Is "Street Of Dreams" underrated?

GunsNRevolvers2

i think so, i think there are several reasons.

i.e.

1.we are sick of it

2.the studio version wasnt quite what we expected and tainted it for several of us.

but when i put that aside and just listen to it, its really good. axls vocals are great, as is robins solo and i just like the vibe of the song in general. it seems every time i turn on q104 its playing latley, which is good to see.

Agreed. I love the feel of this song and though the execution of it is less than perfect, the song, beneath all the added stuff is brilliant imo.

one of the 'big guns' for me...(despite what Axl said)

Edited by Rovim

Guest Satanisk_Slakt

i.e.

1.we are sick of it

2.the studio version wasnt quite what we expected and tainted it for several of us.

but when i put that aside and just listen to it, its really good. axls vocals are great, as is robins solo and i just like the vibe of the song in general.

I would agree with this.

But that we are sick of it already (or well, we've heard it for ten years now :lol:) shows that it haven't got the same quality as many of the old songs has, that you still can listen too and love as much as 20 years ago. With that said, it's a really great song live.

i.e.

1.we are sick of it

but when i put that aside and just listen to it, its really good. axls vocals are great, as is robins solo and i just like the vibe of the song in general.

I would agree with this.

But that we are sick of it already (or well, we've heard it for ten years now :lol:) shows that it haven't got the same quality as many of the old songs has, that you still can listen too and love as much as 20 years ago. With that said, it's a really great song live.

i didnt mean to say sick of it in a negative light, im sick of TLC waterfalls, i last heard that song in like 1999 and that was enough to last a life time. im actually sick of that song.

with SOD its more like, of the CD songs its been around for so long and been a favourite for so long, i skip it. when im listening to CD im more likely to switch to "new" stuff like SR or ITW in those early tracks.

Boston 2002 was about the best this song got. I used to absolutely adore it and imagined it'd be one of my favourites on the album, but I think it got neutered a wee bit by removing some of the rock elements. I'm not as much of a fan of the final mix at all. if we were ever to see a resurgence of the classic version of the song I'd probably need new underwear though.

After digging out my old audio soundboard of Boston 02 ( I would also like to add I was at this concert! ) and listening to The Blues, I definitely prefer the Live version, I definitely still enjoy the studio version though

Also, off topic a bit, Worcester, MA in 06 > Boston, MA in 02

Love the song.

But the reason you might think it's overrated is just because of how long it's been out. Hardcore fans have The Blues/SOD for 8 years already. In 2002/03 I listened to it every day - but released on the album, 6/7 years later, it has lost some of it's luster - just because I've already listened to it thousands of times.

It is really underrated in my opinion but I guess it's because it's one of the first new songs old fans discovered. Personnally I discovered it last year with all the other CD songs and it stands out as one of my favourites. I saw every live performance I could find for this song and the studio version is really the best IMO, the vocals are madness and I love the solo. Can't wait to hear it live properly if they decide to move their butt over Europe.