The General played several times as the concert intro

ManetsBR

STILL looking for this one :D

Anyone?

EDIT: It's been played on the current tour too, maybe we should look at 09-10 soundboards also.

Still no luck :( It must be something Pitman's thrown together, or it's part of The General.

what is the name of the creepy classical song played before chinese demorcacy

I always had a hunch that it had something to do with The General

Axl: You may have heard parts of it somewhere.

WOW.

Where?

Is that 33 seconds clip real? Or is he refering to something else?

I'm thinking more the orchestral introduction to Welcome To The Jungle used during the tour. If so, fucking awesome. I'm also reminded that Marco worked on orchestration on The General ;)

Been saying that for over two years, my friends. A new intro (extended version) has been played in some cases during the 2010 tour, and it is NOT the same intro as the 2001 Exorcist shows.

• Replies 186
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Locomotive, musically brilliant and the lyric 'loco' 'motive' 'crazy motive'... a great double meaning lyrically by Axl.

That is an awesome catch dude. I never even thought of that. Haha, that just takes the song from a 10 to an 11.

Locomotive is a bad ass song...

I cant decide if I should listen to this intro....I probably will break down and do it..

GNR might be the first band ever to have people trying to get soundboard quality pre show tapes.

So is it a GNR original or is it from a soundtrack to a movie called "The General"?

And if it is an original song, there's no copyright on it.

Dude, it's the Guns N' Roses song "The General".

Let's all ignore that Conor called this years ago when you all said it was Checkmate.

I read often, and seldom find the need to contribute,but

I find it ironically amusing when someone gloats and feels the need to inflate their own ego over a supposition they supported,without knowing the facts,

or having proof, please feel free to enlighten us with more of your revalation knowledge,why don't you tell everyone which parts of other songs have been played? Oh, that's right you can't because you don't know,enjoy your tenure of fame and followers while it lasts, Those that know don't talk, those that talk don't know, and Guns N' Roses is always full of unprecidented surprises, don't bother to reply or put on a show of self-indignance to further your crusade,

I won't reply nor acknowledge it, seeya ;)

Edited by Trilogy

Let's all ignore that Conor called this years ago when you all said it was Checkmate.

I read often, and seldom find the need to contribute,but

I find it ironically amusing when someone gloats and feels the need to inflate their own ego over a supposition they supported,without knowing the facts,

or having proof, please feel free to enlighten us with more of your revalation knowledge,why don't you tell everyone which parts of other songs have been played? Oh, that's right you can't because you don't know,enjoy your tenure of fame and followers while it lasts, Those that know don't talk, those that talk don't know, and Guns N' Roses is always full of unprecidented surprises, don't bother to reply or put on a show of self-indignance to further your crusade,

I won't reply nor acknowledge it, seeya ;)

Someone's an angry piece of work. I don't see the problem. I'm happy because I've always had a hunch that was The General. I'm not claiming I have the song, or that I've heard it. Maybe you should read again, cranky Sour grapes.

Do us a favour and go back to lurking.

And for the record, parts of Prostitute have been played since 2002, and If The World was allegedly played as a jam too in 06/07.

Why do you think you are the only one who thinks that The General and "Checkmate" are not the same song?

I mean, Axl said Checkmate was a bogus name and working title was Soul Monster (16 seconds clip), The General has been always a different song to me and many people. The rest who disagree are confused.

If they're not kidding - why it was told just now? Is something in the air? Are we gonna get a Christmas present?

Love the intro, now I'm even more pumped to hear something new!

That's something to think about, but I don't want to get more excited than I am.

Fans have wondered where this intro come from for 4 years now, and only yesterday Guns N' Roses revealed.

If they're not kidding - why it was told just now? Is something in the air? Are we gonna get a Christmas present?

Love the intro, now I'm even more pumped to hear something new!

Is it a coincidence that DJ openly tweets that he's adding that video with him talking about AXL being ready to go for the next album to his favourites (weeks after it originally appeared) and this tweet from GNR about The General?

Have GNR started to become aware of the power of marketing! They have certainly got the baords talking about new material at an extremely low cost!

Fingers crossed we get some new music next year - i personally can't wait for more of the same CD style work.

Why do you think you are the only one who thinks that The General and "Checkmate" are not the same song?

I mean, Axl said Checkmate was a bogus name and working title was Soul Monster (16 seconds clip)

I'm not saying that. I'm saying that for over two years I've said that I thought The General and the orchestral tour introduction were linked. I wish people would read my posts. This forum is even more sour than I thought.

And about Soul Monster? That was never said to be the 16 clip, the two were never connected.

Edited by Conor

So do we have a soundboard yet of the intro for The General?

No, and that's the longest version I could find, from Hungary 2006, thanks to gadamer, and it's even more awesome

http://www.4shared.com/audio/e2dZd0D6/01_Intro.html

IF this is indeed The General (remember, the guy who runs the GN'R Twitter account might still be fooling around with us :lol: ), then I'll say, judging from this and the 16 second clip of a song we've heard, that GN'R is heading to the exact right direction with the future material.