Official GNR Social Media Update / Discussion

Guest Apollo

You guys are giving axl way too much credit for winning the crowd over. It was an all day festival. I could have been onstage singing - and if my power was cut - fans would be screaming in protest. A festival is a party, and the kids want the party to continue. Go to a bar when it closes - they have to turn on the lights and kick people out.

Second, the difference is that this wasn't a GnR show. If I go to a GnR concert, I factor in that he is going to be late and the show will get over late. But this wasn't a GnR show. They accepted a pot of cash to perform - and were told in advance about the time restrictions. AND they were given in extra 30 minutes past curfew. Somebody from another band said that Axl was told if they were an hour late they couldn't go on......so GnR took the stage 58 minutes late. That is just juvenile.

Lastly....two things I know about Axl. He is the greatest rock singer alive. And nothing is ever his fault.

You guys are giving axl way too much credit for winning the crowd over. It was an all day festival. I could have been onstage singing - and if my power was cut - fans would be screaming in protest. A festival is a party, and the kids want the party to continue. Go to a bar when it closes - they have to turn on the lights and kick people out.

Second, the difference is that this wasn't a GnR show. If I go to a GnR concert, I factor in that he is going to be late and the show will get over late. But this wasn't a GnR show. They accepted a pot of cash to perform - and were told in advance about the time restrictions. AND they were given in extra 30 minutes past curfew. Somebody from another band said that Axl was told if they were an hour late they couldn't go on......so GnR took the stage 58 minutes late. That is just juvenile.

Lastly....two things I know about Axl. He is the greatest rock singer alive. And nothing is ever his fault.

Look at you go. Hating on the band in every single thread. They won the crowd over with their music right after Jungle was played. It had nothing to do with anything but the music.

Don't know what it is w/us or these last 2 shows. Takes the fun out it 4 everyone fans, band n' crew alike but whatever. So u know, we allegedly had a deal in place pre show w/the city at least at Leeds to do a bit longer performance that was either miscommunication, someone wasn't informed, changed their mind, didn't care or was a con. Regardless the nonsense just seems so unnecessary but w/out real management or industry presence is unfortunately beyond r control. We hope the fans feel they got at least what they could from us under the circumstances as 4 us all things considered that's the main thing. The rest is filler. Anyway, enough rambling. Peace, thanks 4 understanding n' what we did manage to get done out there was a blast! The crowds n' fans were amazing!! And in r opinion (not that apparently it means much) u deserved better!! Thanks again!! - Axl

..one word Slash (deserved better)

Don't know what it is w/us or these last 2 shows. Takes the fun out it 4 everyone fans, band n' crew alike but whatever. So u know, we allegedly had a deal in place pre show w/the city at least at Leeds to do a bit longer performance that was either miscommunication, someone wasn't informed, changed their mind, didn't care or was a con. Regardless the nonsense just seems so unnecessary but w/out real management or industry presence is unfortunately beyond r control. We hope the fans feel they got at least what they could from us under the circumstances as 4 us all things considered that's the main thing. The rest is filler. Anyway, enough rambling. Peace, thanks 4 understanding n' what we did manage to get done out there was a blast! The crowds n' fans were amazing!! And in r opinion (not that apparently it means much) u deserved better!! Thanks again!! - Axl

..one word Slash (deserved better)

Move on already.

Who's Slash?

the past.

Keep in mind that if it weren't for Slash aka "the past" you wouldn't be here, and a lot of you dorks who down the original lineup would have a lot more time on your hands. :thumbsup:

Edited by sofine11

It really beggars belief that it hasn't yet sunk in with Axl (after all these years), that if he fulfilled his obligations and went onstage on time, then he wouldn't have these problems with promoters, fans, and the media

LA

I'm glad that Axl hasn't caved in to this unruly lynch mob. Fuck them. Who in the hell do they think they are to make these demands to Axl? I'd much rather that Axl take the stage at a time that he feels comfortabe rather than him attempt to rush the muse and give a half ass show in return. He doesn't owe any one of you anything. I'm not sure why some find this hard to grasp.

If he shows up for the show that you bought a ticket to, GREAT. If you travel 1500 miles to see the band, book rooms, etc, and the man fails to show, keep in mind, he did not personally owe you the show to begin with. So don't bother boring the rest of us with your bitching about your hatred for the band. We do not dictate Axl's actions whether you like it or not. Bitching daily will not change this.

Best Regards,

Edited by Best Regards

It really beggars belief that it hasn't yet sunk in with Axl (after all these years), that if he fulfilled his obligations and went onstage on time, then he wouldn't have these problems with promoters, fans, and the media

LA

I'm glad that Axl hasn't caved in to this unruly lynch mob. Fuck them. Who in the hell do they think they are to make these demands to Axl? I'd much rather that Axl take the stage at a time that he feels comfortabe rather than him attempt to rush the muse and give a half ass show in return. He doesn't owe any one of you anything. I'm not sure why some find this hard to grasp.

If he shows up for the show that you bought a ticket to, GREAT. If you travel 1500 miles to see the band, book rooms, etc, and the man fails to show, keep in mind, he did not personally owe you the show to begin with. So don't bother boring the rest of us with your bitching about your hatred for the band. We do not dictate Axl's actions whether you like it or not. Bitching daily will not change this.

Best Regards,

This post is full of shit.

Who's Slash?

the one guitar player who wrote and recorded music that takes 3 guys grabbing a paycheck to cover now

Who? Sorry I don't know who you are talking about. The only GNR guitarists I know of are those guys who hit the stage the other day at Reading and played their fucking hearts out to put on the best live show I've ever seen.

@richardfortus

long live rock n' roll

12:17 PM Aug 28th via TweetDeck

but the fact of the matter is.... he's the real fucking deal. skin, blood and soul. Deal with it or not, but it won't ever change.

12:17 PM Aug 28th via TweetDeck

Axl insists on doing things his way and not playing by the fucking rules. You can love him or hate him for it,

12:16 PM Aug 28th via TweetDeck

I don't think there is another band out right now that has the balls to do what we did last night.

12:15 PM Aug 28th via TweetDeck

Who's Slash?

the one guitar player who wrote and recorded music that takes 3 guys grabbing a paycheck to cover now

I will take the 3 guys any day. Much much better quality playing.

Doesn't matter, they don't have Slash's aura, and are merely Axl's minions...Slash is a one of a kind presence, and can't be replaced. It's part of the reason Guns has been a running joke even 15 years after Slash left. Everyone here knows it, but most don't want to admit it.

Nah, Slash hasn't had presence or songwriting ability for over 20 years. Axl made GNR the electrifying band that it was and is. Watch some early days stuff. Axl was the focal point of the band even when he wasn't trying to be. Slash got his lucky break courtesy of Rose... and for that he should be eternally thankful.

Edited by Axl Knows

Who's Slash?

I will take the 3 guys any day. Much much better quality playing.

quantity doesnt equal quality

all those old songs they cover night after night on tour that make a majority of the setlist became hits the way they were originally played, not because of how they are played now by......................name any current guitar player who will most likely be gone in a few years like all the others before him

none of these guys as talented as they are performing someone elses material have written songs with the impact like the ones they copy

thats the real talent, write and record music that people still love in 25 years then talk about what quality is

Axl was the focal point of the band even when he wasn't trying to be.

yah FRONTMAN of a band is usually the focal point