowed to change to a different brand when the current one acted up, but always went back buying Korea. LOL. 

I don't like Apple. My mom owns Iphone 5 and I hate it whenever I had to use it. But I think it has to do with me being more familiar using Android more than anything.

@money honey and others, could you guys please use the multi-quote function (the plus symbol next to the quote button) and reply to everyone you want to reply to in one or two posts? 

Replying to everything with tons of single posts makes the thread move even faster, and it's already hard to keep up with this thread as it is. Tagging people instead of quoting works well too.

I know @killuridols or someone else already said that at some point, but with so many new people here I think it's worth repeating.

5 hours ago, Italian girl said:

btw, I don't like who says: I know, but I can't tell you.

don't say anything at all.

Seriously?! That was probably the best review of these shows I've seen here and that's what you people get hung up about? She said no one met Axl, Slash or Duff, so you're probably not missing out on any juicy gossip or whatever. Do you really care that much if her friends met Del James or Duff's bass tech? (Random examples I pulled out of my ass, I have no idea what @killuridols was talking about).

Edited by Frey

36 minutes ago, cheesecake said:

Seems like the specs are similar, so maybe the user behind it makes the difference ha ha. 

I've always owned a Samsung, I've always vowed to change to a different brand when the current one acted up, but always went back buying Korea. LOL. 

I don't like Apple. My mom owns Iphone 5 and I hate it whenever I had to use it. But I think it has to do with me being more familiar using Android more than anything.

Um. Lol. Maybe :lol:

Im pretty good at taking pictures and making videos. Perhaps because I have studies on that. My friends always ask me to take pics of them, I make them look fabulous :ph34r:

The passage from Apple to Android was hard, I hated it at first and I'm still not used to it. I think all Apple devices are perfect in every sense and very easy to use, much more than Android but I learned this one quickly because I had to.