Film Thread

ssiscool

• Replies 13.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Anyone see Smokin' Aces?

Pretty good, a bit of a mess at times but funny, violence, nudity, guns, drugs...

I thought it was pretty bad dude...Joe Carnahan the director is pretty damn cool...but this was a misfire imho. Nothing really worked, the way it was shot, the dialogue, the action...I just didn't really care for any of it. It was pretty forgettable. Even good directors screw up from time to time (Mann w/Miami Vice, DePalma with pretty much everything after Mission Impossible,etc).

Yeah it was badly made, like I said it was messy. But I enjoyed it. I couldn't tell you what the story was tho.

I really havent seen many good movies recently. It will be on cinemax and I'll watch it again, laugh at it.

I thought it was intentionally chaotic, but then I started to think they didn't know what was going on.

I remember it fondly. So they were actually trying to make a serious movie? It was like a B-movie remake of True Romance.

Like No Country For Old Men is a class but I couldn't watch it. I loved Fargo but I could keep focused on No Country.

I need a movie to hire out tonight, but I can't think of anything. Sadly I think I've asked this question too late as there's probably no awesome movie people are online right now :(. Still though, I want a weird (quirky would be a better word) sort of sarcastic comedy, but I can't for the life of me think of any that I haven't seen.

Edited by FunkyMonk

I need a movie to hire out tonight, but I can't think of anything. Sadly I think I've asked this question too late as there's probably no awesome movie people are online right now :(. Still though, I want a weird (quirky would be a better word) sort of sarcastic comedy, but I can't for the life of me think of any that I haven't seen.

Pecker. Better off Dead. Cabin Boy. The Burbs. Dead Man on Campus. Kingpin. Groundhog Day. Caddyshack. Love Stinks.

Best I can do off the top of my head. Most of those I doubt you can find in the video store though...

I just ended up getting Blues Brothers, among others. Guranteed enjoyment right there I tells ya, what a classic.

I was going to get Dr. Strangelove, but alas, my terrible video store doesn't have it and the idiot girl there had never heard of it.

Guillermo del Toro is going to do the next two LOTR films.

Guillermo del Toro 'Hobbit' deal closes

Will direct the film and its sequel in New Zealand

Staff report

April 24, 2008

After protracted negotiations, Guillermo del Toro has closed his deal Wednesday to direct "The Hobbit" and its sequel for New Line and MGM.

The Mexican helmer will move to New Zealand for the next four years to work with "The Lord of the Rings" filmmaker Peter Jackson, who is exec producing, and his Wingnut and WETA production teams.

Del Toro will helm the two films back to back, telling the story of "The Hobbit," and its sequel, which will deal with the 60-year period between "The Hobbit" and "The Fellowship of the Ring," the first of the "Rings" trilogy.

Del Toro's next movie is the upcoming Universal release "Hellboy 2: The Golden Army."

He's done some dodgy mainstream shit but The Devil's Backbone and, more specifically, Pan's Labyrinth has proved this guy to be an amazing director. With the help of Jackson and co. I can't see this being anything other than AMAZING.

Hard Core Logo. :heart: All you Canadians can probably get it fairly easily, so you should check it out.

I just ended up getting Blues Brothers, among others. Guranteed enjoyment right there I tells ya, what a classic.

I love that film so much. The barroom scenes especially.

"What kind of music do you usually have here?"

"Oh, we got both kinds. Country and Western."

Guillermo del Toro is going to do the next two LOTR films.

Ahh, Pan's Labyrinth. :heart: Although I think they need to let go of the whole Lord of the Rings thing already.

Hard Core Logo. :heart: All you Canadians can probably get it fairly easily, so you should check it out.

It actually has massive cult status around here...highly revered.

Great movie...the guy (Hugh Dillon) who plays the lead is a musician in real life.He was in a band called the Headstones for years (he's ventured into acting now).

little fact: Hugh totally improvised the ending of the movie,it proved to be so powerful they decided to keep it in.

As a former traveling punk rock kinda guy,I can't tell you how much of that movie rings true!

ffrank...check it out

Regarding T4 that aparently has changed it's name.

The rather excellently named Moon Bloodgood, last seen in the cancelled-just-as-it-got-good time-travel show Journeyman is apparently in final negotiations to become the female lead. Whether this is still the previously-mentioned resistance pilot Blair or another character isn't clear.

and from Digital Spy

Arnold Schwarzenegger has revealed he would like to appear in the new Terminator film.

The actor turned politician, who is currently the Governor of California, found fame in the sci-fi series and admitted he would like to have a role in the fourth franchise instalment, providing it shoots in his adopted state.

He said: "I've never had a dialogue with anyone about it. But if they shoot the movie in California, I would [be a part of it], yes."

The new Terminator film begins shooting next month under the direction of Charlie's Angels helmer McG. Christian Bale, Sam Worthington, Anton Yelchin and Moon Bloodgood are among the cast.

I bought Silverado yesterday, watching it now, its a very under rated western

Thats a good movie. A classic. Kevin Costner is a bit daft in that movie though...

I watched the making of extra and it was all his idea after he was told he wouldn't be one of the standout hero's.

Danny Glover is great in it, damn i love a good western

Thats a good movie. A classic. Kevin Costner is a bit daft in that movie though...

I watched the making of extra and it was all his idea after he was told he wouldn't be one of the standout hero's.

You ever see Tombstone? imho that was the best western of the 90's....I liked it even more than Unforgiven...

This guy was too fuckin cool:

doc1.jpg

You ever see Tombstone? imho that was the best western of the 90's....I liked it even more than Unforgiven...

doc1.jpg

I haven't been under a rock sly :rofl-lol:

Im not a huge fan of Unforgiven to be honest, Tombstone is a far better film.

Val Kilmer adds a really cool charm to Doc " I'm your huckleberry "

doc1.jpg

Doc Holliday was a total scene stealer. I gotta admit man, I was a little misty eyed when Doc was on his death bed...somebody should have kept the alcohol away from the guy... :rofl-lol:

What did you think of Open Range? Costner sure loves westerns.... :P

doc1.jpg

Doc Holliday was a total scene stealer. I gotta admit man, I was a little misty eyed when Doc was on his death bed...somebody should have kept the alcohol away from the guy... :rofl-lol:

What did you think of Open Range? Costner sure loves westerns.... :P

I haven't seen it, not through choice just never got round to it.

One of the best films ive seen in the last year could be considered a modern western,The Three Burials of Melquiades Estrada, fucking great film.

Guest Satanisk_Slakt

I might just have seen the worst movie ever. It was called Mars Attack or something. Might have been Attack from Mars. Not sure.