Jump to content
Wagszilla

Nintendo Switch

Recommended Posts

58 minutes ago, action said:

by mario's moustache. i nearly got Doom today. it was so close i could smell it. hear my story.

so i was bored at work and i was browsing the net, and i decided to google "buy doom switch", and sure enough in the search results my local gameshop popped up and it mentioned "doom - in stock". Now you should know, this is a rather shitty store that always asks 10 dollars above factory price, and their website isn't always accurate. many times, with new games, the google result shows "in stock" but when you click the link, it says "not available" on the store's website. probably to gather traffic, but i digress.

i know from experience, this shop gets new games a couple of days before the street date, but they arent allowed to sell before that date.

what's interesting for crooks like myself, is the store clercks aren't the brightest people in the world. so that's when i came up with a cunning little plan. i called the store, and i went "i see your website sez doom-in stock so i wondered if you have it in store and if i can come and get it". the guys goes "oh yeah that game was delivered today, i have a bunch of them behind my desk". so i say "splendid. could you put one aside for me, i'll come and get it in about 10 minutes". "sure", the clerck says.

being a bit caught off guard by the clerck's ignorance, i quickly grabbed my coat, pumped with adrenaline. i have a half day off work and it would be a bliss spending it with the newest switch sensation. but, you guessed it, i was about to leave my office and the clerck calls me back "sorry to bother you mister, but i asked around here and we can't sell the game to you before tomorrow." I go "oh, too bad. strange that your website says in stock then, but ok". it was of no use. the clerck was now on his guard and i was caught out.

damn, man. i had it in my hand. fuck! :facepalm:

Shitty store? You're talking about Gamestop/EB. aren't you?

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
32 minutes ago, Oldest Goat said:

Shitty store? You're talking about Gamestop/EB. aren't you?

:lol: good call.

no; i'm talking about "game mania", it's a belgian chain, comparable to gamestop in their practises. overcharging on games, pre-payment with preorders etc. also, the employees are typical gamestore breed: ignorant, arrogant and nintendophobe. but it's the only gamestore in my neighbourhood, so i guess i'll have to put up with them ;)

Edited by action

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
17 minutes ago, action said:

:lol: good call.

no; i'm talking about "game mania", it's a belgian chain, comparable to gamestop in their practises. overcharging on games, pre-payment with preorders etc. also, the employees are typical gamestore breed: ignorant, arrogant and nintendophobe. but it's the only gamestore in my neighbourhood, so i guess i'll have to put up with them ;)

The last time I was in a EB Games this great big fat guy tried selling me a used game for full fucking price - and then he farted. I'm talking "did something just die?" levels of stink. He awkwardly slinked away lol.

I've never returned.

  • Haha 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
26 minutes ago, Oldest Goat said:

I want you to give me your friend code, but you won't.

 

Shit! I'm sorry! I'm away from home today and don't have my Switch with me. I till try to remember to post it some time later today when I get back home.

  • GNFNR 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4 hours ago, Oldest Goat said:

The last time I was in a EB Games this great big fat guy tried selling me a used game for full fucking price - and then he farted. I'm talking "did something just die?" levels of stink. He awkwardly slinked away lol.

I've never returned.

Jesus, is EB Games even still around? Here in the states they’ve been Defunct for a while.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
11 minutes ago, AxlRoseCDII said:

Jesus, is EB Games even still around? Here in the states they’ve been Defunct for a while.

Yeah, surprisingly.

For all my gaming needs I shop at nzgameshop.com or mightyape.co.nz They're my favourite stores on the citadel.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Oldest Goat said:

Yeah, surprisingly.

For all my gaming needs I shop at nzgameshop.com or mightyape.co.nz They're my favourite stores on the citadel.

I have Best Buy’s Gamers Club Unlocked so I shop there. 20% off all games new (meaning 48 US dollars for a day one game as opposed to 60) with a ton of additional benefits. Plus Best Buy does some great things to get you in the stores, I got a Mario Odyssey poster and a Mario Odyssey Coin for attending the midnight launch :) 

  • GNFNR 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

doom on the switch is a fantastic experience. Already had some good times during lunchbreak with it. for me, it runs butter smooth. All the tech talk goes a bit above my head, but all i can say it's a blast to play. the best FPS in more than a decade. and there is an arcade mode that lets you replay each level to wreak as much havoc as possible and get points for it. brilliant.

I am also happy to note, that i have encountered absolutely no story whatsoever to detract from the action. i didnt think that would be possible in this day and age. Doom is a big "fuck off" to cinematic first person shooters. I'm highly entertained.

  • GNFNR 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
5 hours ago, action said:

doom on the switch is a fantastic experience. Already had some good times during lunchbreak with it. for me, it runs butter smooth. All the tech talk goes a bit above my head, but all i can say it's a blast to play. the best FPS in more than a decade. and there is an arcade mode that lets you replay each level to wreak as much havoc as possible and get points for it. brilliant.

I am also happy to note, that i have encountered absolutely no story whatsoever to detract from the action. i didnt think that would be possible in this day and age. Doom is a big "fuck off" to cinematic first person shooters. I'm highly entertained.

Let us know how you find the multiplayer, assuming you have a microSD card.

Edited by Oldest Goat
  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 minutes ago, Oldest Goat said:

Let us know how you find the multiplayer, assuming you have a microSD card.

the multiplayer sucks, reportedly. i'm not going to waste 9gb on it. my priorities lay elsewhere. i refuse to buy an SD card out of principle, since i have chose to go the physical route. i'm needing all the space for the future virtual console and digital only stuff like yooka laylee

for my multiplayer shooter needs, there is splatoon 2 which, frankly, is the best goddamn multiplayer shooter ever :headbang:

  • GNFNR 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, action said:

the multiplayer sucks, reportedly. i'm not going to waste 9gb on it. my priorities lay elsewhere. i refuse to buy an SD card out of principle, since i have chose to go the physical route. i'm needing all the space for the future virtual console and digital only stuff like yooka laylee

for my multiplayer shooter needs, there is splatoon 2 which, frankly, is the best goddamn multiplayer shooter ever :headbang:

Fair enough. We'll need SD cards eventually, unfortunately.

Yeah Splatoon 2 is brilliant, we still need to play together sometime.

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now


  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.

×