Rumored Album Release Dates

The_Terminator

You guys are all diverting the point of my posts. "Is it okay to steal someone elses work?" cause that is what you are all justifying. Deflection aside, you are are championing it. You shoud all be very proud.

Chinese Democracy will leak eventually, and people will download it. I will download it immediately. I'll also go to the store the day it's released and buy a copy - maybe even two copies to make you happy, Gunzen. I bought Greatest Hits even though I already owned all the songs because I am a collector/fan. I've never questioned whether or not I'll buy the album. I definitely will. But I have no moral qualms with downloading it, either, and at this point, given the fact that Axl can't seem to will himself to release it by typical standards, given the fact that he's delayed it countless times, and given the fact that the album itself has turned into a long-running laughing joke both inside and outside of the music industry, maybe the best thing for everyone involved would be for the album to leak and just get it out of the way. People will download it, maybe a lot of people who aren't big fans will be happily surprised and be more motivated to consider buying the real thing when it's released. Once the mystique is removed and the album's out there the effort of releasing it to the public may be a far easier task for your misunderstood martyr.

make you happy, Gunzen.

no offense but I dont give a shit what you do. I believe sincerely most of you guys will buy it.

But I have no moral qualms with downloading it, either

cause you steal shit, other people's work is not something you respect. I got that.

Axl can't seem to will himself to release it by typical standards,

Is that what he told you?

I like you man, really, you make sense alot on this forum, and seem to be somewhat fair. That notwithstanding you are perfectly willing to steal something because the person who owns it does not do with his own art what you see fit. Really kinda lame. But at least you are honest about it.

I am no martyr. I will sacrafice nothing by not stealing a CD from a rock band. I personally have had some bad breaks in my life, and I just assume get myself some positive kharma and not fuck anyne if I can help it. All I'm saying.

If you think the guaratee that you will buy CD justifies stealing the music from an artist, fine. I just dont, have at it. But stop calling me names and calling me out for doing nothing. Just sayin .

Good points, Gunzen. Man, those are some really good points actually. You've changed my mind. I don't know why I said all that stuff. I guess you're right, it's important not to download music from artists if you're not paying for it, even if you buy multiple hard copies. I wasn't taking into account how important it is to make sure Axl can afford that new subscription to "Cigar Aficionado" right on scheduled time. I mean when he decides to put out the album in sync with when he needs a new Lamborghini I wouldn't want to possibly cut him a few pennies short. After all, I wouldn't want to be a "downloading motherfucker." It's time for me to get on board and not fuck off! Thanks for saving me from going down a dark path, I owe ya one. Your brother in Christ,

- ER <3

P.S. Let's grab a beer some time! We can get drunk listening to CDs we bought and we can take out the lyric booklets and read them and go around pubs slapping people who have iPods. It'll be awesome.

I would love to grab a beer with you man. Seriously, this is all fun n games to me. You obviously love the band and have a working knowledge of it. So be it. I dont care what Axl does with his money, it isnt about the level of success of the person I am stealing from, it is about stealing art in general.

We all profess our own opinions man, I just dont think that it is cool. I dont think it is any less of a crime to steal from a rich man than a poor man. It isnt really bout the money, it is about the art. I guess I am jaded. Axl Rose and GNR have had a profound effect on me, the on my sons life, switching him from Video games to music, and adding to his confidence as a teen. I just dont think I am gonna fuck Axl. Just wont.

If you are ever in California/Bay area you shhot me an email and I will buy you a beer, and you can tell me all the shit you want. Cause I listen and I guaratee no fecal jokes like Randy, or stupid analogies about restaurants. Just beer and stuff.

I have said my peace. And I am not trying to act like a saint, just not gonna fuck anyone if I can help it. Cheers.

I love your logic Gunzen, I actually thought the restaurant was a pretty good example to put it into context. But I guess die hard fan's who gives the band hundreds or thousands of dollars aren't deserving of a download of an album they intend to purchase.

