Rumored Album Release Dates

The_Terminator

• Replies 4.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

To be fair, Gunzen already acknowledged that he downloaded the leaks, and said he believes GN'R may have leaked them intentionally to promote the tour. (He said that in this very thread.) I'm not one to defend Gunzen very often but he did say this in one of his first posts in this thread. I think people misread what he was saying as that he had downloaded bootlegs of live songs - he meant he had the demos of the new live songs that were played, like TWAT and IRS and Better.

I'd like to know if Gunzen has downloaded Catcher In The Rye as that one has never been played live.

Dude, don't question him. He makes more money than you and he has a dirt bike and stuff.

You're right man. I've seen the picture of him on the bike wagging his middle finger. I'd like to block his posts so I don't have to read them. Can somebody please tell me how to do this?

Edited by Randy Lahey

To be fair, Gunzen already acknowledged that he downloaded the leaks, and said he believes GN'R may have leaked them intentionally to promote the tour. (He said that in this very thread.) I'm not one to defend Gunzen very often but he did say this in one of his first posts in this thread. I think people misread what he was saying as that he had downloaded bootlegs of live songs - he meant he had the demos of the new live songs that were played, like TWAT and IRS and Better.

Ok, gotcha. So when/if Chinese Democracy leaks, im going to say that I believe the band leaked the album intentionally so that it gives me a reason to download it. Guess that would be a good excuse as any to "steal" from the artist, as Gunzen would put it. And as long as you have a good excuse why you did it then you are clear of any wrong doing.

To be fair, Gunzen already acknowledged that he downloaded the leaks, and said he believes GN'R may have leaked them intentionally to promote the tour. (He said that in this very thread.)

How could he know if they leaked them intentionally? He doesn't know Axl ! He knows nothing that goes on in the band. What gives him the right to assume anything ?

To be fair, Gunzen already acknowledged that he downloaded the leaks, and said he believes GN'R may have leaked them intentionally to promote the tour. (He said that in this very thread.)

How could he know if they leaked them intentionally? He doesn't know Axl ! He knows nothing that goes on in the band. What gives him the right to assume anything ?

Ahh....but Gunzen is Del James.....lol.

Gunzen, you've discussed the leaks and commented on them numerous times. I'm not debating honesty with a blatant liar.

When it comes out, I'll buy it.

When it leaks, I'll download it.

I'd be very surprised if any members of this forum would sit around with their fingers in their ears while the rest of us enjoy/discuss the new tunes we've waited a decade or so to hear.

I wont, and not because I am a "honest guy" but because fuck all the guys who cheat, steal and make it harder for me and my family. If it leaks it will be close, ill just wait. But hey, go ahead, the world need thieves too.

So I assume you've never heard the studio versions of The Blues, I.R.S., Better, Chinese Democracy and Madagascar?

After all, just because they've played them live doesn't mean you're not a 'thief' if you've downloaded the studio versions that are owned by the band/record company.

I guess I've really made things harder for Axl, burning copies of those songs for friends who subsequently went to the 2006 shows and will now buy the album if he ever chooses to release it. And as for Rolling Stone, Classic Rock, and all those magazines that reviewed the leaks and gave GNR free press which they subsequently cashed in on with the same tour, well, I guess they'll all burn in hell too. Nevermind the fact that without leaks, interest in this album would have waned years ago.

So cry me a river. If Axl wants my money, he can put out the damn CD, and he'll get it. If it leaks, great, I'll be the first to download it. He's dangled this album in front of our noses like a fucking carrot on a stick for long enough. Perhaps if he didn't treat his fans with a mixture of contempt and indifference, it would be a different story.

I don't see him offering to reimburse fans who've booked hotels, transport and tickets when he decides to cancel dates at last minute to do recording sessions that never happened, or because the fire marshals are 'out to get him'. I don't see him arranging transport for people who are stranded because he came onstage 3 and a half hours later than stated on the ticket.

Clearly he has no qualms about wasting fans time and money, so anyone who takes some of that time and money back by downloading the album early (should the option be available)? Good for them. It's a little late in the day for Axl Rose to get on his moral high-horse, particularly where 'honesty' is concerned.

if you've downloaded the studio versions that are owned by the band/record company.

