Rumored Album Release Dates

The_Terminator

• Replies 4.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

anyone wanna put a bet on it?after all the 19th is a tuesday

Absolutely. How much? Listen, if the album was coming out in 13 days it would have to have already been pressed and the cover art would have to have been already printed. Do you think this stuff happened without anyone on these forums knowing about it?

Holy shit... someone pull out their camera phone... the president of Univeral Studios is here! Well, he must be! He knows everything about the process of records being pressed! Quick, I'll run up and grab his ass... make sure you get a good reaction shot!

:rofl-lol:

Always in these threads there are no photos, still almost everyone today has a camera phone. When they do have photos they are complete morons and have no idea how to upload it... ...how do they found the info about CD when no one else does? They must be liek SUPER HEROES!!! (or LIARS)

Absolutely. How much? Listen, if the album was coming out in 13 days it would have to have already been pressed and the cover art would have to have been already printed. Do you think this stuff happened without anyone on these forums knowing about it?

Holy shit... someone pull out their camera phone... the president of Univeral Studios is here! Well, he must be! He knows everything about the process of records being pressed! Quick, I'll run up and grab his ass... make sure you get a good reaction shot!

this is not a photo op Matt, there are at least 30 record producers with FULL KNOWLEDGE on how to produce a cd on this forum. I see em correcting Axl all day long :rolleyes:

this is not a photo op Matt, there are at least 30 record producers with FULL KNOWLEDGE on how to produce a cd on this forum. I see em correcting Axl all day long :rolleyes:

Are you kidding, we have experts in every profession of the music industry on here! Entertainment Lawyers, PR people, marketing execs, I wonder how they have so much time to post on here when they could be sharing all their knowledge with the world!

On topic: The 19th sounds good to me, I hope it's true. Eventually someone is gonna be right.

What will you all complain about after you have CD in your hands though? (Don't answer, please!) ;)

Man, what's with you and the gay thing?

Weve been getting these kind of stories for quite some time now. I remember back in August people posted pictures of CD cases at a record stores saying "Chinese Democracy, comming November 23" or something like that. Well, that didnt prove to be too credible now did it.

I wont believe its released till I have it.

Are you kidding, we have experts in every profession of the music industry on here! Entertainment Lawyers, PR people, marketing execs, I wonder how they have so much time to post on here when they could be sharing all their knowledge with the world!

On topic: The 19th sounds good to me, I hope it's true. Eventually someone is gonna be right.

What will you all complain about after you have CD in your hands though? (Don't answer, please!) ;)

I am sure the 'negs' will have a problem with the cover art :P

Honestly, you people who think we need David Geffen himself to tell us how much time is needed to prep everything - give it a rest. Anyone who says there isn't enough time is accused of being a wannabe insider who knows nothing about how an album is actually made. Let me ask you this - what do you guys have besides wishful thinking? I don't see any of you giving us insights into the process of creating an album. It is common sense that things need to get done. Artwork needs to be designed, the CD booklet printed, the CD pressed, mixing and mastering before this, a video needs to be shot, etc. Axl and Merck can't do this all themselves. Many others will be involved and each one is the potential for a leak. I'm not even talking about leaking the album, just one halfway credible leak that something is happening. We haven't even got that. These are facts - more than we've gotten from the believers (for lack of a better word), whose argument amounts to nothing more than "we've got a lot of record executives on the forum that know more than Axl, ho ho ha ha."

The only thing we did get so far was a mistake from HD when they jumped the gun with the Better ad. That right there proves that it's impossible to keep something so big under wraps - shit happens. Problem is that since then we've heard nothing - not a good sign. If you want to continue to believe then you have got a lot more blind faith than most of us do.

I'm not saying your fairytale scenario can't happen, but please recognize that it's a longshot at this point.

EDIT: And yeah, HMV has given us dates before. November 13th ring a bell? Well, last I checked my calendar tells me that day has passed, and we have no album. I trust HMV about as far as I can throw them.

Edited by KBear

Why do the people that make these posts always seem to have like 4 posts?

Keep pulling my heart strings.

At the same time... is it fair to doubt him? We've had new members in the past tell stories, which we branded false, only to have them come up smelling of Roses (I shall not ask you to pardon the pun as it was intentional).

Some people just dont know how to let go.

Your gonna regret giving anymore of your time to axl when your 70 and still standing in front of an empty cd display.

You're gonna regret saying that when you're listening to the album.

Are people still going on about this album? its not coming out, at least not anytime soon

No we're speaking about the new Razorlight album. :rolleyes:

KBear, although I take on board what you say... do they really need a video right now? How about releasing the album and then shooting a music video (which will probably be a collaberation of live footage). Guns N' Roses will win this year if they release the record like Axl said they would, from there on in, they can promote it however they want.

