Film Thread

ssiscool

• Replies 13.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

So within that past two nights, I've watched 3 movies.

Monsters - See previous page

Resident Evil: Afterlife - Not too bad. Entertaining enough.

Damage - Entertaining enough to see Stone Cold Steve Austin beat the shit out of guys

You should watch Black Swan. It's available on the torrent sites.

I have it downloaded. These past movies I've all watched with my friend, so I've held off on Black Swan because I know it's not his type of movie.

Saw true grit last night. I didn't care for it. It was a really slow movie, you can't understand half the shit bridges says and while the little girl played her part great, I think it was a very annoying character.

Really? Wow. I don't think the girl could have been played any better, considering her role. The wit she conveyed came across as authentic and she didn't once really come across as a brat; just a hard headed young woman who was dedicated to avenging her father's death.

It wasn't drastically slow, especially considering it was a western doing it's best to be semi-realistic, and the dialog more than made up for it. Some of the humor was subtle, but it was a great film. As long as I was paying attention I didn't have any problem hearing Bridges speak.

7.5/10

I'm going to watch "Once Upon a Time in America" tonight.

Can't go wrong with Robert De Niro and Sergio Leone.

Yeah, well, what can I say, I loved everything about this movie, perfect cinema. 10/10

Fuck yeah man, too bad the US version castrated the shit out of it. That flick is absolute bliss...fucking love James Woods.

German TV showed the real version, I think. It was almost 4 hours long. 4 hours of "Wow, what an amazing movie!" :D

The Fighter is tits. A little weak as far as boxing action, but a superb drama. I live a stone-throw away from Lowell and I see these kinds of people every weekend.

Bale turned in the best performance of his career. Better than American Psycho, better than homeboy Jim Davis in Harsh Times. He has so much bloody fun as a crackead and he is so nuanced about it.

Props to David O. Russell for getting "Good Times, Bad Times" featured so prominently. Led Zep must have had supreme faith in his movie to license that.

Watched Jerry Maguire. I heard it was one of Cruise's best performances. Seriously? It was so boringggg. :sleeper: He's such an eye candy though. :wub: That's the only thing that stopped me to not turn off the TV.

I tried to watch it a few months ago. I turned it off about 2/3 through. :lol:

Watched Jerry Maguire. I heard it was one of Cruise's best performances. Seriously? It was so boringggg. :sleeper: He's such an eye candy though. :wub: That's the only thing that stopped me to not turn off the TV.

I tried to watch it a few months ago. I turned it off about 2/3 through. :lol:

Oh, I quite like that movie. And the kid is so adorable!

Bought Scott Pilgrim Vs. The World tonight on Blu-ray.

And, even though I really didn't want to, I gave in and bought the 3-disc blu-ray edition of Avatar for $24. I couldn't say "No" to that deal, regardless of whether or not it wasn't one of my favorite movies of that year. :tongue2:

24 bucks!?!? Wow. I mean, I still wouldn't buy it, but I don't blame you at all.

Bought Scott Pilgrim Vs. The World tonight on Blu-ray.

And, even though I really didn't want to, I gave in and bought the 3-disc blu-ray edition of Avatar for $24. I couldn't say "No" to that deal, regardless of whether or not it wasn't one of my favorite movies of that year. :tongue2:

24 bucks!?!? Wow. I mean, I still wouldn't buy it, but I don't blame you at all.

I REALLY didn't want to, but, despite it's Pocahontas storyline, it is beautiful. And yes, $24.