BlueJean Baby

Mass Shooting at Walmart in El Paso

Just now, -W.A.R- said:

Not all - Revolvers, Derringers, etc

Tbh, most people that are well trained with guns can shoot a revolver about as fast as a semi-auto pistol.  The only major difference is that a revolver probably only holds 6 rounds vs a semi auto that could hold 9 or more rounds in a magazine.

5 minutes ago, -W.A.R- said:

Not all - Revolvers, Derringers, etc

A revolver is not a pistol per se as it does have multiple chambers in the drum.

Unless he's going for single shots which are very rare nowadays or an old lever action then it's probably a semi auto.

Posted (edited)
8 minutes ago, Kasanova King said:

Tbh, most people that are well trained with guns can shoot a revolver about as fast as a semi-auto pistol.  The only major difference is that a revolver probably only holds 6 rounds vs a semi auto that could hold 9 or more rounds in a magazine.

Double stack mag pistols can hold up to 17+1 rounds on their standard mags, like the CZ 75.

Mine holds 19+1.

Edited by Chewbacca

Posted (edited)
8 minutes ago, SoulMonster said:

Doubt it. Probably more inspired by the latest mass murders in the USA which have received a lot of media coverage here, and it being Hajj. 

Well I’m glad the guy was apprehended without major casualties.  But from first glance it sounds more like the guy didn’t really know what he was doing (Thank God) and that there were a few brave people that were willing to take him down vs any type of gun laws that you’ve implemented.

No disrespect but if you can’t take 3 people out with a shotgun and several pistols then having a semi auto rifle would not have made much of a difference either, imo. If anything, the rifle would have been harder to control vs a shotgun and pistols. 

But at this point it’s all conjecture anyway.   I’m glad no one was more seriously hurt.

Edited by Kasanova King

4 minutes ago, Chewbacca said:

A revolver is not a pistol per se as it does have multiple chambers in the drum.

Unless he's going for single shots which are very rare nowadays or an old lever action then it's probably a semi auto.

Sorry for the confusion, semi-automatic pistols are possible to buy. In Norway the starting point is that every gun purchase must be approved by the police, and the application should state the intended use of the weapon (with hunting or sports being the only acceptable uses). Furthermore, all "militarised" guns are illegal. You can obtain semi-automatic shotguns or rifles (for hunting) at the police's discretion. Owning more than one firearm is only acceptable if you can argue for why. 

• Like 1

Posted (edited)
4 minutes ago, SoulMonster said:

Sorry for the confusion, semi-automatic pistols are possible to buy. In Norway the starting point is that every gun purchase must be approved by the police, and the application should state the intended use of the weapon (with hunting or sports being the only acceptable uses). Furthermore, all "militarised" guns are illegal. You can obtain semi-automatic shotguns or rifles (for hunting) at the police's discretion. Owning more than one firearm is only acceptable if you can argue for why. 

It's pretty much like Brazil then. Cept we can't get 9mm or anything past .30 carbine on the semi auto rifle department.

Edited by Chewbacca

6 minutes ago, Chewbacca said:

Double stack mag pistols can hold up to 17+1 rounds on their standard mags, like the CZ 75.

Mine holds 19+1.

Yeah you can get extended magazines for semi auto’s.  I was mostly referring to the rate of fire between a semi auto pistol and a revolver.   You can pretty much shoot either as fast as you can pull the trigger...although semi autos are probably easier to pull.  

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, Kasanova King said:

Well I’m glad the guy was apprehended without major casualties.  But from first glance it sounds more like the guy didn’t really know what he was doing (Thank God) and that there were a few brave people that were willing to take him down vs any type of gun laws that you’ve implemented.

There were only 3 people there. Anyway, if it had been hundreds (which is expected for the sermon tomorr) and the guy had a semi-automatic (or fully automatic) high-power rifle with a large magazine, the outcome is likely to have been worse than what a guy with two glocks can usually achieve. 

3 minutes ago, Kasanova King said:

Yeah you can get extended magazines for semi auto’s.  I was mostly referring to the rate of fire between a semi auto pistol and a revolver.   You can pretty much shoot either as fast as you can pull the trigger...although semi autos are probably easier to pull.  

True dat. None of those double stacks I cited are considered extended tho.

2 minutes ago, Chewbacca said:

It's pretty much like Brazil then. Cept we can't get 9mm or anything past .30 carbine on the semi auto rifle department.

There are limitations on caliber here too. 

We also had an amnesty to get guns away, and every gun must be registered. 

7 minutes ago, Kasanova King said:

If anything, the rifle would have been harder to control vs a shotgun and pistols. 

Personally I find an M4 is way easier to wield than a shot gun. M4s are like toys almost.

1 minute ago, SoulMonster said:

There are limitations on caliber here too. 

We also had an amnesty to get guns away, and every gun must be registered. 

Also, Bolsonaro campaigned on rolling back the gun restrictions and acted quickly to increase the list of reasons that the police must accept to allow ownership beyond just hunting and sport shooting. 

