Film Thread

ssiscool

• Replies 13.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

A really bad sequel to a movie similar to Scarface.

Just watched The Boondocks Saints. :wub:

Yeah, I've seen (and own) the first, some of Pacino's finest work.

But what the fuck man, I saw the cover of the second, a ton of black guys, one of wich being P. Diddy?

Tell me this aint written or directed by the same guy...

Edited by Binge_And_Slash

Just watched No Country for Old Men and couldn't be more disappointed with it. I am a huge fan of subtlety, ambiguity, and plot twists, but this film just came across as a poor attempt at depth. Whatever underlying moral it suggests is completely overshadowed by the poor execution of a potentially solid story. It's blend of slasher film, old man reflection, and critique of society didn't seem to amount to anything worth caring about. There is a difference between not giving straight answers and leaving a lot to be desired. This one just didn't hit the spot for me.

I hope There Will Be Blood actually lives up to its frenzy.

Just watched No Country for Old Men and couldn't be more disappointed with it. I am a huge fan of subtlety, ambiguity, and plot twists, but this film just came across as a poor attempt at depth. Whatever underlying moral it suggests is completely overshadowed by the poor execution of a potentially solid story. It's blend of slasher film, old man reflection, and critique of society didn't seem to amount to anything worth caring about. There is a difference between not giving straight answers and leaving a lot to be desired. This one just didn't hit the spot for me.

I hope There Will Be Blood actually lives up to its frenzy.

my friend said its really good

Watched Cloverfield and No Country For Old Men and thought both were brilliant. Cloverfield has had some good reviews but people have slated the monster which i thought was harsh, i loved the monster and thought it was a great idea, it didnt look to CGI amongst the city which was good and the idea of smaller creatures coming from the creature was brilliant. One bit which i didnt expect was when the girl who had been bitten literally exploded just before she was about to be quarantined, i thought the length of the movie was brilliant at a nice 85 minutes. You didn't get the usual bullshit with this monster movie such as when you see what the president thinks and no sad backing music. Cloverfield is definately one of the greatest monster movies there is.

Edited by Calm Like A Bomb

Trading Places is funny. That one Black guy that says "Yeah!" all the time. :lol:

Classic Murphy is always a treat. But alot of the jokes in Trading Places seem lifted in parts from his standup Delirious (which by the way is one of the best standup comedies ever). The black guy that says "Yeah!" to everything reminded me of Murphy's bit on Jame's Brown's backup band and how he would turn to them and ask questions and they would all respond "Yeah!".

I love that film so much. I need to watch it again soon. :(

I found Predator on my PC last night and started watching it. Really wish I didn't cos it's way worse than I remember. It's so obvious why I hate Arnie now. Well, in anything but Terminator 2.

predator_handshake.jpg

I'll allow you to hate Predator 2 (cause it's shite)...but how can you hate the first one? :cry:

Awful acting and shit action sequences are the main problems. And those are pretty fucking big ones.

I just generally hate any action films like that these days, though. People like Arnie and Jean Claude Van-Damme don't deserve to be in the movie industry. You need less than 5 brain cells to be entertained by that shit. Seriously.

Edited by Ridin' the Nightrain

predator_handshake.jpg

That's so cheesy and tacky and whatnot, I always laugh at that particular scene when I see that movie. :lol:

Haha I always call my whole family in to watch it like it's something important, only to remind them how much ass Arnie kicks :lol:. Awesome scene B). 

Dillon. You son of a bitch madgal.gif.

Why do you have to be so mean Ridin'? :( Predator is pure entertainment, and the 5 braincells I use to watch it get one hell of a show B).

Edited by FunkyMonk

Awful acting and shit action sequences are the main problems. And those are pretty fucking big ones.

I just generally hate any action films like that these days, though. People like Arnie and Jean Claude Van-Damme don't deserve to be in the movie industry. You need less than 5 brain cells to be entertained by that shit. Seriously.

Hahaha, shut the fuck up.

Arnie fucking rules and Van Damme rules even more rock3