Aerosmith to replace Steven Tyler

hans_moleman

Aerosmith To Hold Auditions For Replacement Singer

Aerosmith has begun its search for a singer to replace Steven Tyler -- though whether it's permanent or temporary is uncertain.

Guitarist Joe Perry told Canada's QMI Agency that the group is "already getting the word out there. The word's been out there for a while." After his Canadian swing with Motley Crue -- which ends Feb. 5 in Montreal -- Perry said that Aerosmith will "start having some auditions, making some phone calls. Hopefully, we'll have found a new singer by the summer, and Aerosmith will be able to go back out on the road."

Link

Aerosmith To Hold Auditions For Replacement Singer

Aerosmith has begun its search for a singer to replace Steven Tyler -- though whether it's permanent or temporary is uncertain.

Guitarist Joe Perry told Canada's QMI Agency that the group is "already getting the word out there. The word's been out there for a while." After his Canadian swing with Motley Crue -- which ends Feb. 5 in Montreal -- Perry said that Aerosmith will "start having some auditions, making some phone calls. Hopefully, we'll have found a new singer by the summer, and Aerosmith will be able to go back out on the road."

Link

Aerosmith is essentially a dead band.

"It's kind of hard to get a straight answer about what's going on," Perry said. "He has to have leg surgery and foot surgery and it's basically going to take him out of the picture for about a year, year and a half. So, in the meantime, the rest of the band wants to play. And I want to play with the other guys in Aerosmith. So the four of us are just making our plans. We're gonna find somebody to get in there and fill that spot. Just like when Tom was sick -- we got David Hull to come in and play bass. When Brad was sick, we got somebody else to come in and play for him. That's basically how I look at it; we need another singer to fill in."

"I'm ready to write with him, to play on stage with him anytime he's physically ready and wants to do it," Perry said. "But it's really up to him....And the last things he said to the press were that he wanted to work with the band and sing with the band, so we'll see."

i think it's only for a year or so, and when tyler is fit again he will return ;)

Edited by fransesselaar92

It's not the same with the frontman as it is with one of the players. You can't just replace him, just like that. It's gonna be very strange and I have doubts they'll be able to pull it off. I wish I had the chance to see them live at some point, because now I'm loosing all hope I'll ever be able to.

Strange, I was under the impression Steven Tyler didn't want to miss a thing?

Oh no he didn't.

Unless they're able to replace Tyler (whether it be permanent or temporary) with a marquee name - like what Queen did with Paul Rodgers - then they're going to be playing town halls.

... I'll obviously be there shirtless, completely fucked out my mind but it wont be the same.

Unless they're able to replace Tyler (whether it be permanent or temporary) with a marquee name - like what Queen did with Paul Rodgers - then they're going to be playing town halls.

That I wouldn't mind seeing. Pair up with a big name singer, tour as "Aerosmith and [insert name]", split the setlist 50/50 or 60/40 with the other guy's material and make it a whole different beast. But don't pretend it's an actual Aerosmith tour we're seeing there.