Adler's Appetite Has New Singer

I have a theory that Adler, god bless him, was sacked for being too much the hair rocker. The others tried to distance themselves from the genre but Adler just doesn't care: he is completely unembarrassed and unapologetic being the ''1980s Sunset Strip chap'' (and probably oblivious to the negativity surrounding it). It is as if Kurt didn't arrive. 

Thinking about it though, he was probably stoned when grunge, industrial, numetal - all succeeding genre - arrived, so for him it is rather like he departed c.1988 and that all those decades didn't occur.

6 hours ago, jamillos said:

I wonder whether Steven has ever even thought about doing something completely, totally unrelated to GN’R for a change. You know, not forever, just to try it out, if once. Maybe as a side band or something. I mean, he’s been in this thing of the past for almost 30 years now, always revolving around his golden years. That shit has to be tiring, hasn’t it? 
Of course, I may be wrong. 

He has released two EPs and a full Albums worth of original material. 

Adler's Appetite - EP
Alive - EP
Back From The Dead - Full Album

11 hours ago, jamillos said:

I wonder whether Steven has ever even thought about doing something completely, totally unrelated to GN’R for a change. You know, not forever, just to try it out, if once. Maybe as a side band or something. I mean, he’s been in this thing of the past for almost 30 years now, always revolving around his golden years. That shit has to be tiring, hasn’t it? 
Of course, I may be wrong. 

Guns N' Roses has been doing the same thing too. Reliving the past, playing the same old songs, maybe they should work on new music. I do agree with the adler thing though, he should branch out.

On 8/24/2018 at 4:07 AM, DieselDaisy said:

I have a theory that Adler, god bless him, was sacked for being too much the hair rocker. The others tried to distance themselves from the genre but Adler just doesn't care: he is completely unembarrassed and unapologetic being the ''1980s Sunset Strip chap'' (and probably oblivious to the negativity surrounding it). It is as if Kurt didn't arrive. 

Thinking about it though, he was probably stoned when grunge, industrial, numetal - all succeeding genre - arrived, so for him it is rather like he departed c.1988 and that all those decades didn't occur.

Not that far of a stretch really. His lack of self-awareness certainly helped alienate him in the group. Whatever happened next was all par for the course. All things considered, Matt's perm was bad enough but Steven would have looked extremely out of place with his '88 mullet in the UYI lineup. 

Edited by RONIN
  • Like 1

2 hours ago, RONIN said:

Not that far of a stretch really. His lack of self-awareness certainly helped alienate him in the group. Whatever happened next was all par for the course. All things considered, Matt's perm was bad enough but Steven would have looked extremely out of place with his '88 mullet in the UYI lineup. 

You just gave me the idea for a new poll. Which GN'R drummer has the best haircut 

Edited by Sosso
  • Haha 2

1 hour ago, RONIN said:

Steven didn't have an actual Mullett..

Anyway, Duff was the last one on the band to have terrible hairband hair.. Just look at the Canada 93 show that came out

• Like 1