• Replies 4.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

You guys are all diverting the point of my posts. "Is it okay to steal someone elses work?" cause that is what you are all justifying. Deflection aside, you are are championing it. You shoud all be very proud.

I am. Thanks for caring.

Chinese Democracy will leak eventually, and people will download it. I will download it immediately. I'll also go to the store the day it's released and buy a copy - maybe even two copies to make you happy, Gunzen. I bought Greatest Hits even though I already owned all the songs because I am a collector/fan. I've never questioned whether or not I'll buy the album. I definitely will. But I have no moral qualms with downloading it, either, and at this point, given the fact that Axl can't seem to will himself to release it by typical standards, given the fact that he's delayed it countless times, and given the fact that the album itself has turned into a long-running laughing joke both inside and outside of the music industry, maybe the best thing for everyone involved would be for the album to leak and just get it out of the way. People will download it, maybe a lot of people who aren't big fans will be happily surprised and be more motivated to consider buying the real thing when it's released. Once the mystique is removed and the album's out there the effort of releasing it to the public may be a far easier task for your misunderstood martyr.

make you happy, Gunzen.

no offense but I dont give a shit what you do. I believe sincerely most of you guys will buy it.

But I have no moral qualms with downloading it, either

cause you steal shit, other people's work is not something you respect. I got that.

Axl can't seem to will himself to release it by typical standards,

Is that what he told you?

I like you man, really, you make sense alot on this forum, and seem to be somewhat fair. That notwithstanding you are perfectly willing to steal something because the person who owns it does not do with his own art what you see fit. Really kinda lame. But at least you are honest about it.

I am no martyr. I will sacrafice nothing by not stealing a CD from a rock band. I personally have had some bad breaks in my life, and I just assume get myself some positive kharma and not fuck anyne if I can help it. All I'm saying.

If you think the guaratee that you will buy CD justifies stealing the music from an artist, fine. I just dont, have at it. But stop calling me names and calling me out for doing nothing. Just sayin .

Good points, Gunzen. Man, those are some really good points actually. You've changed my mind. I don't know why I said all that stuff. I guess you're right, it's important not to download music from artists if you're not paying for it, even if you buy multiple hard copies. I wasn't taking into account how important it is to make sure Axl can afford that new subscription to "Cigar Aficionado" right on scheduled time. I mean when he decides to put out the album in sync with when he needs a new Lamborghini I wouldn't want to possibly cut him a few pennies short. After all, I wouldn't want to be a "downloading motherfucker." It's time for me to get on board and not fuck off! Thanks for saving me from going down a dark path, I owe ya one. Your brother in Christ,

- ER <3

P.S. Let's grab a beer some time! We can get drunk listening to CDs we bought and we can take out the lyric booklets and read them and go around pubs slapping people who have iPods. It'll be awesome.

I would love to grab a beer with you man. Seriously, this is all fun n games to me. You obviously love the band and have a working knowledge of it. So be it. I dont care what Axl does with his money, it isnt about the level of success of the person I am stealing from, it is about stealing art in general.

We all profess our own opinions man, I just dont think that it is cool. I dont think it is any less of a crime to steal from a rich man than a poor man. It isnt really bout the money, it is about the art. I guess I am jaded. Axl Rose and GNR have had a profound effect on me, the on my sons life, switching him from Video games to music, and adding to his confidence as a teen. I just dont think I am gonna fuck Axl. Just wont.

If you are ever in California/Bay area you shhot me an email and I will buy you a beer, and you can tell me all the shit you want. Cause I listen and I guaratee no fecal jokes like Randy, or stupid analogies about restaurants. Just beer and stuff.

I have said my peace. And I am not trying to act like a saint, just not gonna fuck anyone if I can help it. Cheers.

I love your logic Gunzen, I actually thought the restaurant was a pretty good example to put it into context. But I guess die hard fan's who gives the band hundreds or thousands of dollars aren't deserving of a download of an album they intend to purchase.

