Film Thread

ssiscool

• Replies 13.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Aw jeez I just realise No Country for Old Men is a Coen Brothers movie. I missed that text message. Or my fake bootleg copy has fake director credits. I guess I'll have to watch it now. Will it take down Fargo. I doubt it but I couldn't read that McCarthy Cowboy Apocalypse novel so...lets roll

Just came back from a date seeing There Will Be Blood. I liked it a lot, didn't like the ending though.

The ending's so over the top. When Daniel Day-Lewis first starts to chase after Eli across the bowling alley and mocks his "superstition," the little crazy old-man dance he does is just hysterical. The ending was horrible but, at the same time, I loved it. I also liked the long thread of drool that hangs out of Day-Lewis' mouth during the milkshake bit. He just keeps on shouting. :rofl-lol:

I just watched Cruel Intentions for the first time the other night. I had the opportunity to see it when it came out but never did, wish I had done now.

I thought it was just an excuse to see Sarah Michelle Gellar place a bit of tonsil tennis with another girl, but it's alot more then that. The story was very good and Sebastian the main male character is so cocky it's fun to watch. The ending is a total shocker though.

I've been watching movies alittle bit more often now that i've moved and there's no satellite or cale.. which blows.. but anyway.. one i've been watching lately is mystic river... I think it's a pretty damn good movie.. the whole story and the cast of course is excellent.. Kevin Bacon, Sean Penn, Tim Robbins, and Morphius as I like to call him.. AKA Lawrence Fishburn... if you havent seen it, I recommend it.. and if you have.. please discuss

Just saw American Gangster. I love Ridley and Denzel but I don't see what all the hype behind this movie was about.

I saw Michael Clayton before it....another meh.

I hope no country for old men and there will be blood turn out better.

American Gangster is good, not great. The best thing about it is Rusell, IMO.

Clayton is totally meh.

Those two, especially There Will Be Blood, are excellent.

Edited by Angelica

Just saw American Gangster. I love Ridley and Denzel but I don't see what all the hype behind this movie was about.

Clayton is totally meh.

Cool, I'm looking forward to checking them out in that case...

I still can't believe Tilda Swinton won an oscar for her role in Michael Clayton. She had maybe 10 minutes of screen time total... :blink: Not to mention George Clooney was nominated for an oscar...for playing himself yet again.

Eh...

i think i got halfway through michael clayton and just got bored. never really understand what was going on and that kid and that mental case, what was all that about? i'm willing to give it another go though. does it get better?

All you need to know is some big company that fucked over hundreds of people with their product hire a law firm to represent them over a lawsuit. This law firm's lead attorney flips his gourd and starts compiling evidence to hand over to the plaintiff's side. Clooney is the fixer/bagman that tries to get Tom Wilkinson's head out of his ass so that he can do his job of defending this company. Hijinks ensue when Tom doesn't play ball.

To answer your question, no it doesn't get better. Go watch The Firm, atleast that's entertaining.

Clayton is totally meh.

Cool, I'm looking forward to checking them out in that case...

I still can't believe Tilda Swinton won an oscar for her role in Michael Clayton. She had maybe 10 minutes of screen time total... :blink: Not to mention George Clooney was nominated for an oscar...for playing himself yet again.

Eh...

No kidding, on all counts. And the best picture nomination was a travesty as well. Over stuff like The Assassination of Jesse James..., Into the Wild, Control, A Mighty Heart, Zodiac etc. :rolleyes:

what is so GREAT about there will be blood? please, enlighten me people.

Paul Thomas Anderson & Daniel Day Lewis.

:)

that would be like saying you like welcome to the jungle because it's a song from gnr, because axl is the singer.

i want to know why there will be blood, as a film, why the film is getting so much praise.

is it purely because of the perfomances of daniel day lewis?

i want to know the heart of what there will be blood is. what makes it as a film so great.

i want to know the heart of what there will be blood is. what makes it as a film so great.

Forgive my wiseass retort, I'm used to talking like that.

I think it is the combination of talent at hand and the simplicity of the story. It's an epic, sprawling tale about the thirst for greed and how ambitious people can capatalize on it. Some have compared it to Citizen Kane but I won't go down that road, just to say they're both films that touch on the corruption of the soul. It's a strange period peice for somone like Anderson to do, who is showing he shouldnt be pigeonheld down to a genre and seventies music. Lastly DDL is one of the most prolific actors to grace the screen in the last twenty years. When he makes a movie (roughly every five or six years) there are plenty of people to watch it.

Has anybody seen "Little Children"?? Good movie with a good sex scene with Kate Winslet of "Titanic" fame. Its hard to explain the premise but I recommend it. The last 20 minutes, I didn't know what the hell was gonna happen.

See this movie!