I own none of these.

If Axl wants my money, he can put out the damn CD, and he'll get it. If it leaks, great, I'll be the first to download it.

cause you are a disrepectful person when it comes to ther people property. Spin it as you want. You will steal it. Would it be okay if you were an artist and someone got a copy of your work and spread it all over the internet and printed it themselves? I doubt it would. That is what is so funny about you guys. It is okay to steal from someone else, but if you were a contractor I doubt it would be okay for someone else to steal you custom home plans. But hey Axl owes us, lol.

I don't see him offering to reimburse fans who've booked hotels, transport and tickets when he decides to cancel dates at last minute to do recording

Noone does this. There is a certain amoubt of risk you take when you go see someone perform. And I guess you whole trip is ruined if the show cancels (which everyone does). I kinda like road trips and just find something else to do when shit goes bad. You do realize you can steal from everyone cause noone is perfect. You sound like a seriouly weak victem if you blame someone else for your time. I am actually embarrased for you as a dude.

It's a little late in the day for Axl Rose to get on his moral high-horse, particularly where 'honesty' is concerned.

WTF? He is a rock star. The only people whom I hold responsible for their actions are my kids. I dont give a fuck what Axl does.

Difference between you and I am I am not a victim, I am a man. You are a sad child who blames others for the way the world is. Make your mark and stop justifying theft by blaming strangers for not doing what you think they should. You embarass me as a man.

Edited by Elnombre

Is Gunzen really this brainwashed or is it an act? Please someone tell me. :rofl-lol:

Im starting to believe its an act, its hard to believe anybody could be this bad, but I could be wrong.

I am not a victim, and I did see CITR on youtube, and the first time I heard Blues/Better was on the Coca Cola fest. Look, you guys wanna try to pick me apart about some demo leaks fine, but I dont have any of them, and in addition to this I really appreciate the fact that you guys have all banded together to justify taking an artist work for free.

Perhaos instead of trying all this time to try to figure out if I downloaded a 10 year old demo or a youtube video, perhaps you should be asking yourselves if what I said was true, "Would it be okay for someone to steal your art and not pay for it?" And if you can honestly say you dont think it is wrong, then you win.

Those guys all worked and are working hard on this. You guys dont deserve it for free. Neither do I. And trying to guess whether or not I heard/downloaded a leaked song or two from previously played song I paid to see in concert doesnt asnswer my question.

You guys are all diverting the point of my posts. "Is it okay to steal someone elses work?" cause that is what you are all justifying. Deflection aside, you are are championing it. You shoud all be very proud.

And Randy, you dont wanna see my posts about defending a bands right to sell their music instead of some punk stealing it, go somewhere else. I buy my shit. And I dont cry when a show gets cancelled (sacramento 2002, fresno 2006) I just move on my way cause I am not a victim. I made my mark in life, Axl is just a blip on my radar. You cupcakes that sit here and bitch and justify stealing his music are juvenile, and frankly make me a bit sad that there are people who disagree with my point so bad that they will justify theft.

Though I am surprised noone had at least said "Downloading it woud be wrong". I guess it is just more acceptable to take what you want than work for it. Go figure.

Is Gunzen really this brainwashed or is it an act? Please someone tell me. :rofl-lol:

Im starting to believe its an act, its hard to believe anybody could be this bad, but I could be wrong.

I am not a victim, and I did see CITR on youtube, and the first time I heard Blues/Better was on the Coca Cola fest. Look, you guys wanna try to pick me apart about some demo leaks fine, but I dont have any of them, and in addition to this I really appreciate the fact that you guys have all banded together to justify taking an artist work for free.

Perhaos instead of trying all this time to try to figure out if I downloaded a 10 year old demo or a youtube video, perhaps you should be asking yourselves if what I said was true, "Would it be okay for someone to steal your art and not pay for it?" And if you can honestly say you dont think it is wrong, then you win.

