Official Hamilton Thread 1/24/10

Blaine_sixx

• Replies 237
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Just got back from the concert.

What a concert it was!

From the opening to the end, this concert was non stop GNR action.

The sound system was exceptionally clear (this depends on the venues configuration), in this case it was excellent.

Axl's voice was top notch all the way to Paradise City! As mentioned before there was one or two times where the mike stopped working, normal for these things happen in live concerts.

Got to meet Axl after the concert, didn't need much introduction as he recognized me from my pic on the Forum. :-) He ended talking to everyone, which was very cool.

This is just a quick post, I'll post again about the concert later today on the train to London, after getting a few hours of sleep.

Can't wait for London!

Eric (admin)

Great =D

EDIT: Any video from TWAT ?? :OOOOO

Edited by marlon_brando15

I'm prayin' for see Guns in Spain, Oh God, please, bring me guns.

They are doin' incredible shows!!!

Maybe RIR 2010 in Madrid ... hope so

Please no, if they play in RIR 2010, the tickets will be more expensive, I would like a solo concert, only guns playin'...

...but if is RIR the only chance to see guns, ok, I'll go to this festival.

Good morning, Germany!

here I sit in an internet café and write about my impressions of the Guns N' Roses concert in Hamilton. It's not quite half an hour that the concert ended and to find words to describe what I expereienced is not easy.

It's simply unbelievable what has been put together by Mr. Axl Rose and his side kicks! I don't know why, but the addition of DJ Ashba as the new guitarist may have been the last mosaic piece that had been missing with Guns N' Roses. Whyever, this band is simply fuckin' awesome.

One of tonight's song shows it best: There Was A Time! In 2006, the band played it for the first time, a bit bumpy and taking a bit getting used to ... However, tonight this song especially highlighted the band's full power ... Axl Rose "sang his guts out" ... and the guitar trio of Ron Thal, Richard Fortus and DJ Ashba drove the crowd to extasy with their Solo ... simply unbelievable!

You cannot avoid saying an extra word about Axl Rose. I think it is not without reason if Mr. Rose is labelled the last true rock star. Unbelievable ... this voice, this power, this dedication ... fuckin' unbelievable!

But the rst of the band has no reason to hide either. My favourites are and remain Richard Fortus, the cooooolest guitarrero far and wide ... and also Mr. Frank Ferrer. Say what you want ... Frank at the drums rocks mightily!

Tonight's top songs from my view are Sorry, Shackler's Revenge (so-so on the album - live a real burner), There Was A Time and This I Love. Especially This I Love comes across double and threefold in its live version.

Yet the biggest applause was granted to Sweet Child O'Mine and most of all November Rain.

All in all a super performance of a terrific band. I'm looking forward to tomorrow ... !

See Ya in London, ON!

Gute Nacht!

Edit: Link http://gnrkanada.blogspot.com/2010/01/there-was-fuckin-fuckin-time.html

Edited by Granny

I will get online tomorrow, update my first post with quality youtube vids, links to reviews and pictures..

Night All!

hey, did they allow cameras? Im assuming it was a digital point and shoot, but did you sneak it in or they allowed small cameras during pat down? Thanks, plan on taping toronto

Just got back from the concert.

What a concert it was!

From the opening to the end, this concert was non stop GNR action.

The sound system was exceptionally clear (this depends on the venues configuration), in this case it was excellent.

Axl's voice was top notch all the way to Paradise City! As mentioned before there was one or two times where the mike stopped working, normal for these things happen in live concerts.

Got to meet Axl after the concert, didn't need much introduction as he recognized me from my pic on the Forum. :-) He ended talking to everyone, which was very cool.

This is just a quick post, I'll post again about the concert later today on the train to London, after getting a few hours of sleep.

Can't wait for London!

Eric (admin)

So you met Axl? it was your first time? you would had to ask him when is coming CD II

LOL

OH. MY. FUCKING. GOD. I never thought I would see a show that topped Maiden in Boston in '08, but last night took the fucking cake. Axl was on fire, vocally and physically. That band was tight as fuck. Everyone in the band was having fun, and the crowd was really into it. I'll post more later, but here's a bit for now (I have a class in 20 mins and I'm running on 1 hour sleep):

-Right before they played TWAT, about 15 of us on or near the barrier stage left facing the center ego ramp started chanting for TWAT. The band played it. Don't know if we influenced them at all, just saying...

-During YCBM, I shouted "...With your ass in the air!". Axl made eye contact with me, started laughing, and gave me a thumbs up.

-During RQ, Axl peeled a band-aid off his hand and threw it off stage. That band-aid is now in my scrapbook :D

-Axl and Tommy REALLY favored our side of the center ego ramp. Tommy was giving us the goofy faces for the whole show, and shouted to us during KOHD "You guys are fucking great!"

-Can't remember what song, but Axl high-fived a few people in the lower bowl on the stage right catwalk

-Crowd was REALLY into the new songs, with the exception of TIL

That's all I got for now, I'll update later. Also, snapped just a few pics at the very end. However, I forgot to bring my camera back to school, so I'll share these when I go home in 2 weeks.

All in all, it was the best birthday anyone could ever hope for!

