What's your favorite Iron Maiden album?

LightningBolt

Favorite Maiden Album  

29 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

I was just curious what the general thought of what Maiden's finest work is. This is one of those bands that really don't have a single album that blows out all of the others in the eyes of their fanbase, and also a lot of people like Di'Anno and then there's those that like Bruce. So, what's your favorite? Mine is SSoaSS There's not a single song I don't love on the album. I feel all of their albums have at least one song that isn't very good. What's your favorite from Maiden? And I couldn't fit all of their albums on the list for obvious reasons, but not many people really like the Bayley-era anyway, and A Matter Of Life And Death doesn't get the attention it deserves, so I figure it won't get many votes. :P

Edited by LightningBolt

My favorite really changes from day to day depending on what mood I'm in. I'd say more frequently than any other albums it is Powerslave or Somewhere In Time, but lately I've been listening to Iron Maiden more than any others. Front to back, it is probably their most consistent album in terms of the quality of the songwriting to date. Even with the classic 5, there is always one or two songs which bring down the album a bit. NOTB had Gangland, POM had Quest For Fire and Sun And Steel, Powerslave most people consider the middle three (Flash Of The Blade, The Duelists and Back In The Village) to be shit, SIT was fairly concsistent, and SSOASS had The Prophecy. All these songs are still great IMO (with the exception of The Prophecy, one of my least favorite Maiden songs to date), but don't live up to the quality of their respective albums.

Number Of The Beast

Brave New World

Piece of Mind

Powerslave

Killers

Iron Maiden

Seventh Son

i know it's a live album, but my real favorite is "Live After Death". that whole thing, the album and the video were just fantastic. that's what made me really love Iron Maiden. i wore my original VHS out.

It used to be Seventh Son... by a mile. Nowadays, I don't know, it's not really that clear anymore. I've started getting more and more into Powerslave. Weird, I consider Losfer Words, Flash Of The Blade and The Duelists to be the best part of the album. My favorite though is probably Brave New World. It doesn't have songs that I could clearly name as favorites of mine (except Dream Of Mirrors, which fucking rules!) but the album as a whole is very consistent and sounds really good together. Same goes for A Matter Of Life And Death. Everything without Dickinson is not worth mentioning.

It used to be Seventh Son... by a mile. Nowadays, I don't know, it's not really that clear anymore. I've started getting more and more into Powerslave. Weird, I consider Losfer Words, Flash Of The Blade and The Duelists to be the best part of the album. My favorite though is probably Brave New World. It doesn't have songs that I could clearly name as favorites of mine (except Dream Of Mirrors, which fucking rules!) but the album as a whole is very consistent and sounds really good together. Same goes for A Matter Of Life And Death. Everything without Dickinson is not worth mentioning.

Blasphemy. The Di'Anno albums are gold. I'll give you that Virtual XI is shit, but The X Factor is just a long term grower...it took me 5 years to appreciate that album.

• 2 weeks later...
Piece of Mind- Guitars, riffs, song structures: this record is a perfect conduit between the proto-metal of Sabbath & Deep Purple and the no-nonsense, no-spandex 80's metal of Metallica and Slayer

i can see what you're sayin'. but where does Faster Pussycat fit in? :xmassrudolph: