Anyone Else Excited For Eminem's New Record?

axl_on_drums

• Replies 541
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I used to be a pretty heavy drug user, and I guess that's why "Going Through Changes" hit me a lot harder than I expected. Even though it's a very personal song, a lot of what he's rapping about connected with me; I think it's a good companion piece to "Beautiful" (the only great song from Relapse). Ditto for "You're Never Over" - that one is even more personal since it's related to a specific person he knew, but it still moved me quite a bit.

EDIT 3: W.T.P. OK, mind changed, words eaten, the mans back :lol: (gimme a break OK, the first track threw me :lol:)

LMAO, He really is back isn't he

I've only listened to a few songs on YouTube. I just can't bring myself to download it yet. So far I only dig the song with the Ozzy sample. Then again, I've listened to a grand total of 4 songs. The Pink song left me traumatized :scared:

Might not be your thing, no big deal

Edited by axl_on_drums

I'm a bit of a sucker for the Rihanna song...I love her voice on that track, and it fits quite well.

I was just coming to post the same thing. Definitely an upgrade on "Rockstar 101", lol.

Also, I've decided that this album is better than The Eminem Show. A lot better.

Edited by bacardimayne

I really like this album, but the choruses are fucking annoying. Especially on tracks like On Fire and Won't Back Down. Those hooks make me wants to smash my face into a wall. And the Proof track is good, but the way he sings the hook is annoying, as well.

The chorus to Going Through Changes is pretty terrible, too. He just sounds like he's trying to hard to be sentimental.

Pitchfork gave it 2.8/10.

http://www.metacritic.com/music/artists/eminem/recovery

That's a worse score than Relapse.

How is this possible?

Pitchfork is a joke

I barely listen to rap at all anymore, I think the genre is close to dead. I've only listened to about a quarter of this album but what I've heard is great. Listen to Eminem's verse on this song, nobody in the mainstream is even close to him right now

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sVtjxTIpmn8

Also the first song on the album kicks a lot off ass

Edited by shotgunblues1978

http://www.metacritic.com/music/artists/eminem/recovery

That's a worse score than Relapse.

How is this possible?

Jesus wasn't expecting that. The metacritic score I mean... couldn't give a shit about the pitchfork one. They gave Drake's newest an 8.4 and it really wasn't that good.

I'm gonna hold off reading any of the reviews. Am really enjoying this album at the minute and don't want to start noticing the flaws.

Reviews are mixed, who gives a shit though

Source Rating

About.com 4/5 stars[25]

The Atlantic (favorable)[26]

The Daily Telegraph 4/5 stars[27]

The Guardian 3/5 stars[28]

The Independent 3/5 stars[29]

Newsday (mixed)[30]

NOW 3/5 stars[31]

Pitchfork Media (2.8/10)[32]

Slant Magazine 1.5/5 stars[33]

Sputnikmusic 3/5 stars[34]