THE OFFICIAL PROPER FOOTBALL THREAD 2020/21

Len Cnut

12 minutes ago, DieselDaisy said:

Gay.

And watching girls sports is the height of masculinity is it? :lol: 

12 minutes ago, lukepowell1988 said:

The Tennis can be entertaining.

Big juggly tits wobbling about and that lovely little shout they give when the poor old girls trying to hit the ball.

Tennis in general is shite :lol:

Just now, lukepowell1988 said:

Thank Yank one is a riiight fucking brute 

Rapindo or some bollocks? She is an excellent player!

Yes, every team seems to have one. The Dutch have this black player who has this weird short hairstyle, died blond with tiger patterns.

26 minutes ago, moreblack said:

How progressive :lol:

Its not that they're birds so much as they're fuckin' shite.  When I watch sports in my spare time it's something I do to like, enjoy myself right, entertainment, thats why we do it?  Well girls are just shit at it.  Its not their fault, bless em, blokes have been at it longer to develop skills and shit but it is what it is, so end of the day, birds football or birds boxing, what the fuck do i wanna watch it for, its just boring and I don't care to watch that shit to prove how big a feminist I am.  Girls boxing, one bird'll come along and she'll have semi decent skills and she'll just go undefeated forever cuz there just ain't the competition out there, whats enjoyable about that?

47 minutes ago, Len Cnut said:

Its not that they're birds so much as they're fuckin' shite.  When I watch sports in my spare time it's something I do to like, enjoy myself right, entertainment, thats why we do it?  Well girls are just shit at it.  Its not their fault, bless em, blokes have been at it longer to develop skills and shit but it is what it is, so end of the day, birds football or birds boxing, what the fuck do i wanna watch it for, its just boring and I don't care to watch that shit to prove how big a feminist I am.  Girls boxing, one bird'll come along and she'll have semi decent skills and she'll just go undefeated forever cuz there just ain't the competition out there, whats enjoyable about that?

The US team I bet could beat a number of male premiership teams. 

2 hours ago, lukepowell1988 said:

I love a bit of VAR myself its going to be part of the Prem this season.

Will be interesting to see how many peno's get awarded that wouldn't have before might even lower the amount of dives ect 

That DAZN app took over broadcast of the Prem in Canada so I can't even get it on TV anymore. That's as good a time as any to get off that ship.

2 hours ago, Len Cnut said:

You think men are better than women in football because they've been at it longer? 

27 minutes ago, SoulMonster said:

You think men are better than women in football because they've been at it longer? 

I dunno, you tell me, you're the sciencey one, thats probably a little something to do with it though I'm sure, in the same way that like, certain Asian countries don't produce much good boxers, because they don't do it, ain't exposed to it, it ain't bred into em the same way, they don't have centuries of boxing and the evolution of boxing skills in their culture. 

It is about relativity. Thus if you watch two (male) non-league teams play, clearly the standard of the two respective teams won't be as good as a premiership side, yet you may get a perfectly exciting game as the respective merits of the two teams will be evenly matched. The physical and technical imperfections of a woman's football side for instance are cancelled-out as that side will be playing against another woman's side who possess similar shortcomings.

We do this all the time in women's tennis. Williams sisters aside, nobody goes, ''oh, I'll not watch her because she couldn't beat Federer''. 

58 minutes ago, Len Cnut said:

I dunno, you tell me, you're the sciencey one, thats probably a little something to do with it though I'm sure, in the same way that like, certain Asian countries don't produce much good boxers, because they don't do it, ain't exposed to it, it ain't bred into em the same way, they don't have centuries of boxing and the evolution of boxing skills in their culture. 

If you look at the number of men playing football versus the number of women, it is not surprising that the best men's teams would be better than the best women's. That's just a numbers game. But more importantly is biological differences, I think. 

4 minutes ago, Len Cnut said:

Specifically?

On average top athletes among women are weaker, slower and fatter than top athletes among men, and have a lower anaerobic capacity.

The gender gap in records from Olympic competition, across all events, is about 10 %. 

They are more flexible, though, giving them an advantage in gymnastics. 

England's first half performance was virtually perfect but they'll have to cut down on a certain sloppiness which entered proceedings in the second half if they want to get past the Yanks or Frogs. Nonetheless, a brilliant performance. Steph Houghton, Jill Scott and Lucy Bronze are the spine of the team with Ellen White the goal scorer upfront. Everything else locks around them.

On 27/06/2019 at 5:59 PM, DieselDaisy said:

It is about relativity. Thus if you watch two (male) non-league teams play, clearly the standard of the two respective teams won't be as good as a premiership side, yet you may get a perfectly exciting game as the respective merits of the two teams will be evenly matched. The physical and technical imperfections of a woman's football side for instance are cancelled-out as that side will be playing against another woman's side who possess similar shortcomings.

We do this all the time in women's tennis. Williams sisters aside, nobody goes, ''oh, I'll not watch her because she couldn't beat Federer''. 

I can see the sense in this actually, its like watching two British level contenders have a scrap, the skillsets probably lacking but cuz they're evenly matched you often get a good fight.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Len Cnut said:

I can see the sense in this actually, its like watching two British level contenders have a scrap, the skillsets probably lacking but cuz they're evenly matched you often get a good fight.

Exactly. I watch a lot of club cricket, even 2nds and academy stuff, so this is spoken from experience. I actually watched a non-league footy game a few months ago. Quite shocked by the ''threatening like'' vibe haha. A northern non-league footy match. It even shocks me.  

Edited by DieselDaisy