Guns n' Roses "small catalogue" is a myth

2 hours ago, DieselDaisy said:

The way he discusses CD2, I'd tend to agree.

It's not just CD2 though. What is truly alarming about his internet behavior and posts in general, is that he seems to peacefully accept and live with Axl's brutally tiny musical output and even enjoys what he got! Something is very wrong here. Frankly, I'm sorry for him, it's sad.

Edited by Rovim

1 hour ago, Rovim said:

It's not just CD2 though. What is truly alarming about his internet behavior and posts in general, is that he seems to peacefully accept and live with Axl's brutally tiny musical output and even enjoy what he got! Something is very wrong here. Frankly, I'm sorry for him, it's sad.

Big things come in small packages, Holla!

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Rovim said:

It's not just CD2 though. What is truly alarming about his internet behavior and posts in general, is that he seems to peacefully accept and live with Axl's brutally tiny musical output and even enjoy what he got! Something is very wrong here. Frankly, I'm sorry for him, it's sad.

I agree... I mean, like, you know, totally. He should follow your example. You're rarely here, you only make sensible posts, you never get caught up in irrational discussions on here in which you write complete essays and totally lose sight of the point you think you have, and you enrich all of us with your very sporadic post behaviour.

• Like 2

5 minutes ago, EvanG said:

I agree... I mean, like, you know, totally. He should follow your example. You're rarely here, you only make sensible posts, you never get caught up in irrational discussions on here in which you write complete essays and totally lose sight of the point you think you have, and you enrich all of us with your very sporadic post behaviour.

Can you really blame me for being this way though? I'm a small catalog survivor. Got some battle scars. I'm half the man I used to be.

Edited by Rovim

Just now, Rovim said:

Can you blame me though? I'm a small catalog survivor. Got some battle scars. I'm half the man I used to be.

I doubt you have ever been a man. You can hide behind that George Harrison avatar as much as you want, but we all know you're a 12 year old boy or girl, and that's probably why you have so much free time to post here every minute of the day.

6 minutes ago, EvanG said:

I doubt you have ever been a man. You can hide behind that George Harrison avatar as much as you want, but we all know you're a 12 year old boy or girl, and that's probably why you have so much free time to post here every minute of the day.

If you don't stop disrespecting me like this I'm gonna tell my dad you've sent me pics of your junk EvanG. I've got 3 words for you: registered sex offender.

Edited by Rovim

Just now, Rovim said:

If you don't stop disrespecting me like this I'm gonna tell my dad you've sent me pics of your junk EvanG. I've got 3 words for you: registered  sex offender.

Oh come on, I only gave them because you kept begging... you know you wanted to see them. Very unfair!

1 minute ago, Rovim said:

I'm only 12 years old you sick fuck.

Dude, me too... don't act like you don't know that. You even complimented me on its size seeing as I'm only 12.

I think this thread needs to get back on topic right now because I'm, like, totally upset.

9 hours ago, DieselDaisy said:

Beaten up house wife syndrome. No matter how much he knocks her around, she returns and even finds things to praise about him.

Sadly - you aren't joking.  Your description is spot on. 

Saying that you are glad your favorite artist rarely releases music. They really can't feel this way. And if Axl suddenly started opening his vault and releasing tons of music....would these same posters be complaining and bashing him for it?

No. They would praise him for being fan friendly and caring about his fans. 

Lol. Kind of how they hated Slash for the last 20 years. But when he rejoined GnR then all of a sudden it was nothing but positive statements about him. And claims that they never trash talked him. It's been hilarious to watch. 

• Like 1

10 minutes ago, Apollo said:

Saying that you are glad your favorite artist rarely releases music. They really can't feel this way. And if Axl suddenly started opening his vault and releasing tons of music....would these same posters be complaining and bashing him for it?

Lol. Kind of how they hated Slash for the last 20 years. But when he rejoined GnR then all of a sudden it was nothing but positive statements about him. And claims that they never trash talked him. It's been hilarious to watch. 

Who is "they"? hated Slash? what kind of Guns fan hates Slash? please clarify. On the off chance you mean me, please show me where I've said or insinuated I hate Slash.

Edited by Rovim

4 hours ago, Rovim said:

It's not just CD2 though. What is truly alarming about his internet behavior and posts in general, is that he seems to peacefully accept and live with Axl's brutally tiny musical output and even enjoys what he got! Something is very wrong here. Frankly, I'm sorry for him, it's sad.

So the real real crux here is whether or not people are happy or satisfied with how Axl has ran GnR for the last 20 years. 

All of us can agree that Appetite/Lies/Illusions were amazing. And we all enjoy those albums to the 79th degree. And a portion of us love CD. I still listen to parts of it a couple times a week. 

