"What Movie Did You Watch?" - 2020 Edition

1 hour ago, Len Cnut said:

Whats that fuckin' Sterling Hayden movie directed by Kubrick?  i guess thats more of a heist movie. 

The Killing.

Speaking of, went to the Kubrick Exhibition at the Design Museum on the weekend, highly recommended.

7 hours ago, lame ass security said:

Wolfen (1981)  Albert Finney, Diane Venora, Gregory Hines.   Eerie, atmospheric,  and suspenseful thriller set against a backdrop of urban decay.

Albert Finney is a personal hero of mine, on Saturday Night & Sunday Morning alone he is a deity.

• Like 1

15 hours ago, lame ass security said:

Wolfen (1981)  Albert Finney, Diane Venora, Gregory Hines.   Eerie, atmospheric,  and suspenseful thriller set against a backdrop of urban decay.

This movie was on a cable channel last night.

My mom said it was very good. A cool version of werewolves and why they were in the Bronx.

I watched some movie on SHO but can't remember the name of it.

It was about a lesbian couple who go to a remote cabin and one of the wive's finds out her wife is not all she seemed to be. It was a very good thriller and very bloody.

Anyway, it wasn't bad for a cable movie. I think it was something like "What doesn't kill you" or something to that effect. No one well known was in it.

Got my tickets for the "Secret life of Pets 2". Taking my daughter on Saturday. Can't wait to see this movie! I just love all those pets!

23 hours ago, lame ass security said:

Yes, I rewatched it last night.  It's been years since I had seen it, some parts are a bit dated but it holds up well I think.

Well, I haven't been back to NYC is over 10 years, but whenever we would go upstate NY we would pass the Bronx and a lot of the parts still looked shitty like in the movie, but NY has changed so much since I was a kid and more so since my mom was a kid, so who knows?

But I have seen this movie too and liked it.

• Like 1

On 03/06/2019 at 12:44 PM, Angelica said:

The Departed!? Seriously!? 🤣  everything is subjective but I don’t get the resistance if you love the genre so much, considering you know damn well how acclaimed it is. Although it’s personally my favorite in part because it’s so dedicated to taking the piss,.

I missed the rest of this post, so it takes the piss as well?  See, that puts me off even more, I dunno why.

41 minutes ago, Len Cnut said:

I missed the rest of this post, so it takes the piss as well?  See, that puts me off even more, I dunno why.

Cause you have some perverse respect for shit you should’nt? 

12 minutes ago, Angelica said:

Cause you have some perverse respect for shit you should’nt? 

I guess, maybe, I dunno.  Its not even about respect, it just makes it a little less interesting, for some reason.  Its not like I don't watch a shitload of shit that satirizes shit I admire, its just...I dunno, I might've watched it if it had been some kinda serialized Godfather level shit .  Perhaps your right, perhaps i do have some kind of peverse respect for it.  I just think that, a lot of that stuff, kinda works like fables, y'know?  It has a kind of rise and fall profoundness that is kinda grand and profound on a level that not a lot of stuff is or tries to be these days.  And to find out its just like, taking the piss kinda detracts from that. 

12 minutes ago, Len Cnut said:

I guess, maybe, I dunno.  Its not even about respect, it just makes it a little less interesting, for some reason.  Its not like I don't watch a shitload of shit that satirizes shit I admire, its just...I dunno, I might've watched it if it had been some kinda serialized Godfather level shit .  Perhaps your right, perhaps i do have some kind of peverse respect for it.  I just think that, a lot of that stuff, kinda works like fables, y'know?  It has a kind of rise and fall profoundness that is kinda grand and profound on a level that not a lot of stuff is or tries to be these days.  And to find out its just like, taking the piss kinda detracts from that. 

See, for me it’s exactly what made it more interesting 🤣 and that the actual family (the marriage and children, even if the children are dipshits) are given equal weight and screen time.

16 minutes ago, Angelica said:

See, for me it’s exactly what made it more interesting 🤣 and that the actual family (the marriage and children, even if the children are dipshits) are given equal weight and screen time.

Who knows, maybe one day, in the retirement home, warm pissbag strapped to my leg, I'll catch some re-run when I'm too fucked to get up and walk away, watch it and think to myself, if in fact the onset of dementia has left me capable, 'well whaddya know, ol' Angie was right' :lol:

6 minutes ago, Len Cnut said:

Who knows, maybe one day, in the retirement home, warm pissbag strapped to my leg, I'll catch some re-run when I'm too fucked to get up and walk away, watch it and think to myself, if in fact the onset of dementia has left me capable, 'well whaddya know, ol' Angie was right' :lol:

You’ll do that about a bunch of things 🤣

51 minutes ago, Angelica said:

You’ll do that about a bunch of things 🤣

Alright, I'll fuckin' watch it!  It better be good though or I'm gonna find you and take a shit in your letterbox :lol:

EDIT: just googled a first Episode synopsis, God it sounds shite, some mafia bloke was anxiety, what is this, Analyse This?!

Edited by Len Cnut

I watched 2 cable movies:

We die young with Jean Claude Van Damme

The Appearance a movie about witchcraft in olden days. It was pretty good. A different take on possession.

2 hours ago, Len Cnut said:

Gotti (1996)

Anyone see the Gotti with John Travolta? I'm curious as to how he was.

I was very little when Gotti was alive in Howard Beach NY. 

Anyone watch the Lifetime movie about Victoria and her dad. That woman is in real denial. lol

I only watched it because Maurice Bernard from GH played John. Otherwise, the movie was pure bullshit. Like I said Victoria is in HUGE denial when it comes to her dad.

The Salton Sea (2002) by D.J. Caruso

Cast: Val Kilmer, Vincent D'Onofrio, Peter Sarsgaard, Doug Hutchison, Anthony LaPaglia, Deborah Kara Unger, Glenn Plummer, Chandra West, Luis Guzman, Adam Goldberg, Danny Trejo

Cinematography: Amir Mokri

Music: Thomas Newman

Another criminally overlooked masterpiece. Brilliant acting, great story, beautifully filmed, flawless direction and music.

Like all the great movies, this one is not what it seems to be. There are many layers in this movie. Sure, it's about tweakers, but it's also about friendship, revenge, lost love. It's about looking for your place in the world. And it's fucking entertaining. And accurate.

• Like 1