Security was telling people at WPG show they would not be allowed in with Slash/VR shirts?

Subtle Signs

• Replies 86
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Days

Top Posters In This Topic

And people claim that there could be a reunion :lol:

Well that's not right.

Holy shit! We agree on something.

I can see booting someone who brings a 10 foot banner saying WE WANT SLASH! Holding that up during the show could disrupt people from seeing and take away from the show. But a t-shirt?

If it's true, don't wear a Slash/VR t shirt, simple.

Fuck that. I don't know where you live but in the US this shit ain't gonna fly. If I pay $100 to attend a show I will wear whatever fucking shirt I please. My VR shirt is not disrupting the fucking concert in the slightest.

I think it's a bit screwed up but there's jack all you can do about it if that's what they tell the security. You can wear a VR shirt and risk wasting your $100 for the sake of making a point, or not.

I could lay a heavy fucking lawsuit on the venue/promoters.

Yet the promoter will just go, "It's our venue, it's our rules, if certain objects will cause problems then we will be within our rights to stop people bringing them in." Of course you could just go for the infringement on my human rights angle but that's just a piss water argument.

Or you could just turn it inside out then put it right again when you go in.

They may say that but they can't enforce it. If someone spent money to attend an event and then was disallowed entry because of the band on their shirt, they could sue the venue, the promoter, anyone involved with putting on the show.

Yes but the promoters would just come back with, "We gave them the option of turning the shirt inside out, by doing this they would be allowed entry with no hassle, by not doing so they personally forfeit their entry to the venue."

They would lose,

I can't believe we have people on here that support this, This takes the hero worship to an unheard of level.

I don't support it. Anyone who paid for their ticket should be allowed in. Wearing a VR shirt to a GNR show is just retarded imo.

Edited by jjCardi_gnr

And people claim that there could be a reunion :lol:

Well that's not right.

Holy shit! We agree on something.

I can see booting someone who brings a 10 foot banner saying WE WANT SLASH! Holding that up during the show could disrupt people from seeing and take away from the show. But a t-shirt?

If it's true, don't wear a Slash/VR t shirt, simple.

Fuck that. I don't know where you live but in the US this shit ain't gonna fly. If I pay $100 to attend a show I will wear whatever fucking shirt I please. My VR shirt is not disrupting the fucking concert in the slightest.

I think it's a bit screwed up but there's jack all you can do about it if that's what they tell the security. You can wear a VR shirt and risk wasting your $100 for the sake of making a point, or not.

I could lay a heavy fucking lawsuit on the venue/promoters.

Yet the promoter will just go, "It's our venue, it's our rules, if certain objects will cause problems then we will be within our rights to stop people bringing them in." Of course you could just go for the infringement on my human rights angle but that's just a piss water argument.

Or you could just turn it inside out then put it right again when you go in.

They may say that but they can't enforce it. If someone spent money to attend an event and then was disallowed entry because of the band on their shirt, they could sue the venue, the promoter, anyone involved with putting on the show.

Yes but the promoters would just come back with, "We gave them the option of turning the shirt inside out, by doing this they would be allowed entry with no hassle, by not doing so they personally forfeit their entry to the venue."

They would lose,

I can't believe we have people on here that support this, This takes the hero worship to an unheard of level.

I'm not saying I support it but I can see why the venue would feel within their rights to put forward such a policy. Think about it, Axl is in a bad mood for whatever reason, he sees a Slash, he decides to leave, crowd riot, the venue is damaged. Now the venue can't go after Axl because he has said, "I don't want Slash shirts," and the venue has agreed to that, maybe it was part of the contract. Now if a Slash shirt gets in, Axl sees, leaves, riot, then the it is the venues fault for not keeping with the performers wishes, the venue would have breached the agreement by failing to live up to their end of the deal therefore the venue has to pay for repairs to whatever may be damaged. Now to avoid that shit storm all that needs to happen is for the security to go, "Turn that t-shirt inside out or go home." Shit storm averted.

If you wear a VR shirt to a GNR concert, you're a shit-stirrer. Plain and simple.

a shit-stirrer, riiight

you know, even with all of the arguments that take place on the forums I seriously doubt anyone here would raise a stink over a fucking shirt in person.

the real shit-stirrers are anyone who would get pissed about a T shirt somebody is wearing

They would lose,

I don't support it. Anyone who paid for their ticket should be allowed in. Wearing a VR shirt to a GNR show is just retarded imo.

Why? Are you aware that Slash/Duff,VR members are responsible for writing a large part of the GNR catalog?

What if they boot your ass for wearing an AFD/UYI era GNR shirt cause it has big,bad Slash on it?

Because most people know about the big feud going on between Axl and Slash, and to wear a VR shirt is like trying to coax Axl into getting mad.

But if they kicked people out for wearing old GNR shirts then that's even more retarded.

Edited by jjCardi_gnr

I don't support it but quit the "viva la revolution" attitude. You can't "fight the system" in this case.

Axl knows better than to ever try something like this in the U.S.A. He would be playing in front of an empty venue.

Only if the people going are arrogant toss pots. Again I am not supporting this RUMOURED policy but if you're going to sacrifice your money and a great show for the sake of making a point then you are clearly retarded.

If you wear a VR shirt to a GNR concert, you're a shit-stirrer. Plain and simple.

Same applies if you wear a GNR shirt to a VR concert, right?

I'd like to think that's different. Let it be known that I think this rule is stupid (but really, I wouldn't wear a "Slash" shirt or a VR shirt to a GNR concert anyways, whatever the hell a Slash shirt is anyways).

I don't support it but quit the "viva la revolution" attitude. You can't "fight the system" in this case.

Axl knows better than to ever try something like this in the U.S.A. He would be playing in front of an empty venue.

Only if the people going are arrogant toss pots. Again I am not supporting this RUMOURED policy but if you're going to sacrifice your money and a great show for the sake of making a point then you are clearly retarded.

Once the word got around about this "policy", people would not buy any tickets to future shows. Obviously the people attending the first show of the tour have no choice but to accept it. They spent the money already and are not going to fight a losing battle.

Axl is still an insecure person. Sad.

Edited by SWINGTRADER

I will absolutely use a VR-shirt when Axl comes to Sweden.

Ohhh, we have another rebel!!

Here we have a Jabroni who would say it was raining if Axl was pissing down his back.

Yeah, but it would be pretty childish to go out of your way to wear a VR shirt just to proove a point. I ain't saying it's right, but I'm sane enough not to care.

^^Exactly^^

Once the word got around about this "policy", people would not buy any tickets to future shows. Obviously the people attending the first show of the tour have no choice but to accept it. They spent the money already and are not going to fight a losing battle.

Yet again, only ignorant, arrogant people would deny themselves something they have been looking forward to for the sake of a t-shirt. I have heard some retarded things in my time but that certainly would be close to taking the biscuit.

Edited by plonker88

Yet again, only ignorant, arrogant people would deny themselves something they have been looking forward to for the sake of a t-shirt. I have heard some retarded things in my time but that certainly would be close to taking the biscuit.

I am talking about the USA. Obviously people in Europe and other parts of the world would not mind a policy like this. They are used to being controlled by the STATE.

Like I said before. He would never try something like this in the U.S. He knows better.