I think it was during Knockin' that some chick threw her panties on stage and Axl picked them up and joked that he didn't know whether they were some girls or if they were Ashba's. lol

I hope someone recorded that ;)

I'm happy you all had fun, seems like another great, fun and successful show. New pic is totaly funny, nice 1 Axl (btw U look gorgeous :wub:). Now can you pleaseeeeeeeee, come to Portugal?!!!

Unbelievable show! Toronto 2006 was great, last night blew that show away! Axl and the band were on fire all night.

Security were assholes so I didn't get many pictures or video but I'll post a couple at the end of my little review here.

The new intro was really cool. Axl's voice was top notch the whole night. As mentioned, he screwed up by coming in too early on Mr. Brownstone but the band caught it right away and made a flawless transition. I don't think some people even noticed.

Ashaba is a perfect addition to this line-up, great on stage and great with the crowd! Ron and Fortus killed it throughout the night too.

I was happy to see There Was A Time and Scraped. No Catcher but can't have it all right? It was odd not to hear Patience but I can't say it was missed.

Also nice was the fact that Rocket Queen was played since I was dying to hear that live!

The crowd responded really well to all the new stuff, the floor looked really into it! There were some girls behind me screaming for Axl all night and calling out all the new songs, which impressed me needless to say. ;)

There's plenty more I could say but it's hard to sum it all up. The whole band is tight, Axl sounds and performs as amazing as ever, and he was in a really good mood all night. The arena certainly was!

As for the sound, it was shitty that the mic cut out during the end of Paradise City but Axl kind of just smiled and shrugged his shoulders. As a side note, Paradise City hasn't sounded THAT good in a long time. Amazing performance!

This was the best I could do for pictures. I saw several people who got caught getting threatened to be thrown out. Gotta love power-tripping venue "security"!

1003509.jpg

1003508d.jpg

1003507w.jpg

As someone else mentioned as well, the sound was really good. Nice and clear, much better than the Air Canada Centre.

SEXY <--- my one word review of last night's show.

Highlights

* Axl Rose is just amazing.......I do not have proper words to do justice

* Ron playing to the flame, as if he was conjuring a spell

* DJ's interaction with the crowd

* Richard's aloof posture one minute and raging energy the next

* Frank's beats - I danced the entire show

Lowlites (or is that lowlifes)

A guy sitting directly in front of me winged his drink at the stage. I caught the security guy's attention (wasn't difficult as I swear he was staring at me the entire show......and I think it's the security guy in Paul Stanley's 2nd pic) - I pointed out the kid and he was quickly ejected. The odd thing is, the kid was singing, dancing, seeming to be enjoying himself - - and apparently his way of expressing enjoyment was to throw his drink at the stage. The other odd thing was that nobody else made effort to point the idiot out.....nonconfrontational much, section 123?

I was also a true pleasure to hangout with Eric, Gunsguy and Mrs. Gunsguy before the show. And Eric met Axl??!!??? That is fantastic!! :lol:

...time to pack up and head to London!

Edited by innocuous1

The story about the panties is killing me! This seemed to be a fun show for the band.

What story? Sorry, I couldn't find it in this thread...

This...

I think it was during Knockin' that some chick threw her panties on stage and Axl picked them up and joked that he didn't know whether they were some girls or if they were Ashba's.
Edited by Cdlove

Awesome. I mean Awesome show last nite guys. waited in line since about 2pm &I was the first 1 into the arena & picked a perfect spot on the rail just off to the side of the stage. The first thing that struck me is how good Axl looks & How fit he is. The man has more energy than a 2 year- old on crack!

GnR has definately taken things to a whole new level. Axl's voice was so powerful & the band was so tight . I sweaR IT BROUGHT TEARS to my eyes! Axl is really enjoying himself & seeems to have really good chemistry with the band. I like that they keep making small changes in the Setlist. Axl & Tommy would always discuss what was next.

I'm soo, so Glad they played TWAT!! definitley the highlite of the night. we had been screaming for it all nite & I swear to god it worked. Axl sung it so powerfully, it made the hair stand up on the back of my next several times. I just couldn't contain my self at that point, the xperience was simply surreal!

Of course all guitarists shredded all night long & DJ fit in seammessly. Loved the James bond solo! Awesome.

I'm also really glaAD i GOT TO HEAR SCRAPED, SHACKLERS, TWAT, TIL but I am dissapointed no IRS, Out to Get Me & Catcher, but I think that's abit tough for AXl to sing. Those were small dissapointments. The show really was note for note perfect & the stage setup was immense. the pyro display was insane!! they tore through the setlist which flowed nicely

I got DJ's Pick & Frank's drummstick whch was shredded from him pounding those drums, but i't my first time getting one & it's definitely going on a rock room wall!!

Guy's if your thinking about traveling, flying, driving u must see a GnR show ASAP!! CU in London tonite rock3 rock1

Edited by IRS2008

Here is a clip of Better!

I wish it was more but security was watching over my area like a hawk! The guy in front of me seemed to have recorded most of the show. He had some balls because security told him a bunch of times to get rid of the camera. He'd get caught, put it away, and then as soon as security would turn he'd whip it back out!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=prALCF86bvQ

I also got the There Was A Time solo and all of November Rain, except I opted for audio on those and kept the camera in my pocket. No idea how to extract audio from a Quicktime file or I'd put those up for grabs too.

I've got a bit of 18 & Life from Bach's set that I'll put up too.