EDIT: And yeah, HMV has given us dates before. November 13th ring a bell? Well, last I checked my calendar tells me that day has passed, and we have no album. I trust HMV about as far as I can throw them.

are you guys dumb seriously i dont know how many times i have to repeat this the dates HMV get are from the labels themselves the reason guns release date has changed so many times is because universal has changed the date .

as an hmv supervisor i can also tell you the winnipeg store hasnt updated their pre awarness and it is now slated for feb 6th 2007

you people who think we need David Geffen himself to tell us how much time is needed to prep everything - give it a rest. Anyone who says there isn't enough time is accused of being a wannabe insider who knows nothing about how an album is actually made

it isnt that, it is just all the people who say Axl Merck etc is lying, money grabbing, etc. It is just the whole scene. I dont think anyone really knows what s going on, yet they pass judgement on the Bands personal decisions.

Bottom line, we just dont know, so saying Axl is an Asshole, just seems kinda silly, thats all.

Honestly, you people who think we need David Geffen himself to tell us how much time is needed to prep everything - give it a rest. Anyone who says there isn't enough time is accused of being a wannabe insider who knows nothing about how an album is actually made. Let me ask you this - what do you guys have besides wishful thinking? I don't see any of you giving us insights into the process of creating an album. It is common sense that things need to get done. Artwork needs to be designed, the CD booklet printed, the CD pressed, mixing and mastering before this, a video needs to be shot, etc. Axl and Merck can't do this all themselves. Many others will be involved and each one is the potential for a leak. I'm not even talking about leaking the album, just one halfway credible leak that something is happening. We haven't even got that. These are facts - more than we've gotten from the believers (for lack of a better word), whose argument amounts to nothing more than "we've got a lot of record executives on the forum that know more than Axl, ho ho ha ha."

The only thing we did get so far was a mistake from HD when they jumped the gun with the Better ad. That right there proves that it's impossible to keep something so big under wraps - shit happens. Problem is that since then we've heard nothing - not a good sign. If you want to continue to believe then you have got a lot more blind faith than most of us do.

I'm not saying your fairytale scenario can't happen, but please recognize that it's a longshot at this point.

Agreed 100%.

Axl and Merck don't control the universe. There are standards to the music industry which will not bend and break for Axl Rose. Printing, manufacturing, processing, cover art, booklet printing - all this stuff has to be done. You can't just decide to release it on Monday night and have it ready the next morning. They would have to print hundreds of thousands of copies of the album - you think someone, somewhere wouldn't let word slip?

are you guys dumb seriously i dont know how many times i have to repeat this the dates HMV get are from the labels themselves the reason guns release date has changed so many times is because universal has changed the date .
as an hmv supervisor i can also tell you the winnipeg store hasnt updated their pre awarness and it is now slated for feb 6th 2007

Hold on I thought February was a dead zone for major record releases? It's not over until the 1st of January 2006. I believe Axl will deliver.

Why do the people that make these posts always seem to have like 4 posts?

Keep pulling my heart strings.

At the same time... is it fair to doubt him? We've had new members in the past tell stories, which we branded false, only to have them come up smelling of Roses (I shall not ask you to pardon the pun as it was intentional).

Some people just dont know how to let go.

Your gonna regret giving anymore of your time to axl when your 70 and still standing in front of an empty cd display.

You're gonna regret saying that when you're listening to the album.

Are people still going on about this album? its not coming out, at least not anytime soon

No we're speaking about the new Razorlight album. :rolleyes:

KBear, although I take on board what you say... do they really need a video right now? How about releasing the album and then shooting a music video (which will probably be a collaberation of live footage). Guns N' Roses will win this year if they release the record like Axl said they would, from there on in, they can promote it however they want.

I've always said they can promote it after it's released. They don't need to do a lot beforehand. But I gotta believe they will have a video ready at least for the week of release. This is when the album will get most of it's media coverage - when TV and newspapers report the album is finally in stores. I'm sure they'd like to take advantage of that.

Fine, but it's pretty odd how HMV seems to be the only place giving us dates. And frankly I don't really care where they get the info from. The bottom line is that it has always been wrong. I'll believe a date when it is officially announced in a press release/press conference. Something that is officially and widely disseminated. Until that happens it is clear they are not ready to let anyone know. And if that's true, then who exactly is feeding HMV these dates and doesn't mind them displaying it for the world to see?

Edited by KBear

Hold on I thought February was a dead zone for major record releases? It's not over until the 1st of January 2006. I believe Axl will deliver.

january is a dead zone feburary not so much fall out boy is releasing their new album the same day

(quote)Fine, but it's pretty odd how HMV seems to be the only place giving us dates. And frankly I don't really care where they get the info from. The bottom line is that it has always been wrong. I'll believe a date when it is officially announced in a press release/press conference. Something that is officially and widely disseminated. Until that happens it is clear they are not ready to let anyone know. And if that's true, then who exactly is feeding HMV these dates and doesn't mind them displaying it for the world to see?(quote)

________________________________________________________________________________

________

hmv gives dates on every upcoming album about 96.8 percent of them are correct.... delayed albums are really hard to accurately get dates for .... reps from labels like sony, warner and universal provide them as well as let our head office buyer know that they are still a go

as for why other stores arent displaying dates for any albums you should probably ask them that... as pre awarness is an important tool in letting the public know when the albums they desire will be out