Anyone Else Excited For Eminem's New Record?

axl_on_drums

• Replies 541
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I really like this album, but more than half of the songs have "negative" or "depressing" lyrics to them, and with my position right now of being in a very good relationship, all of that depressing stuff is not what I want to hear. So, as a result, I've found myself not listening to this album as much. :tongue2:

I still like it a lot though.

Still the king, 750k first week.

LW TW artist / album label power index % change

-- 1 EMINEM SHADY/AFTERMATH/INT 753,870 --

RECOVERY

1 2 DRAKE YM/CASH MONEY/UNIV MOTOWN 156,451 -66%

THANK ME LATER

-- 3 MILEY CYRUS HOLLYWOOD 106,553 --

CAN'T BE TAMED

-- 4 OZZY OSBOURNE EPIC 77,828 --

SCREAM

4 5 NOW THAT'S WHAT I CALL MUSIC 34 CAPITOL/EMI 55,884 -35%

VARIOUS ARTISTS

-- 6 THE ROOTS DEF JAM/IDJ 49,320 --

HOW I GOT OVER

5 7 JACK JOHNSON BRUSHFIRE/UNIV REPUBLIC 44,282 -32%

At first is sounded a little too "pop" for me but after a few listens its pretty good. I miss the fact that him and Dre dont do the producing though.

i think it will be back to that soon.

that seems to be the biggest complaint on this album. I still love it, but i do miss dre beats. So Bad kicks ass

At first is sounded a little too "pop" for me but after a few listens its pretty good. I miss the fact that him and Dre dont do the producing though.

Agreed. Eminem is at his best with Dre producing. Maybe he was too busy working on Detox... <_<

Detox - Rap's Chineses Democracy

Changes really reminds me of old em' not so much as other trax but it makes me think of I think mocking bird? I cba to check but it's totally got a similar feel.

Mature Em is great and really likable, nothing will ever beat the skinny psycho 90's em, tho. I remember seeing small kids getting their hair bleached and shaved. :thumbsup:

He was almost a cartoon character, watched The Real Slim Shady vid on MTV Classic the other day and damn, incredible. Such a character.

No Loves creeped up on me over these months, wow. it's amazing now. Can't stop listening to it. Wayne sounds badass.

Edited by MoonWalker

• 4 weeks later...

Changes really reminds me of old em' not so much as other trax but it makes me think of I think mocking bird? I cba to check but it's totally got a similar feel.

Mature Em is great and really likable, nothing will ever beat the skinny psycho 90's em, tho. I remember seeing small kids getting their hair bleached and shaved. :thumbsup:

He was almost a cartoon character, watched The Real Slim Shady vid on MTV Classic the other day and damn, incredible. Such a character.

No Loves creeped up on me over these months, wow. it's amazing now. Can't stop listening to it. Wayne sounds badass.

That was exactly my thought when I was listening to The Slim Shady LP last night. He was/is so exaggerated and insane that he's pretty much a cartoon character, not a real person, on most of his songs.