Film Thread

ssiscool

• Replies 13.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I've seen the first season. It isn't - trust me. ;)

I liked the Sopranos but The Wire is much better plotted imho. The Sopranos is more entertaining than The Wire I'll concede...

Nope Keanu Reeves is better. Noone can do the keanu look like he can

Reeves is a plank of wood that I enjoy watching.

Reeves is a plank of wood that I enjoy watching.

Duuude, have you SEEN Bill and Ted? Far from plank of wood-worthy.

Although, I agree that ever since the Matrix, Keanue Reeves has played the same character for all his movies. :lol: (Constantine was still kickass)

I tried with The Wire. I tried quite hard because David Simon was partially responsible for Homicide, which is one of my all time favorite shows. But it never grabbed me. From the handful of episodes I saw, there's nothing in the writing or acting or overall execution that I could reasonably find fault with. I just didn't care.

Maybe I'll try again eventually, an awful lot of people whose taste I admire dig it.

I tried with The Wire. I tried quite hard because David Simon was partially responsible for Homicide, which is one of my all time favorite shows. But it never grabbed me. From the handful of episodes I saw, there's nothing in the writing or acting or overall execution that I could reasonably find fault with. I just didn't care.

Maybe I'll try again eventually, an awful lot of people whose taste I admire dig it.

It took me about 6 or so episodes to really get into it. I was thinking of moving onto another show around the 3 episode mark myself. It gets a lot better though, particularly towards the end. Definitely worth revisiting in your case...

To move away from your smarty-pants shows...I watched Dukes of Hazard last night; and it kicks ass. Such a fun movie. Johnny Knoxville is just...really cool B).

And Jessica Simpson is pretty smokin' in it.

Edited by FunkyMonk

anyone like 28 days later & 28 weeks later?

i think they're very good films

Yeah.

Danny Boyle is versatile director, and he made the first film (and the second to a lesser extent) really special for it's genre.

He made zombies(infected) scary again after generations of mopy dopy lurching undead flicks.

I happen to prefer the second to the first, because it's got more Aliens pumped up action in it. Love the whole American quarentine plot, it works well in todays light. Plus that film just had of the most bad ass action sequences in it, including the helicopter assault.

Edited by appetite4illusions

anyone like 28 days later & 28 weeks later?

i think they're very good films

Yeah.

Danny Boyle is versatile director, and he made the first film (and the second to a lesser extent) really special for it's genre.

He made zombies(infected) scary again after generations of mopy dopy lurching undead flicks.

I happen to prefer the second to the first, because it's got more Aliens pumped up action in it. Love the whole American quarentine plot, it works well in todays light. Plus that film just had of the most bad ass action sequences in it, including the helicopter assault.

i prefer the 2nd one aswell

although the opening scenes in the animal lab in the first movie is pretty fukin disturbing

It's a slow burner but once you get into it then you'll just love it more and more every episode.

Most people don't have enough patience to stick with it to really see the story arcs and characters build. It's annoying. Definitely a show for intelligent people.

:(

j/k. I think the main problem on my part was expectations I had relating to Homicide: Life on the Street. I don't know if any of you Wire fans are familiar with it, but it was a long-running Baltimore based cop show, created by Barry Levinson and based on a non-fiction book by David Simon. Simon also came onboard as a writer and producer a few seasons down the track. I love it dearly and I think I went into The Wire with an unreasonable hope of it being more in the same vein. I'll give it another shot someday.