Dance of Death

wasted

Never really go into Maiden before this record, I always like some of their songs but never got into a whole album.

With Death of Death I really finally got Iron Maiden.

Are all their records like DOD?

they are all better than dance of death

the three maiden albums that do it for me are the first three with bruce

Number, Piece and Powerslave.

If you want more like Dance of Death, you're better off going for Maiden's more recent albums, such as Brave New World and A Matter of Life and Death. Both are long albums, but it feels, well, "epic", I suppose. Just a pleasure to listen to, especially their most recent.

Also, you might enjoy Powerslave and Somewhere in Time from their '80s efforts, they're the most similar to Maiden's more recent releases, I think. Give 'em a try. :)

Their three newest albums are their best. I never understood the hype about Number Of The Beast. Yes, it has two awesome songs on it, Hallowed Be Thy Name and Children Of The Damned, but the rest is medicore I think.

Get their three latest album, Brave New World is probably m favourite.

Brave new world is easily my favourite album of theirs aswell.

followed by a matter of life and death then dance of death.

DOD is actually my least favorite album of theirs I actually listen to (i.e. excluding the Blaze albums), but it's still great. If you like DOD you'd love A Matter Of Life And Death, one of their best albums IMO. Then maybe work you way backwards from there? AMOLAD is very similar to Seventh Son Of A Seventh Son both in structure and songwriting. It would be a good launch point for checking out the 80's albums.

I think I had Brave New World for a bit and liked it, then I gave it to someone I worked with.

I feel like the new ones are better. Maybe just cos the old classics sound a bit cheesy.

Matter of Life and Death I think for me next. Maybe buy greatest hits like a total noob.

Used to like the singles like Holy Smoke and Can I play with Madness but just couldn't get into the idea of liking Maiden - it all seems so Dungens and Dragons.

- it all seems so Dungeons and Dragons.

This ain't Dio we're talking about...

Though this is one of the things that make Dio so awesome.

and it works for him. But this ain't Dio we're talking about...

Yeah. But I have to agree I love those dungeons and dragons lyrics, and I mean, Bruce Dickinson and Iron Maiden like to come up with that kind of stuff as well. I just somehow think they are awesome. But I guess, there really is no one, that comes up with such awesome lyrics as Dio, when it comes to this topic.

"There's a cross that you can't carry, 'cause it's heavier than hell" :wub:

I was obsessed with DoD when it first came out. Didn't leave my cd player for 3 weeks straight, which was rare for me. If the production was a little better, then it would be a modern classic for me, but it's kinda loud. But, it has Paschendale, so I'm good with it being a little loud at times :D

I'd pretty much go with the other suggestions on here as far as Maiden goes. I mean, if you like more Holy Smoke/Can I Play With Madness?-type songs, then their older stuff won't be as appealing because it's less rocky. But, you have to check out Seventh Son of a Seventh Son's other cuts. If you don't, you're just cutting yourself off at the knees.

- it all seems so Dungeons and Dragons.

This ain't Dio we're talking about...

Though this is one of the things that make Dio so awesome.

and it works for him. But this ain't Dio we're talking about...

It was more my perception of Maiden than anything else.

But like I said I sort of understand it more, or appreciate the quality and enjoy the sound of Dickenson's voice and the lyrics.

Seventh Son might be a good one to get. I'll probably work back until I have evey album now.

I did enjoy DoD and BNW, whether I just liked Maiden all along and was unable to admit it I don't know...

As a Maiden fan for over 25 years who owns everything they have done--- I thought Dance of Death was ther best album since Powerslave. Love the epic stuff with tons of changes like the title track and Paschondalle. I liked A Matter of life.... but thought it to be not half as good as DOD. Just stay away from the Blaze Bayley era and keep in mind the first 5 albums are really brilliant.

As a Maiden fan for over 25 years who owns everything they have done--- I thought Dance of Death was ther best album since Powerslave. Love the epic stuff with tons of changes like the title track and Paschondalle. I liked A Matter of life.... but thought it to be not half as good as DOD. Just stay away from the Blaze Bayley era and keep in mind the first 5 albums are really brilliant.

X Factor and Virtual have their moments...