Patton

The Silence of the Lambs

Platoon

Casablanca

Summer of Sam

Citizen Kane

Heat

Ladykillers

Heat is shit :xmasssanta: or i think so.

Now you take that back you bastard :rofl-lol:

Heat is a modern master piece

saw Bio-Dome the other day.... let's just say - that's acting at its finest!

Steven Baldwin & Paulie Shore are on top of their game in this classic.

This won some awards didn't it.... no? .... (crickets chirp) :confused2:

oh yeah pauly shore is king

some great pauly shore films include

encino man

in the army now

jury duty

biodome

pauly shore is dead

never saw Paulie Shore is Dead... it was a preview on the Dodgeball dvd though. Just haven't had the courage to pick it up at Blockbuster yet.

saw the remake of Day Of The Dead....it was crap

Agreed, terrible movie.

I got these in the mail today:

Patton

The Silence of the Lambs

Platoon

Casablanca

Summer of Sam

Citizen Kane

Heat

Ladykillers

Heat is shit :xmasssanta: or i think so.

Now you take that back you bastard :rofl-lol:

Heat is a modern master piece

Ya frank you better take it back. SylvesterStallone is gonna be pissed when he reads that. :lol:

Agreed, terrible movie.

Patton

The Silence of the Lambs

Platoon

Casablanca

Summer of Sam

Citizen Kane

Heat

Ladykillers

Summer of Sam is a really underrated film. It's one of my all time favorite Lee movies.

actually, Heat is shit :xmasssanta: or i think so.

:o :o :o :o :o

commando.jpg

You know it's true. Indiana Jones is a damn fine trilogy and were it not for Part 3 then The Godfather could be a contender, but I still rank LOTR so much higher.

Edit: Oh, shit, Chan-wook Park's Vengeance trilogy is easily the second best actually. How did I forget that?

This is the best trilogy ever made.

I saw that movie in theaters opening night as a kid and loved it. I am so embarassed.... :lol:

Anyway the best trilogy for me is either Chan-wook Park's vengeance trilogy or The Colors trilogy.

Heat has one of the best endings ever.

Indiana Jones has a weak second chapter, and now that a fourth film is coming out you can't really call it a trilogy anymore. For what it's worth, they gave test screenings amongst distributors at Paramount last week (they have to do this with all films prior to release) and it got a terrible reception from the people who saw it there. They weren't supposed to speak up about it, but a few people came forward with comments anyway. One review was almost scathingly harsh and just tore the film apart. I guess all those rumours that the film was being under-promoted early on because it had disastrous test screenings is true after all. Of course George Lucas telling us not to get our hopes up doesn't instill much faith either.

Back to the Future has a weak third part as does The Godfather. Neither are particularly bad but they both pale in comparison to their predecessors. I'm not sure what the best trilogy of all time is in my opinion - I'd have to think about it a while to be honest. There haven't been many stand-outs. There always seems to be a weak chapter.

Edited by Estranged Reality

People rag on the 3rd Godfather too much, it was still really awesome, perhaps not as much as the other two, but still really good. The TV Guide over here gave it 1 star a few weeks back, it's bullshit like that that is just stupid.

Agreed, terrible movie.

Patton

The Silence of the Lambs

Platoon

Casablanca

Summer of Sam

Citizen Kane

Heat

Ladykillers

Summer of Sam is a really underrated film. It's one of my all time favorite Lee movies.

I saw that.

Good film.

Very underrated.

People rag on the 3rd Godfather too much, it was still really awesome, perhaps not as much as the other two, but still really good. The TV Guide over here gave it 1 star a few weeks back, it's bullshit like that that is just stupid.

I think all the incest innuedos is what turned people off.

saw Bio-Dome the other day.... let's just say - that's acting at its finest!

Steven Baldwin & Paulie Shore are on top of their game in this classic.

This won some awards didn't it.... no? .... (crickets chirp) :confused2:

oh yeah pauly shore is king

some great pauly shore films include

encino man

in the army now

jury duty

biodome

pauly shore is dead

never saw Paulie Shore is Dead... it was a preview on the Dodgeball dvd though. Just haven't had the courage to pick it up at Blockbuster yet.

