The OFFICIAL Saskatoon Show Thread - Jan,19/2010

Evil Ernie

• Replies 266
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I wish somebody would take a decibal reader to one of these shows. This fucking tour should win the loudest rock show in the whole fucking world contest!!! If there was one.

You must have never heard Rammstein live.

Or Motorhead.

I've seen Motörhead about 7/8 times and they are preposterously loud. I must say though that I actually once saw Killing Joke supporting Mötley Crüe a few years back and they were actually louder. All the hair metal folks in the crowd absolutely shat it when Jaz & co came on.

There's a small venue in the city where I live in (Esbjerg in Denmark) and Motörhead once played here. They played so loud that they actually made a huge crack in the roof :P I never got to see the crack myself, but the rumour spread quickly.

Slash's Snakepit's video for "Shine" was actually shot at this very venue also, it's called Tobakken (The Tobacco).

I wish somebody would take a decibal reader to one of these shows. This fucking tour should win the loudest rock show in the whole fucking world contest!!! If there was one.

You must have never heard Rammstein live.

Or Motorhead.

I've seen Motörhead about 7/8 times and they are preposterously loud. I must say though that I actually once saw Killing Joke supporting Mötley Crüe a few years back and they were actually louder. All the hair metal folks in the crowd absolutely shat it when Jaz & co came on.

Metallica cover The Wait by KJ that's a pretty good song.

Catcher is not extended at all, what was that about?

it was but I didn't get the last verse because they had actually stopped the song like they normally would and then spontaneoiusly started again

Did tkarmy take those vids?

wow, great job.

I did... sorry about the audio.. I had taped toliet paper over the mics on my camera for the edmonton and calgary shows which worked pretty good. But last night I actually taped an ear plug over and it didn't work.... hopefully tonight will be better

Catcher is not extended at all, what was that about?

it was but I didn't get the last verse because they had actually stopped the song like they normally would and then spontaneoiusly started again

Did tkarmy take those vids?

wow, great job.

I did... sorry about the audio.. I had taped toliet paper over the mics on my camera for the edmonton and calgary shows which worked pretty good. But last night I actually taped an ear plug over and it didn't work.... hopefully tonight will be better

I appreciate all of your effort, at great personal expense (you just can't go crazy while trying to record!) and risk (security, breaking or losing your stuff in the chaos of a rock show)... thank you!

Hopefully at the end of the next show you can pass on what you learned to other fans who want to put up some recordings and not get caught. =)

I never would have thought of toliet paper, that's creative =)

Man I really hope a good audio for that Nightrain comes out. I've always wanted to hear Bach on that song and it sounds like Axl sang the first verses an octave up again like in Tokyo which sounded awesome. Then again it's hard to tell through the bad quality.

Here's your "good audio" Nightrain as requested... They sound amazing together on this. Could it become a staple for the rest of the tour?

catcher

Shacklers

if the world

sorry

irs

madagascar

nightrain

Hey once again sorry about the distored audio... I thought I had it figured... maybe tonight I'll finally nail it... Off to work and than a 3 hour drive for the last show of my gnr tour!

Thanks for the video's dude!!!

If there's one thing I can make out of this material, then it's the fact that Axl delivers like motherfucking UPS express!!!! rock3

Here's a review of the Saskatoon show from The StarPhoenix

http://www.thestarphoenix.com/entertainment/Back+jungle/2462445/story.html

Love this part... "It was late for much of the crowd, young and old, some of whom left early, but what’s another hour or two when you’ve waited almost two decades?"

Edited by MicEffecT

If the Hamilton show looks similar to this, I may need to bring multiple pairs of pants. Hope Catcher stays! Nice choice to end with Nightrain, always thought that song would sound good as the closer. I'm going to guess Bach might stay around as he did for My Michelle, which will be cool, something different. Also, I hope Rocket Queen stays since I didn't get to hear that live when I saw them in 2006.

If the Hamilton show looks similar to this, I may need to bring multiple pairs of pants. Hope Catcher stays! Nice choice to end with Nightrain, always thought that song would sound good as the closer. I'm going to guess Bach might stay around as he did for My Michelle, which will be cool, something different. Also, I hope Rocket Queen stays since I didn't get to hear that live when I saw them in 2006.

RQ has been played at every '09 and '10 show so far, I don't see it going anywhere.

RQ has been played at every '09 and '10 show so far, I don't see it going anywhere.

It wasn't played in Edmonton on Sunday

It wasn't played in Edmonton on Sunday

My mistake, all but one '09-'10 show.