3 minutes ago, soon said:

Personally I find an M4 is way easier to wield than a shot gun. M4s are like toys almost.

M4?  You can’t legally own an M4 without a special weapons permit in the US.  Those are not easy to get.

Also, Bolsonaro campaigned on rolling back the gun restrictions and acted quickly to increase the list of reasons that the police must accept to allow ownership beyond just hunting and sport shooting. 

Yes, that's one of the reasons we voted for him. Sadly he was blocked, we are still trying to repeal the 2005 gun laws and we might be able to do it next year.

1 minute ago, Chewbacca said:

Yes, that's one of the reasons we voted for him. Sadly he was blocked, we are still trying to repeal the 2005 gun laws and we might be able to do it next year.

You voted for Bolsonaro? 

2 minutes ago, Kasanova King said:

M4?  You can’t legally own an M4 without a special weapons permit in the US.  Those are not easy to get.

Well, my point was about a shooting in Norway and about how theres popular semis that I find easier to wield then a shot gun.

But, are you sure? How are they classified in relation to an AR15 or AK style weapon? 

1 minute ago, soon said:

Well, my point was about a shooting in Norway and about how theres popular semis that I find easier to wield then a shot gun.

But, are you sure? How are they classified in relation to an AR15 or AK style weapon? 

M4’s are fully-automatic, military grade rifles.

AR-15’s “look like” M4’s but are semi-automatic and their barrels can’t hold up to heat like the barrel of an M4.  They basically melt if you tried to shoot one like an M4 or if you tried to use a bump stock.

6 minutes ago, SoulMonster said:

You voted for Bolsonaro? 

It was either him or haddad, the guy who wanted to free Lula and was the continuation of the goverment that destroyed petrobras and this country. What really sold us is the fact that the left sent an assassin to kill him. He was stabbed and almost died. You have no idea how corrupt and dangerous the left is here.

1 minute ago, Chewbacca said:

It was either him or haddad, the guy who wanted to free Lula and was the continuation of the goverment that destroyed petrobras and this country. What really sold us is the fact that the left sent an assassin to kill him. He was stabbed and almost died. You have no idea how corrupt and dangerous the left is here.

The Trump of the South. 

Posted (edited)
9 minutes ago, Kasanova King said:

M4’s are fully-automatic, military grade rifles.

AR-15’s “look like” M4’s but are semi-automatic and their barrels can’t hold up to heat like the barrel of an M4.  They basically melt if you tried to shoot one like an M4 or if you tried to use a bump stock.

I belive you are mistaken sir. Military grade is when you get into the double digit models like M14 and M16. Maybe you are thinking of M14?

Ive mainly shot M4s on your shit hole countries ranges and camps.

Heres some for sale and listed as Semi Autos https://www.gunsamerica.com/s/Colt M4 Carbine#

And take my word for it, they are built like toys, not comparable to military grade at all. 

I know more about guns than you!!!!!!!! :P:lol:That has got to hurt :o:hug: 

Edited by soon

I belive you are mistaken sir. Military grade is when you get into the double digit models like M14 and M16. Maybe you are thinking of M14?

Ive mainly shot M4s on your shit hole countries ranges and camps.

Heres some for sale and listed as Semi Autos https://www.gunsamerica.com/s/Colt M4 Carbine#

I know more about guns than you!!!!!!!! :P:lol:That has got to hurt :o:hug: 

Don’t worry, you don’t.  

Those are either AR-15’s or some other clones but they are not M4’s

You cannot legally own an M4 in the US unless you have a military grade special weapons permit.

I’m at work but I’ll be happy to post a link to enlighten you when I get home.

Just now, Kasanova King said:

Don’t worry, you don’t.  

Those are either AR-15’s or some other clones but they are not M4’s

You cannot legally own an M4 in the US unless you have a military grade special weapons permit.

I’m at work but I’ll be happy to post a link to enlighten you when I get home.

Admit it. I know more about guns than you :) 

We can even buy them here you know.

Just now, soon said:

Admit it. I know more about guns than you :) 

We can even buy them here you know.

So you can legally buy fully automatic guns in Canada, eh?

Just now, Kasanova King said:

So you can legally buy fully automatic guns in Canada, eh?

No Its just that youre wrong about M4s.... Because I've bested you on gun knowledge. :D

Id post a link to that too, but you'd just say that the gun seller was also mistaken apparently. ;)

:dance:

11 minutes ago, Chewbacca said:

Isn't it strange how both Brazil and USA could end up in a situation where they either had to choose an absolute loathsome person to be their president, or someone allegedly even worse? I am not a fan of Hillary Clinton but she is definitely a better president than the racist, dividing, pseudo-fascist garbage they chose. I don't know Balsonaro's opposition, but it is hard to imagine he could have been worse than Bolsonaro. But then I am not a pathological homophob who wants improved access to guns.