Those guys all worked and are working hard on this. You guys dont deserve it for free. Neither do I. And trying to guess whether or not I heard/downloaded a leaked song or two from previously played song I paid to see in concert doesnt asnswer my question.

You guys are all diverting the point of my posts. "Is it okay to steal someone elses work?" cause that is what you are all justifying. Deflection aside, you are are championing it. You shoud all be very proud.

And Randy, you dont wanna see my posts about defending a bands right to sell their music instead of some punk stealing it, go somewhere else. I buy my shit. And I dont cry when a show gets cancelled (sacramento 2002, fresno 2006) I just move on my way cause I am not a victim. I made my mark in life, Axl is just a blip on my radar. You cupcakes that sit here and bitch and justify stealing his music are juvenile, and frankly make me a bit sad that there are people who disagree with my point so bad that they will justify theft.

Though I am surprised noone had at least said "Downloading it woud be wrong". I guess it is just more acceptable to take what you want than work for it. Go figure.

I think it's ok for me to download whatever is leaked. I've spent many thousands on Guns N Roses merchandise and i'll pay for the actual album when or if it physically get's released. Don't act all high and mighty Gunzen some of us die hard's have given Axl more money then he deserves.

Edited by ThinkAboutYou

Chinese Democracy will leak eventually, and people will download it. I will download it immediately. I'll also go to the store the day it's released and buy a copy - maybe even two copies to make you happy, Gunzen. I bought Greatest Hits even though I already owned all the songs because I am a collector/fan. I've never questioned whether or not I'll buy the album. I definitely will. But I have no moral qualms with downloading it, either, and at this point, given the fact that Axl can't seem to will himself to release it by typical standards, given the fact that he's delayed it countless times, and given the fact that the album itself has turned into a long-running laughing joke both inside and outside of the music industry, maybe the best thing for everyone involved would be for the album to leak and just get it out of the way. People will download it, maybe a lot of people who aren't big fans will be happily surprised and be more motivated to consider buying the real thing when it's released. Once the mystique is removed and the album's out there the effort of releasing it to the public may be a far easier task for your misunderstood martyr.

Edited by Estranged Reality

Chinese Democracy will leak eventually, and people will download it. I will download it immediately. I'll also go to the store the day it's released and buy a copy - maybe even two copies to make you happy, Gunzen. I bought Greatest Hits even though I already owned all the songs because I am a collector/fan. I've never questioned whether or not I'll buy the album. I definitely will. But I have no moral qualms with downloading it, either, and at this point, given the fact that Axl can't seem to will himself to release it by typical standards, given the fact that he's delayed it countless times, and given the fact that the album itself has turned into a long-running laughing joke both inside and outside of the music industry, maybe the best thing for everyone involved would be for the album to leak and just get it out of the way. People will download it, maybe a lot of people who aren't big fans will be happily surprised and be more motivated to consider buying the real thing when it's released. Once the mystique is removed and the album's out there the effort of releasing it to the public may be a far easier task for your misunderstood martyr.

make you happy, Gunzen.

no offense but I dont give a shit what you do. I believe sincerely most of you guys will buy it.

But I have no moral qualms with downloading it, either

cause you steal shit, other people's work is not something you respect. I got that.

Axl can't seem to will himself to release it by typical standards,

Is that what he told you?

I like you man, really, you make sense alot on this forum, and seem to be somewhat fair. That notwithstanding you are perfectly willing to steal something because the person who owns it does not do with his own art what you see fit. Really kinda lame. But at least you are honest about it.

I am no martyr. I will sacrafice nothing by not stealing a CD from a rock band. I personally have had some bad breaks in my life, and I just assume get myself some positive kharma and not fuck anyne if I can help it. All I'm saying.

If you think the guaratee that you will buy CD justifies stealing the music from an artist, fine. I just dont, have at it. But stop calling me names and calling me out for doing nothing. Just sayin .

If you plan on buying the album when its released, then you are NOT stealing it, genuis, you are previewing it. Stealing it would be downloading it and not buying the album when its released and just burning a copy and being done with it.

Thats like when you go out to eat, you dont see people getting accused of stealing the food because they eat their meal before they pay for it, do you? If you eat and then skip out on the bill, THATS stealing, but just because you enjoy your meal before you pay for the check, its NOT stealing.

