Anyone Else Excited For Eminem's New Record?

axl_on_drums

Best Eminem album so far. And the best album of the decade so far.

I think we can all appreciate your enthusiasm, but calm the fuck down and wait awhile before repeating that again.

Its 6 months into this decade so the statement is very valid at the moment.

Haha, no it isn't.

Well, in my opinion it's my favourite album of the last six months. Jesus christ mate, I'm hardly saying it's the greatest collection of music ever produced. Though out of interest, what do you consider better that's been released in 2010? Clearly because I apparently need to "calm the fuck down and wait a while before repeating that again", you could give me quite a few albums in the last six months that are vastly better.

I'd like to know, I wouldn't want to be missing out.

• Replies 541
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

There's something about Relapse I miss and Recovery lacks, I think it's the dark-mood, more instrumentation? Underground and Medicine Ball :wub: They're just fucking cool.

Also I think there's too many times where Em spills his guts, I liked it on Relapse where right at the end Beautiful was the tear-jerker of the album and it had such impact. Feels weird saying that, mind.

Edited by MoonWalker

Is it me or is there a lot of sad, slow peaced songs on this record? Slowly making my way through it atm, "Going through changes" is my favourite.

now that i listened yeah there are, and i really don't like most of the choruses, got to give it time i guess.

Going through changes is my favorite as well so far.

There's something about Relapse I miss and Recovery lacks, I think it's the dark-mood, more instrumentation? Underground and Medicine Ball :wub: They're just fucking cool.

Also I think there's too many times where Em spills his guts, I liked it on Relapse where right at the end Beautiful was the tear-jerker of the album and it had such impact. Feels weird saying that, mind.

I only got one issue with Recovery and it's the lack of serial killer tracks, every Em albums needs one "stay wide awake"

Still it's a classic

I only got one issue with Recovery and it's the lack of serial killer tracks, every Em albums needs one "stay wide awake"

Still it's a classic

That's what I love about Relapse. Stay Wide Awake and 3 A.M. are fucking awesome murderous tracks. The rest are badass too. As for Recovery, I've listened to the first 12 tracks and it's sounding pretty solid but I do perfer Relapse.

Guest Len B'stard

Got to about the second song and heard "no one seems to know my struggle" and its like, alright, fuck this, i can't hack this anymore :lol: Maybe when i get around to hearing it all out i'll have a different opinion but...he's REALLY seriously struggling for subject matter as far as i can see, post The Eminem Show.

He has no real beef anymore, whatever...thing there was between him and his mother, Jesus Christ, can you get on with it now? He's been announcing that he's "getting serious" and y'know, get ready and all he seems to do is just keep re-announcing that he's getting ready and it doesn't go anywhere. Really, i think he should've called it a day after that album before the last one, Encore, if for no other reason than he actually doesn't have anything to rap about anymore.

Going on and on about fame and struggles and his mother and...it's just boring now? He actually comes off the best now when he's doing like...regular rap tunes about cash/money/hoes etc when the whole good thing about him was that he was sorta contentious. The last seriously hot track he was on was Smack That.

He comes across as a REALLY rich REALLY isolated person that is rapping only because it reminds him he's still alive. And all these courageous "you can get it if you really want" children of Lose Yourself are starting to get a little patronising, sort of like the songs they put on the end credits of movies in the 80s.

The actual rapping, the rhyming, its still up there, it's still hot...but you can't really rap and not be living the life to some degree, imagination on its own is not enough...and how many times is he gonna re-work the concept of sucking dick and licking balls? :lol:

Speaking for myself though, people'll probably buy it and love it and i can't really criticise cuz i ain't heard it, this post is more a general thing about Eminem more than this particular album. Put that second track on again, God, these fucking RnB "i'm still strong" talking to the mirror choruses are getting annoying :lol:

Its actually quite sad in that...despite purporting to be a sort of masculine show of strength, an 'i don't give a fuck' statement, the albums are predominantly like...these confessional boo hoo 'i was crying for help' my life is so hard no one understand my pain me me me fests. It's getting to be embarassing, like watching a grown man just stopping crying and wiping his tears and standing up and trying to bluff it out and you're too embarassed for him to know what to say, or to say anything, pat him on the back, give him a kleenex

Nothing worse than listening to a celebrity cry and moan about drug shit.

EDIT: listening to On Fire...see now THIS is more like it!!! :):)!!!

EDIT 2: Listening to Won't Back Down...i think i might be progressively eating my words here track by track :lol:

EDIT 3: W.T.P. OK, mind changed, words eaten, the mans back :lol: (gimme a break OK, the first track threw me :lol:)

Edited by sugaraylen