I give Taco Bells a shitload of cash, but I am not gonna grab food off the counter when nonone is looking. I just cant see it man. What the hell does that mean?

as far as the restaurant is concerned, I dont understand that either. Look, whether you want to believe it or not, if the album leaks, it will give less revenue to those who produced it. And it just isnt Axl Rose who will suffer. many people are involved. the people who work at the places where the album is produced (less copies sold, less revenue for them) and all down the line.

remember when those actors told movie pirates that is wasnt just the movie stars who got fucked it was everone isn the process? Look, I dont give a shit how you spin it. We all do things wrong, but this si someting I dont do, and dont plan on doing it. And even if I was planning of stealing it from the internet, I wouldnt brag about it and say that is what Axl gets for making us wait, or that he has a Lamboughini etc.

At the core I love this band, and I try not to fuck people, sometimes I do anyway, but I can do this, cause I am in this, and i think it wrong. I have never purchased and mp3 player, I have one a friend gave me, but maybe if I was one of those internet guys who just take everything they can get fine. I buy my wife Itunes for her Nano, and it seems to work fine for us. I dont think I need to cupcake the nternet and try to get over on Axl.

Again, good for you, hope you steal what you can. And I wont judge you, except to say that you are a disingenuous for not admitting it is stealing and tryng to use the jedi mind trick on me and telling me taking someones work and not paying isnt stealing. I am not a stormtrooper. :rolleyes:

You still havent explained how people who plan on buying the album is "stealing" it. What exactly are they stealing? Previewing an album that leaks early before they buy it when it is officially released, WHAT THE FUCK ARE THEY STEALING? You just keep sorting through posts and commenting on just the things that you think are helping your argument, and just ignoring points people are making.

You can have your opinion on leaks and people downloading and not buying the album, but I think you are an idiot for calling people who plan on buying the album "thieves" when they arent stealing anything. Someone downloads the album early, they listen to it until the album is officially released, then they delete the downloaded one and they go out WITH MONEY, and they BUY the album. So again, what exactly have they stolen? Nothing, absolutely NOTHING.

I give Taco Bells a shitload of cash, but I am not gonna grab food off the counter when nonone is looking. I just cant see it man. What the hell does that mean?

THATS stealing, and has nothing to do with my point. Reread my post, nowhere did I say it was ok to take food and not pay for it.

Edited by mahimahi

You still havent explained how people who plan on buying the album is "stealing" it. What exactly are they stealing? Previewing an album that leaks early before they buy it when it is officially released, WHAT THE FUCK ARE THEY STEALING? You just keep sorting through posts and commenting on just the things that you think are helping your argument, and just ignoring points people are making.

You can have your opinion on leaks and people downloading and not buying the album, but I think you are an idiot for calling people "thieves" when they arent stealing anything. Someone downloads the album early, they listen to it until the album is officially released, then they delete the downloaded one and they go out WITH MONEY, and they BUY the album. So again, what exactly have they stolen? Nothing, absolutely NOTHING.

THATS stealing, and has nothing to do with my point.

He ain't going to get it, you're hitting a brick wall.

Yes eating food at a table and paying for it later is grabing the food of the counter when noones looking :rolleyes:

Blocking Gunzen's posts is the best move I've made on this board in a long time.

I've found another confirmation of a 2008 release for Chinese Democracy. It just says 2008 on metacritic but gives no date. Here's a link for your enjoyment. http://www.metacritic.com/music/upcomingreleases.shtml

that was posted in 2007 with a 2007 release date as well. :rolleyes:

I hope its out this year but i dont think it will be.

You know its bad when statements like this are made in January :rofl-lol:

hahaha yeh. i used to be optimistic but now its nearly impossible. I've been hearing its due for release for maybe about 7 or 8 yrs now. so fuck it.. i'm not going to get overly excited when someone tells classic cock that the album was finished before xmas. Even if its Axl's home living PA.

