Ron BUMBLEFOOT Thal goes ONE ON ONE with Mitch Lafon

Guest NGOG

Summary:

- Ron comes in at 9.50

- Speaks about the Kickstarter for the tour for the first 10 mins

- Starts talking about what to expect from the tour at 18 mins

- He explains that he's singing and playing lead, his original stuff, some instrumentals. A lot of the "crazy guitar stuff" because that's what the tour is about

- He's halfway through his next solo album at 21.30:

"It's coming out pretty melodic. I feel like I'm achieving something that I always wanted to and never quite really did... which is going back to Ace Frehley. It all goes back to Kiss. Because that's how my love for making music started.... Ace Frehley made the parts of the Kiss songs that you sang. It wasn't Paul Stanley's vocals, it was Ace's solos that you would sing. That's something that I never really felt like I nailed in my music (...) but there are certain guitar melodies that are just singable... and I feel like on this album, they're coming out.

- First GN'R bit at 23.20. Talks about the Duff shows briefly, what it was like to play with him.

- Starts talking about Kiss again at the 25 min mark

- Talks about doing more guitar clinics

- Gets asked about his back at the 30 mins mark

- Second GN'R bit at 31 mins. Talks about A4D:
"I'm curious. I'm very curious to see it. Actually I'm not. I never watch my own live stuff because I hear all the mistakes and all the screw ups and think it sounds terrible (....) but I hope people like it!"

Not much to take away, but interested to hear what he said about the new album. More melodic sounds good to me. He hit it at points on Normal, but it's something his solo music has definitely lacked in the past.

• Like 4

Seems like he has decided to let his solos say more and not be just be random showcasing of his technical abilities. Sounds promising. Perhaps he has picked up something from playing Slash's solos.

I have always found his solos melodic enough :shrugs: In reality, he has only like a couple of songs that are heavily self conscious ridiculous shred. (Guitars Suck, I Can't Play The Blues etc.)

Seems like he has decided to let his solos say more and not be just be random showcasing of his technical abilities. Sounds promising. Perhaps he has picked up something from playing Slash's solos.

I have always found his solos melodic enough :shrugs: In reality, he has only like a couple of songs that are heavily self conscious ridiculous shred. (Guitars Suck, I Can't Play The Blues etc.)

When you can actually shred it can be hard to hold back. I think he does a good mix of both.

I recently listened to The Adventures of Bumblefoot, I know it ain't as polished as his later stuff but it's intriguing enough.

So, if BBF finished this solo record and does this tour, does that tide him over for another round of GNR touring and (I'll believe it when I see the demented studio tweets) record commitments with this band?

And a pay rise and demands to actually communicate with him, the intentions of albums and clear touring outlines you'd expect him to be angling for.