If That Ain't Country

Fitha_whiskey

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Well this festival that GnR is playing uses the name Austin City Limits. Back when I was a kid, it was a TV show (still exists but it’s different than it was) on PBS. I remember my parents watching it and it had a big influence on me. I was only 4 when this was aired, but here’s something from the first episode. 

12 minutes ago, Fitha_whiskey said:

Well this festival that GnR is playing uses the name Austin City Limits. Back when I was a kid, it was a TV show (still exists but it’s different than it was) on PBS. I remember my parents watching it and it had a big influence on me. I was only 4 when this was aired, but here’s something from the first episode. 

I watched the Ken Burns country music doc last week and they showed a clip from this show. Very cool stuff.  

21 minutes ago, lame ass security said:

Yeah, the only part I caught was the outlaw segment. Hopefully it will be on again so I can watch the rest.

The episode that ended with old Hank dying was pretty amazing to think about. 29, died in the back of Cadillac on New Years Day on the way to a show. Something about the way the whole story he told up to that point... man that was fuckin something 

• Like 1

14 minutes ago, Fitha_whiskey said:

I love how this song runs thru the entire Ken Burns documentary... great song

Yeah, classic stuff.  Did you see the part where George Jones was recording He Stopped Loving her Today?  He was having problems with the melody but finally got it.  He told the producer "well, you've got your song but nobody is gonna buy that morbid son of a bitch." The ole possum was definitely wrong, lol.

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...