Axl's Happiness

Yesterdays-Civil-War

I've been watching a lot of concert videos on YouTube lately and I've been thinking...

In 2006, it seemed like Axl was really happy, just in the way he sang and danced and his demeanor with the audience. He was funny and very charismatic, much like his former self in the 90's.

In watching concert videos in 2010 it just seems like he is really pissed off. The only time it seemed like he was really having a good time was when GN'R did that acoustic show.

Granted, there are a lot of factors that could go in to this and I'm not saying the shift in attitude isn't justified, all I'm saying is that it is noticeable.

Am I the only one who sees this, or do some of you see it too?

I dunno..Axl was joking around plenty throughout the shows in 2010, seemed happy enough. If anything, he's probably relieved, now that the album is finally out (Though the lack of promotion and stuff probably, and justifiably, peeved him)

Towards the end of the (some what fragmented) tour - there were reports Axl was showing up on stage, performing X amounts of tracks (no set variation) , without the usual lateness, walking off stage sh-t. I got the impression Axl was on his best behaviour, some might say a little robotic. Maybe he was setting a new example, in hope future bookings might materialise.

Edited by star

He seemed to be in pretty good spirits at the show I was at.

Same at the show I was at. I remember him making a joke about his beer belly (Axl's said that, not me!) and how he needed another Carlsberg and when the crowd cheered as he mention Carlsberg he was all smiles. To me it seems like that he for the most part was in a good mood during the concerts.

Oddly enough I guess it is just me.

Axl had much more of a smooth man, "cool guy," feel to him in 2006 than last year...or at least that is how I see it.

I'm really looking forward to the shows later this year, I'd really like to see Axl run around a little bit more and maybe see if he got back into shape.

I guess I can look at it this way. During the "Braided Hair Era" I longed for the days of the 90's Axl, and now I long for the days of the "Braided Hair Era." I guess sooner or later I will be longing for the days of seeing Axl in any way, shape or form.

best moments of this tour are probably when he told the story where people thought he was bon jovi and that his ''bon jovi can suck my dick'' rant is all over youtube now. and when he made a whole crowd say ''fuck you axl rose''

but to me he seemed in a really good mood at the shows i a ttended