The big difference is guys like Wasted and a few others are actually PRAISING Axl for not sharing his music with his fans. Music that he (or his people) have continually talked about being finished and that he was going to share with his fans. 

Whereas other diehard fans of Axl wish he would keep his word and share all that music with his fans. 

Axl Rose - one album in the last 20 years. 

Me - that sucks. Axl is my favorite singer. I love hearing new music from my favorite artists. I will gladly  pay $16 for a new Axl Rose album - even if it was once a year for twenty years. 

Wasted - I admire Axl for not releasing more music. I respect him for not trying to milk his fans for money by releasing albums. 

I love GnR music. Even the deep cuts and not the hits, I understand that some fans just like the hits. I guess the final difference between me and a lot of fans on here is that I have faith in Axl's talent and ability to crest quality music. By saying quality over quantity about a guy with one album in twenty years, people are saying they don't think Axl albums would be "quality." I respectfully disagree. If we had Cd2 and CD3 in our hands, I have no doubt they would be quality albums and have some really great music on them.

17 minutes ago, Apollo said:

Who says fans are glad we don't have more albums? We all wish we could have more albums. But it is not up to us. We can't force them at gun point to make albums.And just moaning 24/7 in a forum is not gonna get us a new album either

• Like 1

21 minutes ago, Rovim said:

Who is "they"? hated Slash? what kind of Guns fan hates Slash? please clarify. On the off chance you mean me, please show me where I've said or insinuated I hate Slash.

Have you read the forums over the last decade?

This revisionist history that Slash was a beloved guy on the forums is pretty laughable. 

I am always up for a sensible GnR debate. But it gets pretty silly - and really nothing but a time waste - when we start debating things like how the majority of posters talked about Slash during the last decade OR posters claiming GnR have actually released 18 albums OR praising Axl for not releasing music.

It's like somebody wanting to discuss football with you. And their stance is that Joe Montana and Tom Brady both suck and that the Cleveland Browns are the best run franchise. Where do you even go from there?

27 minutes ago, Apollo said:

So the real real crux here is whether or not people are happy or satisfied with how Axl has ran GnR for the last 20 years. 

All of us can agree that Appetite/Lies/Illusions were amazing. And we all enjoy those albums to the 79th degree. And a portion of us love CD. I still listen to parts of it a couple times a week. 

The big difference is guys like Wasted and a few others are actually PRAISING Axl for not sharing his music with his fans. Music that he (or his people) have continually talked about being finished and that he was going to share with his fans. 

Whereas other diehard fans of Axl wish he would keep his word and share all that music with his fans. 

Me - that sucks. Axl is my favorite singer. I love hearing new music from my favorite artists. I will gladly  pay $16 for a new Axl Rose album - even if it was once a year for twenty years. 

Wasted - I admire Axl for not releasing more music. I respect him for not trying to milk his fans for money by releasing albums. 

I love GnR music. Even the deep cuts and not the hits, I understand that some fans just like the hits. I guess the final difference between me and a lot of fans on here is that I have faith in Axl's talent and ability to crest quality music. By saying quality over quantity about a guy with one album in twenty years, people are saying they don't think Axl albums would be "quality." I respectfully disagree. If we had Cd2 and CD3 in our hands, I have no doubt they would be quality albums and have some really great music on them.

As I understood it he was saying he respected Axl for not releasing shit albums. Not quite the same thing is it?

I can only speak for myself though. I think Axl just wants to release something that will stand the test of time and do as well as possible and my guess is he wants a perfect streak when it comes to Gn'R's catalog.

He's not a genius, he's not Prince for example, so I don't know... maybe it takes him a very long time to get there musically. Until it's good enough to release. What's so crazy about that theory? I find it's logical.

I don't like to wait, but I think I understand why he only released Chinese after Slash, Duff, and Izzy left. As I've previously said: Axl didn't have the same goals or options without Slash, Izzy, and Duff.

Is Axl a liar or a masochist? I really don't think so. I don't think he'll say he wants to release more music again and again if he did not want to do it.

So I can only come to the conclusion he wants to, but is slow and his way of getting there is first trying out a bunch of different things and approaches, combining ideas from everyone in the line up and/or what he managed to accumulate over the years until he figures it out like a musical puzzle. That shit takes time.

I get that about 97% of musicians don't even go there. Slash said: "no album is worth 10 years". But I speculate that for Axl, if it's not truly great, he'd rather not release it and tinker with it some more, only playing it to himself and friends.

Now that Slash and Duff are back, he seems more confident. He seems happier. The faces he makes when Slash nails a solo. That's cool to see. But I don't think it actually changes his process which is why he said soon is not the word this time as well.

In a nutshell, I believe he wants to release another Guns album, he will attempt to release more Guns music as soon as they'll make enough money to go into full studio mode, but it's not promised. I hope they manage to put out another one. I think they can do it.

