Film Thread

ssiscool

• Replies 13.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Was Alien Resurrection done by Ridley Scott?

I know 1 and 2 were. I never knew about the rest.

I've been watching Midnight Cowboy today, stellar performance by Hoffman, and just for you GOAB, Mr Jon Voight.

Alien was the only one made by Ridley Scott, while Aliens was made by James Cameron. Don't know about the last two, but I think Resurrection was made by some French guy.

Scott only did the first, which is the best and a film I consider among the best horror movies ever made.

yeah I watched 1 to 3 recently - i never noticed how dodgy the graphics were in Alien 3 before!

the version on the disc is quite different to what i saw years ago though - i was sure at the end of 3 it burst out of her as she landed in the molten lead? and didnt the bastard burst out of a dog, not a maggoty cow?

Scott only did the first, which is the best and a film I consider among the best horror movies ever made.

yeah I watched 1 to 3 recently - i never noticed how dodgy the graphics were in Alien 3 before!

the version on the disc is quite different to what i saw years ago though - i was sure at the end of 3 it burst out of her as she landed in the molten lead? and didnt the bastard burst out of a dog, not a maggoty cow?

Yeap, you saw the Directors Cut of Fincher's movie. I happen to like both versions, yet it's a flawed film.

Yeap, you saw the Directors Cut of Fincher's movie. I happen to like both versions, yet it's a flawed film.

ahhhhh i think both version are on there aint they. nice - i got well confused expecting things to happen that didnt. yeah its a hugely flawed but still entertaining enough.

Lithiums mention of some french guy just reminded me of Leon :D

LEON!

Personal favorite of mine. Had my Gary Oldman signature from that for awhile.

That reminds me I saw Dracula the one with Oldman great movie.

I laughed at every Keanu Reves part though.

LEON!

I really don't know what Francis Ford Coppala was thinking with that one. Putting an amazing actor next to a silly one, it just magnified how stiff Keanu can be.

LEON!

I really don't know what Francis Ford Coppala was thinking with that one. Putting an amazing actor next to a silly one, it just magnified how stiff Keanu can be.

The studio wanted a young demographic according to Coppola.

Am i the only person that didn't get A Scanner Darkly, or more to the point couldn't get into it.

I was slightly disapointed in it, more because I wasnt familiar with the book and how strange it is. Loved the rotoscope and of course anything with Robert Downey Jr in it is worth watching, but was pretty unconvenional.

A Scanner Darkly happens to be Axl's favorite book.

Am i the only person that didn't get A Scanner Darkly, or more to the point couldn't get into it.

I was slightly disapointed in it, more because I wasnt familiar with the book and how strange it is. Loved the rotoscope and of course anything with Robert Downey Jr in it is worth watching, but was pretty unconvenional.

A Scanner Darkly happens to be Axl's favorite book.

The book is great. I still haven't seen the movie yet...I like the director but Keanu and Winona Ryder are putting me off from seeing it.

Nice sig btw...I was looking at it and thought "Wait a minute...something is a bit different about this last supper..." :P

Sly, regarding the music in the scene from Heat I mentioned it's not Moby. It's William Orbit and it's called 'The Last Lagoon' IIRC.

Moby's music does make that film though. I've got to the stage where I just buy/download soundtracks for Mann's films as soon as I can.

I'm beginning to think I'm the only person who wanted Hanna to take McCauley out. I don't think Mann's a nihilist at all. While his characters are often similar there's always a clear distinction between what's right and what's wrong.

@ GOAB: Mogwai = near perfect.

ahhhhh i think both version are on there aint they. nice - i got well confused expecting things to happen that didnt. yeah its a hugely flawed but still entertaining enough.

I turned Alien 3 off halfway through in disgust at what they did to a phenomenal saga. Alien and Aliens are amazing though.