Nintendo Switch

Gnrfan2001

51 minutes ago, Iron MikeyJ said:

Boo!!! I don't do RPG'S I need more action. I like action RPG'S though.

action is my middle name

36 minutes ago, Iron MikeyJ said:

Payday 2 was the game.

goddamn sure it was.

already 25 hours in, and only just scratched the surface.

• Like 1

27 minutes ago, Oldest Goat said:

One of many games I need. Should I prioritize this over DOOM and L.A. Noire?

it is definately better than doom, in terms of humour, gameplay, fun, music, replayability.... well everything basically. i guess the graphics of doom are better.

as for LA noire, i have never played that game. i heard it is incredibly restricted. can't shoot whenever you want, that kind of stuff. that's a big no-no to me. typical sony nonsense, i'm sure @Iron MikeyJ will approve

Edited by action
  • Haha 1

2 hours ago, Oldest Goat said:

One of many games I need. Should I prioritize this over DOOM and L.A. Noire?

Both of those games are quality tbh but totally different experiences, depends what you're looking for? I have to admit I've never played Payday 2.

I was so gung ho about the Switch when it was released. I played the new Zelda and Mario briefly on my friend's and they were awesome. The system felt great, too. However, in typical Nintendo fashion I have to ask- are there going to be games?

Not last-gen remakes and ports, but actual legit Nintendo games and third party support? Its only been out a year, but I can't find much on the horizon aside from a new Metroid Prime. I am still interested in it but won't pay $300 for 2-3 games. 

Also any word on stuff like Netflix, Hulu, Youtube, and a NES-WiiU archive? 

Edited by ZoSoRose
  • Like 1

10 hours ago, ZoSoRose said:

I was so gung ho about the Switch when it was released. I played the new Zelda and Mario briefly on my friend's and they were awesome. The system felt great, too. However, in typical Nintendo fashion I have to ask- are there going to be games?

Not last-gen remakes and ports, but actual legit Nintendo games and third party support? Its only been out a year, but I can't find much on the horizon aside from a new Metroid Prime. I am still interested in it but won't pay $300 for 2-3 games. 

Also any word on stuff like Netflix, Hulu, Youtube, and a NES-WiiU archive? 

i can't answer that one, ZoSo. My last console before this was the PS3, and i stopped buying new games for it, somewhere around 2012. I have been in a gaming slumber until march 3rd, 2017 when the brilliant switch was released. I'm still retired of modern day games, but the switch makes that retirement so much more fun

This comes, partly because of desillusionment with the state of the gaming industry, which increasingly relied on cinematic experiences, and just a lack of time to play games (wife owns the television where i live). The latter problem has been solved by the switch, due to tabletop mode. I can have the full console experience with pro controller on the go. The first is equally important, and in that regard the switch offers plenty of fun. It is of my understanding that nintendo cherry picks the best games of the last generation to be released on the switch. Skyrim, Doom, fucking payday 2, resident evil revelations.... all games which are relatively recent (from my standpoint) who focus on fun and gameplay first.

You won't find the latest EA, activision Bro-shooter loaded with microtransactions on the switch. install base too small yet, and the nintendo public doesnt take kindly to that microtransactions shit. Equally, you wont find the large, epic, 100 gb cinematic experiences. Thankfully, switch cardridges are too small to hold all of that nonsense.

who is the switch for? well, until further notice, that would be parents, married men who like to play a game or two here and there, and people who want the cream of the crop of older games.

3 hours ago, Oldest Goat said:

There's a Nintendo Direct tomorrow so hopefully they give word on these things then.

There are games on the horizon. The one I am most hyped for is the new Pokemon. That. Will. Be. Fucking. So. Like. Totally. Lit.

who would have thought a balding tupperware seller was the theme singer.

thanks Oldest Goat. that's my vision of Ash singing the pokemon theme shattered :P 

I am going to raise my expectations and believe this will be a new Smash Bros. and not a port. Can't wait to play it.

I am going to buy the treasure hunting game with Toad too. I know it's a port, and I know I am fundamentally against them, but didn't buy the original. 

Treasure hunting with Toad was a great side game in Super Mario 3D World. 

• Like 1

8 minutes ago, Oldest Goat said:

It's not a new Smash Bros. It has 4 in the title. BUT it's very likely there will be new content and there are rumours they're upgrading/enhancing it, so it's not just simply a port.

Yeah Toad Treasure Tracker looks cool. Basically everything they showed is a must buy. Okami HD looks cool.

Where? I have watched the trailer twice and haven't seen 4.

another game on the wishlist. captain toad. here we have a game that won't make you the coolest guy at school, but damn does it have charm and playability. one of those games that barely got me to buy a WiiU, but that stupid gamepad and the variety of controllers always put me off buying a WiiU. I'm happy that i can finally experience this charming game.

as for the other games, seeing how crash sold like crazy on the PS4, it will definately help to sell systems. I wont buy it myself, but i see this as a welcome positive injection to the nintendo switch.

now, all we really need is a starfox zero port.

16 hours ago, action said:

but that stupid gamepad and the variety of controllers always put me off buying a WiiU.

The gamepad is really good, mate and I wasn't sure at all whether I'd like it. When you've actually got one in your hands it's surprisingly comfortable. I'm still going to pick up a Pro controller as well, though, mainly to save on wear and tear of the gamepad.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, bucketfoot said:

The gamepad is really good, mate and I wasn't sure at all whether I'd like it. When you've actually got one in your hands it's surprisingly comfortable. I'm still going to pick up a Pro controller as well, though, mainly to save on wear and tear of the gamepad.

be wary though the pro pad doesnt work on all games. unbelievable, but true. starfox for example.

they had one job :facepalm:

• Like 1

Just picked up a Switch tonight. Got a bonus at work and decided to get it as a late birthday present for my son. Only picked up MARIO Odyssey so far. Got it for $125 at GameStop because I traded in some Xbox One and DS games and a few older DS consoles. 

• GNFNR 1

2 hours ago, luciusfunk said:

Just picked up a Switch tonight. Got a bonus at work and decided to get it as a late birthday present for my son. Only picked up MARIO Odyssey so far. Got it for $125 at GameStop because I traded in some Xbox One and DS games and a few older DS consoles. 

you're in for a treat. play this co-op with your son, perfect bonding

I have been researching what's the deal with the virtual console, and the consensus seems to be that it's done. They are saving until Sony or Microsoft makes some headlines, then Nintendo is going to drop it to steal the thunder. While it's a tad bit activating , it's a smart tactile move. My daughter wants Majora's Mask, so we are going to get it for her on the DS. But I just know it'll be on the Switch before too long. So I'll prolly have to buy it twice. Oh well.

Edited by Iron MikeyJ
  • Like 1