Edited by Rovim

11 minutes ago, Padme said:

Who says fans are glad we don't have more albums? We all wish we could have more albums. But it is not up to us. We can't force them at gun point to make albums.And just moaning 24/7 in a forum is not gonna get us a new album either

You have wasted and Kk just in this topic. Then you have a couple people justifying Axl's decisions to not share his music. 

And nobody is suggestion fans using gun violence. 

And who is in the forum moaning 24/7? I post on this forum 2-3 times a week at most. And maybe 10% of my posts are about Axl not wanting to share his music. So for me it's maybe 5 minutes a week total. 

Which posters are spending 24/7 talking (or moaning - your word) about it? This topic is specifically about Axl's small catalog. Do you feel people shouldn't post in it?

• Like 1

21 minutes ago, Apollo said:

You have wasted and Kk just in this topic. Then you have a couple people justifying Axl's decisions to not share his music. 

And nobody is suggestion fans using gun violence. 

And who is in the forum moaning 24/7? I post on this forum 2-3 times a week at most. And maybe 10% of my posts are about Axl not wanting to share his music. So for me it's maybe 5 minutes a week total. 

Which posters are spending 24/7 talking (or moaning - your word) about it? This topic is specifically about Axl's small catalog. Do you feel people shouldn't post in it?

LOL!!! You are the one moaning 24/7 about not having a new album. You always bring that up one way or another all the time. But you are not alone. Is it the first time the issue of new/more albums are bought up? No, but it keeps keep coming time and time again, at the end always with the result. So please come up with some new strategy to get Axl's attention to the issue of the new album. This is clearly not working. What fans could do? Bring that up on Axl's twitter account, the offiicial GN'R forum or their FB. Good luck

1 hour ago, Padme said:

LOL!!! You are the one moaning 24/7 about not having a new album. You always bring that up one way or another all the time. But you are not alone. Is it the first time the issue of new/more albums are bought up? No, but it keeps keep coming time and time again, at the end always with the result. So please come up with some new strategy to get Axl's attention to the issue of the new album. This is clearly not working. What fans could do? Bring that up on Axl's twitter account, the offiicial GN'R forum or their FB. Good luck

24/7?

I post 2-3 times a week on this forum at most. At most. If you look at my posting history over the past year you will see weeks at a time where I don't make posts. I spend maybe 15-30 minutes a week reading topics here.  So I'm very confused by your 24/7 comment. In your world 20 minutes a week equals 24/7?

Moaning? So when you post are you moaning or sharing your opinion? I suppose right now you would be "moaning" about what you perceive as my moaning?

I "always" and "all the time" bring it up. I could show you numerous posts where I don't bring it up. I could show you one post that doesn't mention this topic - and that would prove that you are wrong. I could bring up numerous posts that don't mention this topic. 

I'm not sure why you are lying and saying things about me that are simply not true. 

If you want to discuss GnR I will be happy to do so. That's why most of us post on a GnR forum. But if you keep lying about me, I will have to stop responding to your posts. 

Axl is going to do what he wants. He doesn't care what his fans think or want from him. Posting on this forum or on Twitter isn't going to change his attitude. 

1 minute ago, Apollo said:

24/7?

I post 2-3 times a week on this forum at most. At most. If you look at my posting history over the past year you will see weeks at a time where I don't make posts. I spend maybe 15-30 minutes a week reading topics here.  So I'm very confused by your 24/7 comment. In your world 20 minutes a week equals 24/7?

Moaning? So when you post are you moaning or sharing your opinion? I suppose right now you would be "moaning" about what you perceive as my moaning?

I "always" and "all the time" bring it up. I could show you numerous posts where I don't bring it up. I could show you one post that doesn't mention this topic - and that would prove that you are wrong. I could bring up numerous posts that don't mention this topic. 

I'm not sure why you are lying and saying things about me that are simply not true. 

If you want to discuss GnR I will be happy to do so. That's why most of us post on a GnR forum. But if you keep lying about me, I will have to stop responding to your posts. 

Axl is going to do what he wants. He doesn't care what his fans think or want from him. Posting on this forum or on Twitter isn't going to change his attitude. 

:lol:

This post you made is the funniest thing ever! You are a veteran here. You have talked about wanting a new album like a million times. And you know it better than anyone

2 minutes ago, Apollo said:

Rovim -

How much money do you think Axl and the boys have to make before they can go into the studio?

This post right here just contradict all you have said above :rofl-lol:

2 hours ago, Apollo said:

According to Wasted though, Guns have released ten albums.

28 minutes ago, Apollo said:

Rovim -

How much money do you think Axl and the boys have to make before they can go into the studio?

You don't need that much money to record an album. Actually, with today's technolgy you could home record very well.

• Like 2