Hard to find the courage to watch any Pauly Shore film, but you can do it buddy.

I forgot son In Law that movie is a must watch :lol:

http://www.paulyshore.com/ :lol:

I visited Paulys store and he only has one thing for sale :lol:

Edited by ThinkAboutYou

You know what; you're right. I can't think of one strict trilogy without a clear pitfall. Thematical trilogies such as Three Colours, on the other hand... :wub:

see you know what im talking bout right!! :) for a second i thought i was the only one who'd seen that *smacks the book out of her hands* :lol:

and Heat is a piece of shit, Al Pacino and Robert De Niro trying to look like they're concentrating for nigh on 2 hours wondering where their talent went, gimme a fuckin break.

Godfather III is wonderful as a movie, ties the others together beautifully...Michael Corleone searching for redemption and getting the fucking direct opposite. now THAT is a perfect ending...

Edited by ffrankwhite

and Heat is a piece of shit, Al Pacino and Robert De Niro trying to look like they're concentrating for nigh on 2 hours wondering where their talent went, gimme a fuckin break.

Frank, you tend to oversimplify things you dislike, which is fine - but then you have to be willing to accept that things you love can be just as ignorantly oversimplified. King of NY? Chris Walken trying to look badass for 2 hours wondering why he didn't get a better hair stylist. Godfather III? Al Pacino sitting around looking mopey for three hours. See what I mean? Those films aren't that simple, and neither is Heat. It's not as flawless as some would claim - but it's one of the better films of the '90s, one of the most complex character-oriented crime films ever made, and it has not only very good direction and screenwriting but both Pacino and De Niro's last truly great performances.

Exactly. Heat probably wouldn't make my top 10, or maybe top 20, but it's an amazing film regardless.

ER basically hit the nail on the head. It has amazing character depth and development for what is essentially a crime film, wonderful directing and it blends great drama and action into a cat-and-mouse chase scenario. Top film.

I hated Godfather III mostly because of the wretched performances of Coppola's daughter and Andy Garcia. The ruined it for me. Garcia's character should not have been in the movie imho. Either that or he should have been recast.

You know Garcia was nominated for best supporting actor for that role?

As for Sophia Coppola, she isnt much of an actress, but she was as cute as a bell and I like her better then Winonna Ryder (which is a testament to how much I'm not fond of Winonna).

I really missed Robert Duvall, George Hamilton and his tan were no substitute. I got that it wasn't supposed to be as much of a mobster film, but ultimately that's what everybody wanted to see. Props to fat man Coppola for the ending though, I really liked how he ended the series on such an emotional note.

I hated Godfather III mostly because of the wretched performances of Coppola's daughter and Andy Garcia. The ruined it for me. Garcia's character should not have been in the movie imho. Either that or he should have been recast.

You know Garcia was nominated for best supporting actor for that role?

As for Sophia Coppola, she isnt much of an actress, but she was as cute as a bell and I like her better then Winonna Ryder (which is a testament to how much I'm not fond of Winonna).

I really missed Robert Duvall, George Hamilton and his tan were no substitute. I got that it wasn't supposed to be as much of a mobster film, but ultimately that's what everybody wanted to see. Props to fat man Coppola for the ending though, I really liked how he ended the series on such an emotional note.

Oscar nominated? Really? :shocked: I don't like Garcia much as an actor but I found him annoying in Godfather 3. Shucks...guess I'm in the minority then.

I missed Duvall a lot and I thought the plot of the film was a bit weak. Great ending though and Al as always was superb. This movie should have been made right after Godfather 2. The time lapse in between hurt the film imho.

I just watched Rob Zombie's Halloween.

You think he'd change his formula up a bit for a film like that but apparently not. I mean, I liked The Devil's Rejects, but come on, this is basically the same film with Michael Myers in it. I don't like the original Halloween films either so this isn't some fanboy vendetta.

I just watched Rob Zombie's Halloween.

You think he'd change his formula up a bit for a film like that but apparently not. I mean, I liked The Devil's Rejects, but come on, this is basically the same film with Michael Myers in it. I don't like the original Halloween films either so this isn't some fanboy vendetta.

Oh god, that fucking thing sucked... :(