Rumored Album Release Dates

The_Terminator

I think it is time for MrSaintLauren to start talking! On the positive note maybe this is just a way for the record company to put some pressure on Axl, but then again we all know that Axl doesn`t mind waiting.

P.S. Where the hell has the thread with new OMG clip gone?

• Replies 4.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Guys, this still doesn't mean anything; HMV have been wrong about those other release dates, I'd say NOT giving us one beats giving us a ridiculously off one.

Until we get anything from Axl himself, we still don't have shit.

Edit: I think you should edit your title- "No current 2008 HMV Release for CD"; I'm just saying, none of us are at any position to jump to conclusions and that title does seem somewhat deceiving.

There's a difference.

HMV have apparently been told directly from the record company that it isn't coming out this year, this time. All the other times, they were wrong about other release dates because the record company didn't inform them, so HMV just bullshitted it.

Are you sure?

Can they actually just bullshit any date out of their asses?

Because I thought there was actually some sort of [obviously wrong] confirmation to those dates- if not from the record company, then from any other source other than HMV. Also, HMV's dates were rather relative to some other rumoured dates, so I doubt it was solely their judgement on the dates.

I think people are reading way too much into the wording here. I don't expect to see the cd this year, but

"no longer has a scheduled release for this year"

DOES NOT equal

"Universal guarantees that this album cannot and will not be released this year".

Didn't we pretty much all assume the album has no release scheduled? The phrase "this year" was sloppily added in that response and IMO unnecessary for the intended response. What have we heard from Universal or GNR (Axl) in the last several months to indicate that we should expect a 2008 release? Nothing new here folks, move along.

Exactly. "No release date for this year" can simply mean they haven't been given a release date for '08 yet, which does not mean they might not be given one in the near future.

This isn't news, its nothing.

Anyways, who gives a fuck what HMV said? Whens the last time they gave us the right release date? Uhm..

Edited by Coma.

LOL! Read it carefully:

this title no longer has a scheduled release date for this year

That simply means that it has no release date for this year for now. It might get one later this year, maybe not.

Friends, IF you get technical about this ... it reads "no longer", which is either added by HMV or means that there was one once and it was abandoned for some reason we don't know.

Where in this information do people get the following,

"Universal is warning retail outlets not to look for any 2008 release"

or

"HMV have been told "no release date for this year" from?

To me it just looks like a message to say to the people who ordered this album (and other albums) that there is no release date as of yet, and therefore it may take some time for the item to become available, because it is a fresh year, isn't that the good thing to do, to keep their customers updated?

or

To me it just looks like a message to say to the people who ordered this album (and other albums) that there is no release date as of yet, and therefore it may take some time for the item to become available, because it is a fresh year, isn't that the good thing to do, to keep their customers updated?

please stop making sense and being level headed. You will get no love for logic here. Please return to "chicken little" mode and commence complaining, or you will be constantly be ripped a new one by thses so called "fans" on this site.

I think you are right. *ducks*

Edited by Gunzen

If it's with the label, I believe it's out of Axls hands. I think the label is just trying to pass it off on somebody else who has the finances to pay for it. I also think that this statement by universal is to get the people who are placing orders off their back until they figure out what they're going to do with this album.

Edited by Mikejones

or

please stop making sense and being level headed. You will get no love for logic here. Please return to "chicken little" mode and commence complaining, or you will be constantly be ripped a new one by thses so called "fans" on this site.

I think you are right. *ducks*

Agreed.

This is HMV's standard statement they issue any time an album listed on their site is removed; they've probably given up listing Chinese Democracy (finally) and just decided to remove it altogether. Instead of giving a lengthy explanation, the default is: "The record company has no plans to release this title." Of course, in this instance, such a statement provokes a big response; but it's generally an easy way for HMV to remove titles from their site and notify people who had placed preorders.

Edited by Estranged Reality

I'm sure the label was just tired of getting phone calls, letters, etc. from disgruntled fans that had ordered CD from HMV on numerous occasions and have yet to recieve a single copy. The label probably is just telling HMV to stop mentioning bogus release dates.

Someone leak the album already? I know there are lurkers here who know shit.

no thanks, Ill wait. I dont mind a few leaks of songs performed in concert. They may have even been released by GNR actually, but I prefer to pay my way. You go ahead and steal it. You fucking punk. I am so damn tired of all this talk of stealing it/downloading. I am no saint but please, stop beggging for freebies. Go to a soup kitchen and STFU.