Film Thread

ssiscool

theres actually a lot to be said for Krissirges point in a demented way. Gary Cooper, John Wayne, Humphrey Bogart, these guys had oodles of presence. not terrific actors though, i mean in the classical "i'm-a-chameleon" sense. Yul Brynner you could lump in that list. only problem is the example of Van Damme he cited makes the whole fucking issue obselete because he cant act...whatsoever. at all. he actually literally seems incapable of entering into any sort of character :lol: and he has absolutely no screen presence WHATSOEVER.

Oh, I know. I'm not saying leading men in these flicks have to be Oscar worthy actors, but some charisma would be nice. Van Damme has so exceedingly little that even William Shatner would make a more compelling action star. :lol:

• Replies 13.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I've recently seen Juno, No Country for Old Men, Seven Samurai and a Norwegian flick called Naboer.

I loved the first three (definitely getting Juno and No Country for Old Men on DVD or Blu-Ray when they're released in Norway), but Naboer was too fucked up for my taste.

I've recently seen Juno, No Country for Old Men, Seven Samurai and a Norwegian flick called Naboer.

I loved the first three (definitely getting Juno and No Country for Old Men on DVD or Blu-Ray when they're released in Norway), but Naboer was too fucked up for my taste.

im interested now, whats it about????

EDIT: looked it up, sounds good, im getting it :lol: means next door right? nods to roman polanski and david lynch?? thats me sold :lol: you should watch Eraserhead or Blue Velvet Lith' ;)

Edited by ffrankwhite

You like stuff like that, Frankie? :lol: Yeah, it means "neighbors". The main person and one of the chicks are like, hitting each other in the face as they are fucking and the chick smears herself in her own blood - it's really fucked up. But the chick is really, really hot, so it kinda gets evened out.

And I don't think it's possible to buy it in the US, but if you are that interested, check it out on eBay or some shit. :lol:

Yeah, I've been meaning to get into mr. Lynch, thanks for the recommendations. ;)

Edited by Lithium

a quick review for My Super Ex Girlfriend

Yes, there are a decent few big-action type scenes... but, IMHO, the quality of the special effects is a bit ropey by today's standards. At some points, anyway.

But outside of that, it was a pretty fun flick. Not laugh-out-loud funny from beginning to end, but there were some good (and inventive) parts. The Rainn Wilson character, I hate to report, was a repellent, irredeemable, shallow, womanizing 'best friend' type who I couldn't imagine why Luke Wilson still liked, and who I personally wanted to stab in the eyeball with an icepick every time I saw him.

But hey, to each their own.