Film Thread

ssiscool

1408 in dvd has a different ending as that of the movie...anyone know why?

Hmm, I'm not sure. I'd like to see it. I really enjoyed 1408. A lot.

EDIT: Has anyone heard anything about There Will Be Blood? We've got it here at the house and I'm debating if I want to watch that or Walk Hard.

i watched the start of there will be blood. there's a real lack of dialouged at the start of the movie when they are drilling for oil...kinda bored me so i stopped watching it

Ah, I see. I thought it would be pretty good since Daniel Day Lewis was in it. Oh well, I'll probably give it a try this weekend.

• Replies 13.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

EDIT: Has anyone heard anything about There Will Be Blood? We've got it here at the house and I'm debating if I want to watch that or Walk Hard.

It's not for everyone. I watched it and really enjoyed it though. I'd say give it a shot.

Anyone wanna recommend some movies to watch?

saw Million Dollar Baby again the other night...blew me away. i REALLY love Clint Eastwood, i would seriously need like...a few hours to really even begin to touch upon what a credit he truly is to the film industry, i have such a disgustingly detailed knowledge of his career, its almost anal in its detail, he's really one of my heroes (another :rolleyes::lol:). never has such a no nonsense...i honestly cant find the word for it at the moment, the way his...body of work has...explored masculinity and...matured and the criminally under-credited early movies of his such as The Beguiled, Play Misty for Me, Bird, The Honky Tonk Man have all sort of...added and complimented this...picture he seems to be painting with his lifes work...i cant even begin to explain to you what im trying to explain here but...its the most human thing i think. endearingly human.

shit, i cant call it..

Edited by ffrankwhite

I read the book of short stories and I think maybe one of the endings is like the book and one is more like the movie ending?

Some good stories in that book btw.

Watched "Shattered Glass" over the weekend. Pretty good movie about a reporter for the New Republic who fabricated stories. Peter Sarsgard,"Annakin Skywalker", Chloe Sevigny are in it. Good performances all around.

It's brilliant. Walk Hard is pretty good as well. Tends to drag on a bit but an enjoyable flick nonetheless. There Will Be Blood is by far the better film though.

saw Million Dollar Baby again the other night...blew me away. i REALLY love Clint Eastwood, i would seriously need like...a few hours to really even begin to touch upon what a credit he truly is to the film industry, i have such a disgustingly detailed knowledge of his career, its almost anal in its detail, he's really one of my heroes (another :rolleyes::lol:). never has such a no nonsense...i honestly cant find the word for it at the moment, the way his...body of work has...explored masculinity and...matured and the criminally under-credited early movies of his such as The Beguiled, Play Misty for Me, Bird, The Honky Tonk Man have all sort of...added and complimented this...picture he seems to be painting with his lifes work...i cant even begin to explain to you what im trying to explain here but...its the most human thing i think. endearingly human.

shit, i cant call it..

Right on dude!

You seen Flags of our Fathers or Letters To Iwo Jima?

Rented three more movies tonight.

Alien VS Predator Requiem

Did you see that yet?

How is it? I'm thinking about buying that on the weekend, but my friend said it really sucked bad.

But my friend thinks alot of good movies suck.

Did you see that yet?

How is it? I'm thinking about buying that on the weekend, but my friend said it really sucked bad.

..wait till it hits the 6.99 bin

Watchin doc hollywood in the background as im typin this and doin uni work. Anyone remember that feel good flick with micheal j fox? I used to love it when i was like 11. its dated a little but still makes ya feel all warm and fuzzy inside. Kinda like that flick paradise with don johnson melanie giffiths, elijah wood and that chick from american beauty, whats her name? Thora birch! thats it.

Doing The Wolf dance.

I love the coach, you know he always saying if you have any problems, come to me. When Marty goes to see him he says "I got problems of my own you know"

Even the chick in Teen Wolf is smoking.

Wolf, Wolfie, what ever your name is, wolf up, wolf out, whatever it is you do. Let's go!

So funny he won't go wolf anymore. You only like me when I'm a wolf.

Is he still married to Melanie Griffith or did that go up in coke.

Hasnt she been married to antonio banderas for years?

I don't really follow celebrities that closely.

Yeah I think you're right. I don't see what the attraction is. Other than the obvious.

It's like Denise Richards - all these guys after her. Rod, Robbie, Charlie - what's the deal?

Did you see that yet?

Don't. It sucks balls.