If That Ain't Country

Fitha_whiskey

8 minutes ago, Fitha_whiskey said:

Got me a Four Horsemen album- Rockin is ma Business (business is good... :lol:)... 

Hell yeah. Nobody Said It Was Easy is a tour de force album. They could rock but also be the smoothest motherfuckers around. Had that Lynyrd Skynyrd filtered through AC/DC sound. They did an unreleased album called "Daylight Again" that is very country sounding. It's a shame they had so many personal problems with Ken "Dimwit" Montgomery (drums) and Frank C Starr (vocals) both dying. Potential to be huge but it was the wrong plave at the wrong time.,

4 minutes ago, Fitha_whiskey said:

I’m sure you’ve all heard it once or twice, but here’s part 2....

Oh hell yeah. Very VERY familiar with DAC. Back in the day I used to karaoke You Never Called Me By My Name. Do you have his 2 underground albums? Those are very fucked up and very much not PC.

3 minutes ago, Jabberwocky said:

Oh hell yeah. Very VERY familiar with DAC. Back in the day I used to karaoke You Never Called Me By My Name. Do you have his 2 underground albums? Those are very fucked up and very much not PC.

You Never Even Called Me By My Name on a bar jukebox- that’s fuckin country. That’s how I first heard DAC too. But I grew up with country music in my house. Yes I’ve heard those albums and I am not at all a fan of that shit. But I made this thread, and the song it’s named after has a dubious lyric. If that ain’t country, i’ll kiss your ass... 

• 3 weeks later...
  • 2 months later...
  • 1 month later...
54 minutes ago, Jabberwocky said:

Foddershock - "Die In Jail"

This was a cousins of mines band. He sang and did all of the instruments. AcousticAppalachianDysfunctionalFolkRock

Wow that’s hard core man. But good stuff. I love metaphors, and one of my favorites is “darker than a whore’s heart”, and that shit is dark man... that’s country... :lol:

22 minutes ago, Fitha_whiskey said:

I’ve said it before and I’ll say it again. I can’t play guitar worth a fuck but I’m gonna buy me a Telecaster tobacco burst with a white pick guard and twang me out some Merle... 

Very cool.😄  Later in his career Merle used a model that he helped design that had the neck extending down about halfway into the body.  It was also expanded outward, gave it a lot more stability.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, lame ass security said:

Very cool.😄  Later in his career Merle used a model that he helped design that had the neck extending down about halfway into the body.  It was also expanded outward, gave it a lot more stability.

That’s cool man. Where do you get that info if I may be so inclined?