Film Thread

ssiscool

• Replies 13.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Mr Brooks is awesome, but then again I'm a big Kevin Costner fan.

Well I just finished watching it, and wow! That was an excellent movie. Costner was great in it.

Had my wife and I guessing through the whole movie.

Edited by Becket

After seeing it for the first time last year, I finally got my own copy of 'Kiss Kiss Bang Bang' amd watched it on Sunday.

What an awesome film ^_^

Yes, it is. :heart:

What do you guys think of the two upcoming Hobbit films?

:sleeper: - that about sums up my feelings.

Edited by Angelica

After seeing it for the first time last year, I finally got my own copy of 'Kiss Kiss Bang Bang' amd watched it on Sunday.

What an awesome film ^_^

Yes, it is. :heart:

What do you guys think of the two upcoming Hobbit films?

:sleeper: - that about sums up my feelings.

If Peter Jackson were directing, I probably wouldn't care. But Del Toro is a far better director and The Hobbit is tons better than Lord of the Rings (as books), so I'm hoping for the best.

The only thing that bothers me is the fact that it's going to be done as two films... the novel wasn't as long as any of the Lord of the Rings books if memory serves correctly and I think it could be pulled off easily within two hours. A couple three-hour movies (which is what they're aiming for) is ridiculous and more proof that Jackson - who's still producing - is worse than George Lucas. The guy should have learned from King Kong.

I don't have anything against long films, but this idea that making something long automatically makes it "epic" is laughable. That's the impression I got from certain moments in Lord of the Rings. He tried far too hard to present the material as being really epic and dramatic and as a result failed to represent the lighter and fantastical side of the story. It was like "Braveheart" with Hobbits. I love Braveheart, by the way. I'm just saying, he totally aped the typical Lawrence of Arabia/David Lean "epic" style and it didn't work well for those films IMO.

But then again I seem to be the only person on earth who disliked Lord of the Rings.

I've never been a fan of all that fantasy shit. However, I am intrigued by Del Toro taking over this franchise...

I wish we could see more movies like Starship Troopers and less films like Lord of the Rings...films like the latter have been done to death recently.

But then again I seem to be the only person on earth who disliked Lord of the Rings.

No, there's at least two of us...

i have an in-built predudice towards that shit and i dont know why. Harry Potter, that fuckin Lord Of The Rings shit, it bothers me really...should watch shit before you judge. Star Wars too enters into that...

I love the LOTR trilogy more than anything so I was really dubious about The Hobbit and the Fellowship prequel being made. Usually after a great trilogy any further films just taint the series. Considering LOTR is the greatest trilogy ever made the smart money was on this being the case again.

Then Del Toro was announced and I now have complete and utter faith it will be just as amazing as the other films. Despite the fact he's done some shit films (Blade 2 and Hellboy) he's proven himself to be an amazing director with The Devil's Backbone and, more specifically, Pan's Labyrinth. Considering how those two films combine fantasy and drama he seems like the perfect guy to take over work on LOTR. With Del Toro's amazing skills and Peter Jackson's support I really can't wait for 2010 to roll around.

Boo to the naysayers of Lord of the Rings!

You know it's true. Indiana Jones is a damn fine trilogy and were it not for Part 3 then The Godfather could be a contender, but I still rank LOTR so much higher.

Edit: Oh, shit, Chan-wook Park's Vengeance trilogy is easily the second best actually. How did I forget that?

Edited by Ridin' the Nightrain

You know it's true. Indiana Jones is a damn fine trilogy and were it not for Part 3 then The Godfather could be a contender, but I still rank LOTR so much higher.

Edit: Oh, shit, Chan-wook Park's Vengeance trilogy is easily the second best actually. How did I forget that?

This is the best trilogy ever made.

Considering LOTR is the greatest trilogy ever made the smart money was on this being the case again

haven't seen em so i cant comment but fuck, lofty comparison there with The Godfather...Three Colors anyone? Warhols Flesh, Trash, Heat? Paella Trilogy, stylistically at least piss all over most movies i can bring to mind..

and what the fuck makes Indiana Jones even a contender?!?!

Edited by ffrankwhite

The fact all three movies are great.

they're just...like 2 hour hard ons totally lacking in substance which by itself is OK cuz they're not really that kind of movie but...whats great bout em? straight forward emotive 80s directing...good...entertaining...great? right, okay..

Park's Vengeance trilogy is in a class of its own. I wouldn't compare it to anything else out there. As far as action/adventure trilogies are concerned, nothing quite beats the original Star Wars. I don't care for Lord of the Rings. I just don't.

Edited by bluesy

saw Bio-Dome the other day.... let's just say - that's acting at its finest!

Steven Baldwin & Paulie Shore are on top of their game in this classic.

This won some awards didn't it.... no? .... (crickets chirp) :confused2:

saw Bio-Dome the other day.... let's just say - that's acting at its finest!

Steven Baldwin & Paulie Shore are on top of their game in this classic.

This won some awards didn't it.... no? .... (crickets chirp) :confused2:

oh yeah pauly shore is king

some great pauly shore films include

encino man

in the army now

jury duty

biodome

pauly shore is dead

Edited by ThinkAboutYou

saw the remake of Day Of The Dead....it was crap

Agreed, terrible movie.

I got these in the mail today:

Patton

The Silence of the Lambs

Platoon

Casablanca

Summer of Sam

Citizen Kane

Heat

Ladykillers

Citizen Kane

Ladykillers

Casablanca

Patton

Silence Of The Lambs

Summer Of Sam

Platoon

Heat

in that order...not that the latter ones are shit, just a great bunch of movies. actually, Heat is shit :xmasssanta: or i think so.