Same thing applies with albums, just because the record company didnt ok the leak, doesnt mean someone is stealing for previewing it. You talk about people calling you names but yet you call EVERYONE theives even if they plan on buying the album, and in ER's case he is going to buy two albums.

Edited by mahimahi

make you happy, Gunzen.

no offense but I dont give a shit what you do. I believe sincerely most of you guys will buy it.

cause you steal shit, other people's work is not something you respect. I got that.

I like you man, really, you make sense alot on this forum, and seem to be somewhat fair. That notwithstanding you are perfectly willing to steal something because the person who owns it does not do with his own art what you see fit. Really kinda lame. But at least you are honest about it.

I am no martyr. I will sacrafice nothing by not stealing a CD from a rock band. I personally have had some bad breaks in my life, and I just assume get myself some positive kharma and not fuck anyne if I can help it. All I'm saying.

If you think the guaratee that you will buy CD justifies stealing the music from an artist, fine. I just dont, have at it. But stop calling me names and calling me out for doing nothing. Just sayin .

Good points, Gunzen. Man, those are some really good points actually. You've changed my mind. I don't know why I said all that stuff. I guess you're right, it's important not to download music from artists if you're not paying for it, even if you buy multiple hard copies. I wasn't taking into account how important it is to make sure Axl can afford that new subscription to "Cigar Aficionado" right on scheduled time. I mean when he decides to put out the album in sync with when he needs a new Lamborghini I wouldn't want to possibly cut him a few pennies short. After all, I wouldn't want to be a "downloading motherfucker." It's time for me to get on board and not fuck off! Thanks for saving me from going down a dark path, I owe ya one. Your brother in Christ,

- ER <3

P.S. Let's grab a beer some time! We can get drunk listening to CDs we bought and we can take out the lyric booklets and read them and go around pubs slapping people who have iPods. It'll be awesome.

Edited by Estranged Reality

Blocking Gunzen's posts is the best move I've made on this board in a long time.

I've found another confirmation of a 2008 release for Chinese Democracy. It just says 2008 on metacritic but gives no date. Here's a link for your enjoyment. http://www.metacritic.com/music/upcomingreleases.shtml

Edited by Randy Lahey

make you happy, Gunzen.

Good points, Gunzen. Man, those are some really good points actually. You've changed my mind. I don't know why I said all that stuff. I guess you're right, it's important not to download music from artists if you're not paying for it, even if you buy multiple hard copies. I wasn't taking into account how important it is to make sure Axl can afford that new subscription to "Cigar Aficionado" right on scheduled time. I mean when he decides to put out the album in sync with when he needs a new Lamborghini I wouldn't want to possibly cut him a few pennies short. After all, I wouldn't want to be a "downloading motherfucker." It's time for me to get on board and not fuck off! Thanks for saving me from going down a dark path, I owe ya one. Your brother in Christ,

- ER <3

P.S. Let's grab a beer some time! We can get drunk listening to CDs we bought and we can take out the lyric booklets and read them and go around pubs slapping people who have iPods. It'll be awesome.

I would love to grab a beer with you man. Seriously, this is all fun n games to me. You obviously love the band and have a working knowledge of it. So be it. I dont care what Axl does with his money, it isnt about the level of success of the person I am stealing from, it is about stealing art in general.

We all profess our own opinions man, I just dont think that it is cool. I dont think it is any less of a crime to steal from a rich man than a poor man. It isnt really bout the money, it is about the art. I guess I am jaded. Axl Rose and GNR have had a profound effect on me, the on my sons life, switching him from Video games to music, and adding to his confidence as a teen. I just dont think I am gonna fuck Axl. Just wont.

If you are ever in California/Bay area you shhot me an email and I will buy you a beer, and you can tell me all the shit you want. Cause I listen and I guaratee no fecal jokes like Randy, or stupid analogies about restaurants. Just beer and stuff.

I have said my peace. And I am not trying to act like a saint, just not gonna fuck anyone if I can help it. Cheers.