ssiscool

• Replies 13.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Rented three more movies tonight.

Alien VS Predator Requiem

Did you see that yet?

How is it? I'm thinking about buying that on the weekend, but my friend said it really sucked bad.

But my friend thinks alot of good movies suck.

..wait till it hits the 6.99 bin

That bad eh?

Well I'm going to use my FutureShop gift card I got from work, so it's basically free. I definitely have to get it even if it does suck. I have both Predator movies, all the Alien movies, and the first AVP. So I got to have it to make the collection complete.

Antyone ever see Lost Highway?.....I still haven't figured that one out.

i LOVE David Lynchs work!!!!!!!!!!!!! Richard Pryors in that movie!!! trip isnt it?? watch Eraserhead man!!! or Blue Velvet, total mind-fuckers!!! love movies like that :)

i LOVE David Lynchs work!!!!!!!!!!!!! Richard Pryors in that movie!!! trip isnt it?? watch Eraserhead man!!! or Blue Velvet, total mind-fuckers!!! love movies like that :)

Yeah....what the hell was it about anyway....any theories?? My best friend and I must have watched it 10 times and debated what it was about for hours after each time we watched it.

Yeah....what the hell was it about anyway....any theories?? My best friend and I must have watched it 10 times and debated what it was about for hours after each time we watched it.

a sax player whoose wife gets fucked up :lol: the rest is whatever you can interpret. its a fluid thing, its whatever meaning it offers you on a personal level, a mood thing if you will..

Cloverfield come sout on DVD on the 22nd. Anyone else here getting it?

I know someone who works in Paramount distribution and they got me a Region 2 early release of the DVD.

Man, that film sucks balls.

Really there was nothing I enjoyed about that - also found it kind of tasteless the Empire State Building collapses exactly like the twin towers.

Really there was nothing I enjoyed about that - also found it kind of tasteless the Empire State Building collapses exactly like the twin towers.

I totally agree with you. I did not like it at all.

Thank god someone agrees with me - I had my ENTIRE film studies class lay into me because of what I said.

They criticised Death Proof! The fools!

Thank god someone agrees with me - I had my ENTIRE film studies class lay into me because of what I said.

They criticised Death Proof! The fools!

film class is bullshit, its the most non-productive thing. the people there, or the sort of film class people i've met are so full of...designer opinions. Film is one of those things where you should learn the rules so you know how and when to break em...a lot of film student types i've met are such dilletantes too, they pretend to know all this shit and like...cite directors and name drop but if you actually call em on it they dont know what they're talking about. also this strange thing where the theory aspect seems to slowly be taking over the practical end, which is what i think (relatively) more important anyway.

wow, that all seemed sort of like a dig at you didnt it? :lol: wasnt meant to be, just to clarify, its more a case of "fuck em, they probably dunno jack shit anyway"

Couldn't agree more man! Most of my class are dip shits, theres one guy who knows his shit when it comes to films , like Directors names and what they directed, but when it comes down to an opinion, he's speechless. He just calls every film "this cool bit"

One of my teachers (I have 2 for film studies) is arrogant as well - if I don't like the films he likes he goes all hostile towards me, he showed us a film called "Time Code", and I thought it was an interesting idea but would have spent more time introducing the characters and he starts ranting that Mike Higgis (the director) was a genius for having this idea and that if I knew so much about films why do I even take the class. Idiot.

There's one girl in my class though who was having ago about Death Proof being shit (doubt she's even seen it) and her favourite films are Pearl Harbour and Blood Diamond. Dear oh dear.

Couldn't agree more man! Most of my class are dip shits, theres one guy who knows his shit when it comes to films , like Directors names and what they directed, but when it comes down to an opinion, he's speechless. He just calls every film "this cool bit"

One of my teachers (I have 2 for film studies) is arrogant as well - if I don't like the films he likes he goes all hostile towards me, he showed us a film called "Time Code", and I thought it was an interesting idea but would have spent more time introducing the characters and he starts ranting that Mike Higgis (the director) was a genius for having this idea and that if I knew so much about films why do I even take the class. Idiot.

There's one girl in my class though who was having ago about Death Proof being shit (doubt she's even seen it) and her favourite films are Pearl Harbour and Blood Diamond. Dear oh dear.

I bet those are only her favorites because Josh Hartnet and Leonardo Dicaprio are in them.

I'm watching Tim Burton's Big Fish right now, what an amazing movie! I really like Ewan McGregor.

And I'm going on a class trip to Berlin next week, so I've downloaded these movies to bring with me:

Wrong Turn

Wrong Turn 2

Cloverfield

Smokin' Aces

Hostel

Atonement

There Will Be Blood

Before the Devil Knows You're Dead

Charlie Wilson's War

Edited by Lithium

lol, we must have had the same professor. I was a film major for three years before changing and my professor was absolutely nuts over Mike Figgis and Timecode.

Death Proof is pretty much shit, when you compare it to previous efforts.