07/16/18 - Tallinn, Estonia - Tallinn Song Festival Ground

downzy

6 hours ago, Tom2112 said:

Blame it on 2 out of the 3 of the big 3. He could play november rain and all those other songs much better before this Reunion. Or we can pretend like it's all him.

axl is the one who hired and who keeps the most pathetic drummer ever on his pathetic fake version of gnr

there is no way to sugarcoat this

12 minutes ago, ludurigan said:

axl is the one who hired and who keeps the most pathetic drummer ever on his pathetic fake version of gnr

why only 2 of 3? its either all 3 or just 1.

the question is, when will those 3 deaf retards have enough and finally open up their ears?  Matt really can't be financialy out of reach

1 hour ago, shotsfired cro said:

the question is, when will those 3 deaf retards have enough and finally open up their ears?  Matt really can't be financialy out of reach

Wasn't it rumoured they rehearsed with Matt but couldn't work with him? Adler or an Adler/Frank mix would have been a great choice but alas he fucked his back and then they cut ties with him when he started giving interviews, etc. Brain would be a great all-rounder too.

33 minutes ago, MrSoftie said:

Wasn't it rumoured they rehearsed with Matt but couldn't work with him? Adler or an Adler/Frank mix would have been a great choice but alas he fucked his back and then they cut ties with him when he started giving interviews, etc. Brain would be a great all-rounder too.

unfortunately no. Matt never had anything to do with this half assed reunion. aparently Adler was rehersing and forwhateverreason, he was out and Frank stayed as he cheapest possible solution on this fucking planet.

btw, that story about Adler and his back is the story I never bought. IMO, there were other issues but we are not likely to ever find out.

• Like 1

9 hours ago, shotsfired cro said:

i am sure duff and slash are not deaf

they know it

they probably dont wanna confront axl about it

also they are making so much money that they just dont fucking care

===

axl, on the other hand, i am not so sure

he seems to have lost not only his voice but also some "music capabilities" as well

anyone that chooses to sing with that absurdly annoying clean voice (a.k.a. mickey) surely has lost it

anyone who chooses to sing slither like axl has been doing also seems to have lost touch with good music

and it is very hard to say this because axl was likely the sharpest melody maker in Guns n Roses

he was so good at it that he was able to give GNR songs unique melody lines and improve songs by some of the greatest bands ever with his vocal extensions etc

===

also, like i have said before, axl needs distractions onstage in order to not be exposed as the weak link in GNA

if we had GNR onstage, it would sound phenomenal and magical EXCEPT FOR AXL who obviously cant sing properly anymore 90% of the time

if we had a decent drummer and a decent rhythm guitar player onstage, it would sound very close to GNR... EXCEPT FOR AXL

so frank and ricky and melissa are very welcome distractions

9 hours ago, ludurigan said:

Axl also played with the most pathetic drummer ever for many years, where said pathetic drummer played tighter, cleaner drum arrangements all through that time. How exactly do you explain that? The sound of any band is a combination of ALL the players. 

Slash like most guitarists likes to push the beat, he also (unfortunately) likes to play everything 5-10bpm faster than the original versions. Axl is even playing faster and sloppier now when he plays NV. It's far too simple to say Frank is the root cause. 

Nobody is arguing that Frank is the beat drummer out there... Well, I'm not. I think he's very capabale and for the most part is enjoyable to listen to.

There's a few things that bother me, like some of the fills in Don't cry and November rain... Which to my ears sound plain wrong, but I've had others listen and not notice anything so it might just be a over familiarity with recorded drum fills. In my mind those drum fills are iconic and  should be kept the same. Adding a ghost note here and there during the verse or deciding to splash the ride cymbal instead of a washy high hat is not that big a concern to me.

• Like 2

• 1 month later...

Howdy,

I was lucky to see 3 great NITL concerts. I think they play better than ever this tour. Here's 7 videos (+ 2 audios) i filmed in Tallinn

...and here's all my NITL films

Hämeenlinna, Finland 2017-07-01
01. It's so easy
02. Chinese democracy
03. Welcome to the jungle
04. Better
05. Estranged
06. You could be mine
07. November rain
08. Don't cry

Berlin, Germany 2018-06-03
09. It's so easy