Film Thread

ssiscool

• Replies 13.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I have the first two seasons of Deadwood waiting to be watched now.

Love me, Angelica.

Might that not have a negative affect on my rapport with Leksi? :unsure:

If your taste is as refined as I give you credit for, you'll be loving me soon, anyway. :tongue2:

Edited by Angelica

Leksi hasn't watched The Wire either so this is your chance to steal a lot of my heart away from her.

I'll probably watch a few episodes tomorrow and see if I can get through them before most of the autumn series come back. There's so many amazing shows starting again in the next few weeks: The Shield, Californication, Dexter, Heroes, Desperate Housewives, Prison Break, CSI, Spooks...

I only have so much time in my evenings for TV! :( Between all of that, work and college I may stop having any social life >_>

Edited by Ridin' the Nightrain

Leksi hasn't watched The Wire either so this is your chance to steal a lot of my heart away from her.

I'll probably watch a few episodes tomorrow and see if I can get through them before most of the autumn series come back. There's so many amazing shows starting again in the next few weeks: The Shield, Californication, Dexter, Heroes, Desperate Housewives, Prison Break, CSI, Spooks...

I only have so much time in my evenings for TV! :( Between all of that, work and college I may stop having any social life >_>

I will buckle down with The Wire eventually. I totally share your enthusiasm for those three shows, but are people really still watching Heroes, Housewives and Prison Break? Really? :huh:

Got part two of the sixth season of The Sopranos now. God, I can't wait to see it, and at the same time, I don't want to because then it will all be over.

But when you get around to watching the whole thing a second time, you'll love it even more. At least that has been my experience. :heart:

Got part two of the sixth season of The Sopranos now. God, I can't wait to see it, and at the same time, I don't want to because then it will all be over.

But when you get around to watching the whole thing a second time, you'll love it even more. At least that has been my experience. :heart:

I hope so. It's a brilliant show. Love your sig, by the way. :)

I will buckle down with The Wire eventually. I totally share your enthusiasm for those three shows, but are people really still watching Heroes, Housewives and Prison Break? Really? :huh:

They don't fall under the 'amazing' category any longer, admittedly, but I still find entertainment in all of them.

The last season of Prison Break was a nice return to form since they were, you know, actually trying to escape from a prison. This season could now go either way considering they're in nearly the exact same position there were in at the start of season 2... definitely make or break time. I really think they should just end it in this season and be done since you can only drag it out for so long. You have to think that if this was a HBO show or something it would've been tied up in 2 or 3 amazing seasons and that would be that. The nature of other network shows means that it's being stretched too far. I'd really like them to just start with a completely new arc, if I'm honest. The thing that was so great about the show was seeing the escape planned etc. All the conspiracy mumbo jumbo has made it too bloated.

Heroes fell victim to the damn writers strike last year so I took it all with a pinch of salt. The overall arc was a much cooler concept than that of the first season but it simply didn't have the time to build enough. It was over before it began.

And, now that I'm thinking about it, I'm going to place Desperate Housewives under the amazing catergory once more and you'll just have to like it. :tongue2: I know it's not an especially 'cool' show to like, even moreso for a 17 year old guy, but I still love all of the characters and the sly, dark sense of humour that is in each episode. The fact this is set five years after the end of the last season should be enough to keep it feeling fresh. It's far from masterfully written but for what it is I think it's ace.

I'm really glad you appreciate The Shield though as that's probably going to be the TV event of this Autumn. I was going to make a thread for it on Tuesday so you better contribute!

Also, I heard yesterday about Duchovny dealing with a 'sex addiction' problem and my first thought was that this better not have an impact on Californication ^_^

Edited by Ridin' the Nightrain

They don't fall under the 'amazing' category any longer, admittedly, but I still find entertainment in all of them.

The last season of Prison Break was a nice return to form since they were, you know, actually trying to escape from a prison. This season could now go either way considering they're in nearly the exact same position there were in at the start of season 2... definitely make or break time. I really think they should just end it in this season and be done since you can only drag it out for so long. You have to think that if this was a HBO show or something it would've been tied up in 2 or 3 amazing seasons and that would be that. The nature of other network shows means that it's being stretched too far. I'd really like them to just start with a completely new arc, if I'm honest. The thing that was so great about the show was seeing the escape planned etc. All the conspiracy mumbo jumbo has made it too bloated.

Heroes fell victim to the damn writers strike last year so I took it all with a pinch of salt. The overall arc was a much cooler concept than that of the first season but it simply didn't have the time to build enough. It was over before it began.

And, now that I'm thinking about it, I'm going to place Desperate Housewives under the amazing catergory once more and you'll just have to like it. :tongue2: I know it's not an especially 'cool' show to like, even moreso for a 17 year old guy, but I still love all of the characters and the sly, dark sense of humour that is in each episode. The fact this is set five years after the end of the last season should be enough to keep it feeling fresh. It's far from masterfully written but for what it is I think it's ace.

I'm really glad you appreciate The Shield though as that's probably going to be the TV event of this Autumn. I was going to make a thread for it on Tuesday so you better contribute!

Also, I heard yesterday about Duchovny dealing with a 'sex addiction' problem and my first thought was that this better not have an impact on Californication ^_^

DD is STILL dealing with that issue? Those stories go way back to the early seasons of TXF, but he always denied them. It'll be good publicity, anyway. :rofl-lol:

I thought the first season of Prison Break was very good, but by the time they were in prison *again*...I don't know, the contrivance outweighed the positive aspects. Heroes to me is like Lost - pretty to look at, entertaining enough, but that's about it. I lost interest in both of them quickly. The only other shows I can think of that I'm attatched to at the moment are Rescue Me and 30 Rock.

To all Australians (and people from other countries who like Australian movies): What would you say are the greatest Australian movies?

Number 1 for me is Chopper. No argument anyone could make will change that. As for the rest, I love The Castle, Two Hands, and a movie called The Razor Eaters which is a bit obscure, but still great.

And of course, Last Train To Freo is an excellent example of an engrossing story with unexpected twists. My number 2 aussie movie after Chopper.

EDIT: Also, has anyone on mygnr seen a french film called "The Man On The Train"? Another fucking great one film buffs should track down!

Edited by Random Hajile

To all Australians (and people from other countries who like Australian movies): What would you say are the greatest Australian movies?

Crocodile Dundee.

That's sad. :question:

Why? It's an all-time classic of its genre. It's warm-hearted and a great send up of the tough Aussie stereotype. It's also funny, which is obviously a bonus.

Are there any famous Aussie actors?

Crocodile Dundee.

That's sad. :question:

Why? It's an all-time classic of its genre. It's warm-hearted and a great send up of the tough Aussie stereotype. It's also funny, which is obviously a bonus.

Are there any famous Aussie actors?

Mel Gibson, Heith Ledger, Eric Bana.

Edited by AbominableHoman

okay theres this aussie film i saw a few years ago but i cant put a name on it.

the cover is a pic of a guy sitting on the edge of a bed and his girl hugging him. or something like that. and its yellow and black.

from what i remember, the guy has problem with premature ejaculation so his girl tells him to go see a therapist. anyway, he comes back, starts fucking her while hes counting 1 to 10 and her girl has multiple orgasms while hes counting.

oh, and theres this one scene, the guy is having his morning piss in a sort of a public bathroom (hostel type building), and theres this fat guy in the shower, standing directly facing him and wanking his balls off.

a very weird film.

oh, and theres this one scene, the guy is having his morning piss in a sort of a public bathroom (hostel type building), and theres this fat guy in the shower, standing directly facing him and wanking his balls off.

a very weird film.

ThomasMeadows??