Just release the fucking album please. Axl if universal are being a bunch of cunts just fucking leak the thing and that will piss them right off. No money for their corporate leech scum to go and buy ferrari's with. Fuck them.

Edited by Route66

I'd love to be able to get on my moral high horse about not downloading the album when it leaks but then I'll be lying to myself, the moment it leaks I'll have it downloaded, however I will also be buying CD when it arrives in stores, I own every album of GnR's, and won't consider myself any less of a fan once I have the new album downloaded.

However I will say this, everyone on these boards should be buying the new album when it arrives in stores/online, that to me is a must, any real fan will be buying the album, downloading the album and buying when it's released is one thing, but downloading the album with absolutely no intentions of the buying the finished product is quite another in my opinion.

If you plan on buying the album when its released, then you are NOT stealing it, genuis, you are previewing it. Stealing it would be downloading it and not buying the album when its released and just burning a copy and being done with it.

Thats like when you go out to eat, you dont see people getting accused of stealing the food because they eat their meal before they pay for it, do you? If you eat and then skip out on the bill, THATS stealing, but just because you enjoy your meal before you pay for the check, its NOT stealing.

Same thing applies with albums, just because the record company didnt ok the leak, doesnt mean someone is stealing for previewing it. You talk about people calling you names but yet you call EVERYONE theives even if they plan on buying the album, and in ER's case he is going to buy two albums.

If you plan on buying the album when its released, then you are NOT stealing it,

actually if you illegally download it, you are stealing it. Promises are like milk, 2%

Stealing it would be downloading it and not buying the album when its released and just burning a copy and being done with it.

this ALSO would be stealing it.

Call it what you want, I buy ther people property if that is waht they want. Nice spin.

I think we can close this thread as all the release dates we'll hear in the near future will most likely be untrue, as HMV told us. If there's a definite release date set in stone we'll be informed by Axl, I'm sure...

:rofl-lol:

I'm sorry...

Hey I have it on good authority to keep an eye out for march 6th :xmasssanta:

Lucky uncle Axl keeps us upto date

I think we can close this thread as all the release dates we'll hear in the near future will most likely be untrue, as HMV told us. If there's a definite release date set in stone we'll be informed by Axl, I'm sure...

:rofl-lol:

I'm sorry...

Hey I have it on good authority to keep an eye out for march 6th :xmasssanta:

Lucky uncle Axl keeps us upto date

Are you sure it was for this year? I heard it was march 6th 2001. But you never know, it might come out this time. I really liked that idea about the four disc set with a lot of demos. I really want to hear sorry very badly.

Oh well, at least there'll be one big GNR-related release this year....

According to a thread at HTGTS, Del James' 'The Language Of Fear' is being rereleased! Huzzah!

Although frankly, I'd rather eat a plate of cold sick than read anything written by that snotty hanger-on hack, its causing quite a stir 'elsewhere'.

Someone actually called him 'a modern day Dickens'. Laugh? I almost shat.

The least they could do is release remastered deluxe packages of the original records; or they could always provide a commemorative Vegas DVD w/ each purchase of Del's masterwork.

Edited by oneway23

Guest Yanni_16

I just thought I'd mention I listened to the Eddie Trunk interview from May of 2006 recently. While funny and very cool, it was very fucking depressing at the same time. I kept thinking back to when I first heard it and how high my hopes were, thinking it was really coming out that fall. HisRoyalSweetness said it best... it's not the fact that Axl hasn't released new music that's so disappointing, it's that he has claimed he would time and time again and has failed to deliver. Teasing us with these "tentative" release dates and these new songs and supposed album covers. If Axl had simply said from the get-go he wouldn't be releasing any more albums and he would just tour every few years as a nostalgia act, most people probably wouldn't be so disappointed with him. I know I sure as hell wouldn't be.

• 1 month later...
  • 3 weeks later...